What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

Immortal

Blind justice....
I think he was saying that this is what kenjutsu mains do (did), all the time
Exactly, this is like day 1 tech, nothing wrong with posting it but any Kenshi players probably can do it since day 1.

Also nobody is using Kenjutsu, there is no point a side from posting on TYM forums and say "hey i use him, his not that bad, you Kenshi mains need to get good". :>

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I heard Pig talking about hit confirming the low and I wanted to try.

Sorry for posting it like it was new information. I'm used to just talking to myself like that in the alien forums.
Man Alien forums good times. Me u and ATP were like the only ones talking Tarkatan

Tweedy

Noob
What do you guys think about like, raw overhead demon as a mix up?

I was joking with pig about how jump 1 on block into raw overhead demon never gets blocked. It really never does though lol. It's basically a free 9%, but being only +2 on hit with a 13 frame mid and D4 kinda sucks.

I was joking with pig about how jump 1 on block into raw overhead demon never gets blocked. It really never does though lol. It's basically a free 9%, but being only +2 on hit with a 13 frame mid and D4 kinda sucks.
Its good when ur absolutely dominating and ur opponent is on a tilt lol

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.

I do it, the pushback on hit against a host of characters makes it worth it. People who don't know the matchup usually jump after it so you get a free 9/19% more after it. I avoid it against people like cassie/jax/kano who you're just asking them to use their auto footsies button on you.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What should be my go to punish string and/or combo ?
ty
Depends on the variation.

If you are playing Balanced, b32 into risingkarma usually does the job, leading to good damage. Also it's a hit confirm, so you are safe if you happen to mistime it. However, for more tight punishes you have to use standing 1 or standing 2, which are 9f startup. Standing 2 has better hitbox and is ultra easy to hitconfirm. For attacks that push back the opponent out of these normals reach when blocked (like Sonya's ex kick or Rep's ex slide) b1 into rising karma is your friend. This applies to Kenjutsu too.

For Kenjutsu and possessed, the b32 option gives significantly less meterless damage. B3 into db1 gives good damage in Kenjutsu but it's not hitconfirm and if you mistime it you are dead.

111 in Kenjutsu and 114 in possessed are good starters for meterless. Possessed grounded meterless damage midscreen sucks btw.

If you specify the variation you are using, I can give you more details. In other characters the punishes are similar in all variations, but not in Kenshi's case.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
What I think about match ups right now.

Difficult: Mileena

Pretty Difficult: Scorpion, Kano, Sektor, Smoke, Cassie, Displacer, D'vorah, Bo Rai Cho, Sorcerer Quan

Even: Kitana, Sonya, Jax, Jason, Imposter, HQT, Ermac, Thunder God, Summoner Quan, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Ronin, Crystalline Tremor

Pretty Good: Sub Zero, Goro, Tanya, Kung Lao, Lasher Takeda, Johnny Cage, Boneshaper

Lol pick someone else: Ferra/Torr, Kung Jin

These are just match ups I've played extensively. I may update later. Thoughts? This is Possessed specific, but I have been thinking about using Balanced vs Pyro Tanya. I think Balanced wins that.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What I think about match ups right now.

Difficult: Mileena

Pretty Difficult: Scorpion, Kano, Sektor, Smoke, Cassie, Displacer, D'vorah, Bo Rai Cho, Sorcerer Quan

Even: Kitana, Sonya, Jax, Jason, Imposter, HQT, Ermac, Thunder God, Summoner Quan, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Ronin, Crystalline Tremor

Pretty Good: Sub Zero, Goro, Tanya, Kung Lao, Lasher Takeda, Johnny Cage, Boneshaper

Lol pick someone else: Ferra/Torr, Kung Jin

These are just match ups I've played extensively. I may update later. Thoughts? This is Possessed specific, but I have been thinking about using Balanced vs Pyro Tanya. I think Balanced wins that.
Yea I think Quan and mileena are equally as hard but could be me

I feel ermac is 4-6

I agree with BRC, always saw that as a potential bad MU. Scorpion MU is obnoxious

I also feel leatherface has virtually NOOOOO chance vs possessed.

Balanced/Kenjustu MUs I prefer over possessed: Tanya, thunder God, Kitana sektor

Tweedy

Noob
If anyone wants to discuss specifics just ask me.

For some reason when in the corner with armored portal up, Sorcerer Quan can break Kenshi's EX push with a single hit. He basically becomes Sub Zero or another character that's hopeless against Sorcerer, but of course Kenshi lacks the offense of a character like Sub Zero. That's why I think he loses.

It probably has something to do with very little armored active frames.

ismael4790

For some reason when in the corner with armored portal up, Sorcerer Quan can break Kenshi's EX push with a single hit. He basically becomes Sub Zero or another character that's hopeless against Sorcerer, but of course Kenshi lacks the offense of a character like Sub Zero. That's why I think he loses.

Sorcerer destroys Kenshi. Not even a matchup, it almost qualifies for rape. For masochists only.

I don't think Balanced wins Pyro in this version of the game. He did in the previous one though. Her improved zoning and great mobility give her all the tools to annoy Balanced. Exrk was crucial in this matchup.

Imo some matchups where Balanced is an actual good alternative to Possessed are Kitana, Cage, Sektor, non displacer Raiden and Bugson Briggs (he is still in the game, right?). I feel comfortable in some others, like Kano or Cassie, but it's probably personal.

Last edited:

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.

What do you in the corner anyways against him? Quan players will press buttons before I can break his armour with b1.
Can you do something like a fast poke into armour?

Tweedy

Noob
What do you in the corner anyways against him? Quan players will press buttons before I can break his armour with b1.
Can you do something like a fast poke into armour?
Block a mix, poke him out of a hit, block another mix, punish. LOL

Something like that. It's hard man.

Tweedy

Noob
Sorcerer destroys Kenshi. Not even a matchup, it almost qualifies for rape. For masochists only.

I don't think Balanced wins Pyro in this version of the game. He did in the previous one though. Her improved zoning and great mobility give her all the tools to annoy Balanced. Exrk was crucial in this matchup.

Imo some matchups where Balanced is an actual good alternative to Possessed are Kitana, Cage, Sektor, non displacer Raiden and Bugson Briggs (he is still in the game, right?). I feel comfortable in some others, like Kano or Cassie, but it's probably personal.
Yeah Jax lowkey does all right vs Possessed.

I need to try Balanced vs Kitana and Sektor.

My problems with Cassie are her button speed(B1 and D4), her D3 going under Kenshi's D1, stuff like that. Switching to Balanced probably wouldn't help me there.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Yea I think Quan and mileena are equally as hard but could be me

I feel ermac is 4-6

I agree with BRC, always saw that as a potential bad MU. Scorpion MU is obnoxious

I also feel leatherface has virtually NOOOOO chance vs possessed.

Balanced/Kenjustu MUs I prefer over possessed: Tanya, thunder God, Kitana sektor
You are 100% right on the Leatherface MU. It's complete ass for Leatherface :(

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Pumped up is beat JAX for possessed

Gets a free 22% 1 bar grab anytime KENSHI tries mixing w tele. Shit adds up quick

3 bars and you're down 66% for trying to start offense

Dash punch punishes OH
I was waiting for someone to talk about this. He has one of the best options for Tele in the whole damn game. It's kind of gross how hard he answers it. Like you get hit twice, that's 44% gone because you were trying to pressure.

ismael4790

I was waiting for someone to talk about this. He has one of the best options for Tele in the whole damn game. It's kind of gross how hard he answers it. Like you get hit twice, that's 44% gone because you were trying to pressure.
Pumped up Jax (exgotcha) and Cyber Kano (6f uplaser leading to combo with bar) probably are the two that get the best guaranteed answers on reaction vs Possessed teleport game.

ismael4790

Quick scan to check what Kenshi players, after three months playing this new version of the game, would like to see in the unlikely event of a new patch.

If it was in your hands, what changes would you do to him? All three variations, although I'm more interested in your suggestions to improve the weakest variations that got hit in last patch.

@Pig Of The Hut @Immortal @DarksydeDash @Tweedy @CrazyFingers @ChatterBox @Bleu231 @SneakyTortoise @Ashenar @coconutshrimp @Fellow_Swordsman
And any other Kenshi player.

Quick scan to check what Kenshi players, after three months playing this new version of the game, would like to see in the unlikely event of a new patch.

If it was in your hands, what changes would you do to him? All three variations, although I'm more interested in your suggestions to improve the weakest variations that got hit in last patch.

@Pig Of The Hut @Immortal @DarksydeDash @Tweedy @CrazyFingers @ChatterBox @Bleu231 @SneakyTortoise @Ashenar @coconutshrimp @Fellow_Swordsman
And any other Kenshi player.

Maaaan, I play Kenjutsu, am I not in the Kenshi community? I want a tag.:D