What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

I like F21 better because you can hit-confirm F21, it has better recovery than B1 so you can sneak throws after the string better than B1 and once the opponent thinks you're going for a throw after F21 you can end the string with Ex Raising Karma to full combo or keep the string safe. Unless you're the second coming of Jesus you're not hit-confirming B1 into anything.
b 1 armor breaks though. you are right though f21 is easier to hit confirm.

Tweedy

Noob
Walking dead analogy that contains a spoiler. Spoiler warning breh.

Possessed is like Glenn on the Walking Dead.

The other two variations are like Glenn after the first couple hits from Lucille.

Like it's still Glenn, but you don't want what he has become.

Walking dead analogy that contains a spoiler. Spoiler warning breh.

Possessed is like Glenn on the Walking Dead.

The other two variations are like Glenn after the first couple hits from Lucille.

Like it's still Glenn, but you don't want what he has become.
Walking Dead still good? I left off at season 3 or 4.

Tweedy

Noob
Kenshi has absolutely bottom tier counterpoking.

This is something that I always kind of knew, but I wanted to stay optimistic. That's what's stopping Possessed from being top tier and Balanced from being solid, imo.

Tweedy

Noob
To elaborate, his fastest mid that will reach in a poke war, is 13 frames. This allows for characters to mash pokes that are up to -5 on you, without risk of eating a combo. Even if you want to make an argument for B3, they can still mash pokes that are up to -4. A lot of characters have those.

Cassie's D3 literally low profiles his D1.

When you have respect, Kenshi has no stand alone 50/50s, so you can't make them guess, as a result of their respect. This makes Kenshi's counterpoke game, maybe the worst on the entire roster IMO.

Edit: Lets not to forget that having a backdash also helps here. When someone blocks your non-punishable poke, you can always backdash as an option. Kenshi does not have that due to literally having the worst backdash in MKX.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
To elaborate, his fastest mid that will reach in a poke war, is 13 frames. This allows for characters to mash pokes that are up to -5 on you, without risk of eating a combo. Even if you want to make an argument for B3, they can still mash pokes that are up to -4. A lot of characters have those.

When you have respect, Kenshi has no stand alone 50/50s, so you can't make them guess, as a result of their respect. This makes Kenshi's counterpoke game, maybe the worst on the entire roster IMO.

Edit: Lets not to forget that having a backdash also helps here. When someone blocks your non-punishable poke, you can always backdash as an option. Kenshi does not have that due to literally having the worst backdash in MKX.
Completely agree. Cassie's d3 is a huge pain in the ass. It didn't matter in the last patch as much because of armoured launchers, but those being removed fucked kenjutsu dry

I usually make sure I have a bar of meter at all times for ex push because that's literally his back dash right there.

Tweedy

Noob
People are starting to block overhead and then jump, to cover both the low and teleport options, off of strings or normals where the low can be jumped out of, like 322 or B1.

To counteract this, i'll sometimes just stagger the strings. Even at -9 after 322, you can easily D2 a neutral or cross over jump. If they do a cross over, it's an easy full combo off of D2, if you follow up with B1.

I still see well established players saying that things like Raiden's D3, Ermac's D4, or low profiling to make the teleport whiff with a move like Liu's D3, is an easy way to get around teleport. Not the case, NJP will catch all of that stuff.

Some players that I've played extensively, are starting to run under the teleport, rendering it completely useless off of any string, if read. Ultimately teleport is gonna have to be used when they don't expect it, rather than as a constant pressure tool. I've been trying to teleport less, even against players that I could probably just 42 teleport to death until they press something and die.

The less teleport is relied on, the easier it'll become to play vs characters like Scorpion and Mileena, who don't even need a brain to render the teleport useless, if read.

I really don't believe that Possessed will just become low mid tier or something once everyone has ironed out the MU. A flowchart playstyle with Possessed is just extremely suspect at a high level.

People are starting to block overhead and then jump, to cover both the low and teleport options, off of strings or normals where the low can be jumped out of, like 322 or B1.

To counteract this, i'll sometimes just stagger the strings. Even at -9 after 322, you can easily D2 a neutral or cross over jump. If they do a cross over, it's an easy full combo off of D2, if you follow up with B1.

I still see well established players saying that things like Raiden's D3, Ermac's D4, or low profiling to make the teleport whiff with a move like Liu's D3, is an easy way to get around teleport. Not the case, NJP will catch all of that stuff.

Some players that I've played extensively, are starting to run under the teleport, rendering it completely useless off of any string, if read. Ultimately teleport is gonna have to be used when they don't expect it, rather than as a constant pressure tool. I've been trying to teleport less, even against players that I could probably just 42 teleport to death until they press something and die.

The less teleport is relied on, the easier it'll become to play vs characters like Scorpion and Mileena, who don't even need a brain to render the teleport useless, if read.

I really don't believe that Possessed will just become low mid tier or something once everyone has ironed out the MU. A flowchart playstyle with Possessed is just extremely suspect at a high level.
Thanks for sharing ur game plan with Kenshi. Just asking, do u still play alien?

Yeah definitely saw u trying to teleport less against od 2ez. At first I was thinking u teleported less to avoid ermac's god like down 4 anti air. However, with ur explanation, I get it now.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Is it already known on how you can make Kenshi face the other way after doing a brutal? I did it twice by accident but I can't figure out how to do it again.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
How does one Kenshi main go about trying to beat Mileena? I can beat Yolo ones, but Mileena players that know the mu I struggle with. Especially up close. I can't count the amount of times I've been in a close fight and lose because I lost the footsie battle, have my AA attempt stuffed or get hit with a ball roll as soon as I let go of block.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tweedy

Noob
How does one Kenshi main go about trying to beat Mileena? I can beat Yolo ones, but Mileena players that know the mu I struggle with. Especially up close. I can't count the amount of times I've been in a close fight and lose because I lost the footsie battle, have my AA attempt stuffed or get hit with a ball roll as soon as I let go of block.

Any help would be appreciated.
B1 is pretty good at stuffing wake up ball roll and EX ball roll.

If you duck block tele kick, you can punish it clean with D2 or 114. If you stand block both whiff. Gotta make every blocked tele kick count.

Tweedy

Noob
With Possessed I think it's 100% essential to be able to hit confirm 114 off of D1 or D4 on hit.

It basically gives you a launcher or throw mix up. Then you can mix in demons and teleports on top of that.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Posting this because you started hit confirming b32 today?

It it's for reviving Kenshi forums it's ok, they are pretty dead atm. But the b32 confirm is part of the folklore.
are you trying to say Hitconfirming B32 isn't a thing or that it doesn't matter?