What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

I'm holding on to hope that nothing was in the patch because they are working on something substantial for him. Maybe its false hope but oh well, i love the character.

it would be a shame for nrs to not take fixing kenshi seriously........they obviously put a ton of passion into his variations on the aesthetic end of things.....just look at them, you have balanced which is basically suppose to be your classic kenshi, possessed is just badass as fuck visually, and kenjutsu just is kenshi without his head band, going all in hand to hand and is just like zero fucks given.......this character needs to be made at least viable, i dont expect him to be top tier but i would at least be happy with him being somewhere mid to high tier.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I played Kenshi this weekend and Oh my god. All complaints I've heard are warranted.

He seems utterly helpless against like everyone but Kotal Kahn. I hope you guys get your buffs.

I've played Kenshi myself since day 1 and I honestly don't think he's THAT bad as people say. He definitely is sub-par, but Pig has been placing decently high in tournaments with him, and Wonderchef won a local against a good Dvorah player (I think it was krayzie?)

Kenjutsu looks stronger on paper, but the links are still ridiculously hard, meaning you have pretty much no choice but to spend meter to get any reasonable damage out of him. That said, the meter'd damage has been improved somewhat with this latest patch.

I want Kenshi to work as much as the next fan, but the improvements are over hyped IMO. (Atleast for Kenjutsu)

Kenjutsu looks stronger on paper, but the links are still ridiculously hard, meaning you have pretty much no choice but to spend meter to get any reasonable damage out of him. That said, the meter'd damage has been improved somewhat with this latest patch.

I want Kenshi to work as much as the next fan, but the improvements are over hyped IMO. (Atleast for Kenjutsu)
I feel the links are easier. B1 after ex spinning blade feels MUCH better. The 111 after rk is way better too. I was using d2 pre patch because it had 8 frames to d1's 9. Im much more used to the timing. Plus the damage increase to his slam and toss is a godsend. Kenjutsu def got better.

I feel the links are easier. B1 after ex spinning blade feels MUCH better.
There is no mention in the patch notes of changes to B1 or Ex Spinning Blade and that's pretty much the only link that can be made with ease yet requires meter. There is still no reasonable way to get a 50/50 out of Kenjutsu without bar or absurd timing.

Hell, there is still no reasonable way to get a combo out of Kenjutsu that is in the 30s, let alone a 50/50.

There is no mention in the patch notes of changes to B1 or Ex Spinning Blade and that's pretty much the only link that can be made with ease yet requires meter. There is still no reasonable way to get a 50/50 out of Kenjutsu without bar or absurd timing.

Hell, there is still no reasonable way to get a combo out of Kenjutsu that is in the 30s, let alone a 50/50.
Just looked back thru the patch notes and i was wrong. Nothing was done to the spinning blade. I was just hitting it way more consistently last night for some reason.

I still feel with the increase to his poke ans specials he is way better. As with his rk. Fixing to go back to the lab in a minute

NHDR

Noob
Balanced variation questions:

A. F32 xx rising karma -> is this safe? I think I've seen Pig use it very often.
B. Rising karma as an AA or D2?
C. Use overhead slice after every telefury hit for extra chip?

Lastly, with the latest patch in mind, is there a string that can be used to make telepush safe? Thanks.

Just so everyone is aware, Ex Rising Sword now combos into Tele-Toss as the range has been dramatically increased from the patch. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet so thought I'd share. (Kenjutsu variation)

Just so everyone is aware, Ex Rising Sword now combos into Tele-Toss as the range has been dramatically increased from the patch. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet so thought I'd share. (Kenjutsu variation)
Give me a minute and i will post an update for some combos. You are right. Thst leads to an easy 32%