What's new

Ken announced for SF V

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
smh.

She is rumored to be in though. Maybe you'll get your wish and hopefully I'll get mine of having Guy and Cody playable in season 2.
I hope Guy and Cody return as well as other FF characters, potentially Maki.

I think Juri is so tied to the plot, she's almost guaranteed. Her and Viper would be almost the only ones that come out of SF4's roster.

I myself would like to see Karin too though.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
flame me all you guys want with the shit im about to expose!!!!!!

Seriously .. WTF WAS CAPCOM THINKING .....

wait for it :coffee:

:eek:GIVING ME THE KEN I HAVE WANTED SINCE LIKE 8+ YEARS AGO

SFIV ken was like drinking sugar free lemonade during the summer...
plus his costumes where like a huge " F you" to america.. they were terrible. Only the beach one was remotely okay , (and thats just cause of the alpha style hair). his default hair looked like shit.

Looks like we finally got our serious Ken back ..(hopefully)

Run cancels - STHHHAAPPPP ( edited* because TYM)

All joking aside- man im really hyped for Ken. i was scared that he was just going to be another tweaked SFiv version and i was gonna have to just abandon my first ever main again..

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Him doing "slightly" different moves change a lot about the character. It's funny how you mention Bison is now interesting while ignoring that he got the same treatment that Ken got. New moves, updated outfit and different properties on the old ones. And while I'm ahead let me say it's not actually a divekick. It's a dive tatsumaki. Why does it matter that different properties in his moves will alter how his combos will look and his entire fighting plan?
Johnny Cage has "slightly" different moves from his MK9 incarnation and yet he plays a lot differently.

You're having old character stay true to their persona and fighting style while finally getting an upgraded moveset and somehow this doesn't excite you?

This is the most radical change these characters have had since... since ever. If this doesn't excite you, why are you even in this thread?
I ask this knowing you're here to troll and act like one of those console warriors who roam the threads from exclusive games that won't show up on their system badmouthing everything about the game.

You can talk all you want, but actions speak louder than words.
Jesus you are dense, like seriously man if I have to spell it out for you, look into educating yoursel for expanding your mind a bit because god damn you are really really really dense.

Has it occurred to you that people might not like Ken? I've never liked Ken, not once in any SF game, he's too vanilla for my tastes. Is that a problem? I sure hope not, I was merely stating he looks boring to me, you guys are the ones who wanted me to elaborate with your condescending comments of "Did you even watch the trailer?" and "Open your eyes!".

And again I don't expect massive innovation of a well known and classic character, especially in a SF game. But that's what it would take for me to ever like Ken. It's nice he got some new things but it's not changing his core gameplan or mechanics which is what I've been emphasizing as important to me from the beginning. It's like a variation in MKX, a character I have no interest in can go from dull to cool very quickly. Sub Zero without an ice clone? God no. With an Ice Clone? Alright, pretty cool. This goes for plenty of characters for me and that's because they give them a significant difference in their play style, Ken does no such thing. It's not like Ken became a zoner or a setup character or a grappler with some new mechanic and that's why his new additions bore me. Hope that clears that up.

"I ask this knowing you're here to troll and act like one of those console warriors who roam the threads from exclusive games that won't show up on their system badmouthing everything about the game.

You can talk all you want, but actions speak louder than words."

What does this even mean? Are you an adult? I can't fathom a fully grown person coming to that conclusion, it wreaks of teenager logic. A "console warrior"? Who the fuck says that? I have a differing opinion and somehow that makes you come to the conclusion that I'm a "console warrior" that's here to "troll". This is literally one of the dumbest things I've heard in quite some time. It's such a random childish and off base accusation that is not only stupid but has no bearing on anything I've said in here. Like how did you come to that conclusion? When have I ever mentioned consoles? I mentioned PC as for a reason why I WANT to play SF5 but nowhere did I say it was superior or anything. If you read anything I've said I already said that I don't have a bias and actually want to play SF5 more than MKX and that I "bad mouth" MKX as well, no game is exempt from criticism.

Also, actions speak louder than words? Ok? No shit, now what was the point of saying that again?

Clearly my words are lost on you and anyone else who is offended by my difference in opinion. I don't think I can elaborate on what I mean any further, it's pretty god damn simple.

haketh

Noob
Air lightning legs? That shit hasn't be new or interesting since I was a child. That move was pointless and uninteresting in 4(the lightning legs, not the air aspect) and seems to be the same in 5.
You need to stop talking about stuff you really don't know about

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
You need to stop talking about stuff you really don't know about
Elaborate?

I guess my hyphenated edit wasn't good enough.

I WAS REFERRING TO LIGHTNING LEGS BEING UNINTERESTING AS A WHOLE, NOT AIR LIGHTNING LEGS, IM FULLY AWARE THEY WEREN'T IN STREET FIGHTER 4.

Better now?

haketh

Noob
Elaborate?
Lightning legs were key to a ton of Chun's advanced BnBs & helped establish pressure. EX Legs are also one of her best punishers if you wanna go straight into Ultra and not worry about scaling. Also yes Ken's gameplan has stayed the same but he has a ton of new tools in SFV that amplify it even more, fuck he finally gets knockdown on Hadouken's which is humongous.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Jesus you are dense, like seriously man if I have to spell it out for you, look into educating yoursel for expanding your mind a bit because god damn you are really really really dense.

Has it occurred to you that people might not like Ken? I've never liked Ken, not once in any SF game, he's too vanilla for my tastes. Is that a problem? I sure hope not, I was merely stating he looks boring to me, you guys are the ones who wanted me to elaborate with your condescending comments of "Did you even watch the trailer?" and "Open your eyes!".

And again I don't expect massive innovation of a well known and classic character, especially in a SF game. But that's what it would take for me to ever like Ken. It's nice he got some new things but it's not changing his core gameplan or mechanics which is what I've been emphasizing as important to me from the beginning. It's like a variation in MKX, a character I have no interest in can go from dull to cool very quickly. Sub Zero without an ice clone? God no. With an Ice Clone? Alright, pretty cool. This goes for plenty of characters for me and that's because they give them a significant difference in their play style, Ken does no such thing. It's not like Ken became a zoner or a setup character or a grappler with some new mechanic and that's why his new additions bore me. Hope that clears that up.

"I ask this knowing you're here to troll and act like one of those console warriors who roam the threads from exclusive games that won't show up on their system badmouthing everything about the game.

You can talk all you want, but actions speak louder than words."

What does this even mean? Are you an adult? I can't fathom a fully grown person coming to that conclusion, it wreaks of teenager logic. A "console warrior"? Who the fuck says that? I have a differing opinion and somehow that makes you come to the conclusion that I'm a "console warrior" that's here to "troll". This is literally one of the dumbest things I've heard in quite some time. It's such a random childish and off base accusation that is not only stupid but has no bearing on anything I've said in here. Like how did you come to that conclusion? When have I ever mentioned consoles? I mentioned PC as for a reason why I WANT to play SF5 but nowhere did I say it was superior or anything. If you read anything I've said I already said that I don't have a bias and actually want to play SF5 more than MKX and that I "bad mouth" MKX as well, no game is exempt from criticism.

Also, actions speak louder than words? Ok? No shit, now what was the point of saying that again?

Clearly my words are lost on you and anyone else who is offended by my difference in opinion. I don't think I can elaborate on what I mean any further, it's pretty god damn simple.
it is pretty god damn simple and everyone here has you figured out.

Offend me all you want, but when you say that nothing substantial was added to Ken that changes his gameplan making him very vanilla, which this trailer shows otherwise, and then write that an extra special move is suddenly making you think sub-zero is very cool is something that I just can't take you seriously. You have Ken with all these new juggle moves, with a dive tatsumaki, with a fire hadouken (shakunetsu) which let's you juggle after it... and you say he's still vanilla.

Don't bother quoting me again. Your agenda here is quite clear.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Lightning legs were key to a ton of Chun's advanced BnBs & helped establish pressure. EX Legs are also one of her best punishers if you wanna go straight into Ultra and not worry about scaling. Also yes Ken's gameplan has stayed the same but he has a ton of new tools in SFV that amplify it even more, fuck he finally gets knockdown on Hadouken's which is humongous.
And like I said, none of those make her any more interesting. I said they were used in combos, forgot about ex being a good punisher, I hate Chun and haven't played SF4 in a year or two so sorry for not having every character memorized. I'm still correct in that the lightning legs being in the game and usable in the air does not make her drastically more interesting. Which is of course my opinion, to someone else they might cum in their pants over the news that you can do it while airborne. Good for them, not for me though.

haketh

Noob
And like I said, none of those make her any more interesting. I said they were used in combos, forgot about ex being a good punisher, I hate Chun and haven't played SF4 in a year or two so sorry for not having every character memorized. I'm still correct in that the lightning legs being in the game and usable in the air does not make her drastically more interesting. Which is of course my opinion, to someone else they might cum in their pants over the news that you can do it while airborne. Good for them, not for me though.
You've also ignored her new V-Skill which gives her a quick way to move horizontally in the air & her V-Trigger gives her amazing options off of her normals and completely changes up her pressure gameplan. Plus lets not even get into how the new slide changes up her entire footsies game.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
it is pretty god damn simple and everyone here has you figured out.

Offend me all you want, but when you say that nothing substantial was added to Ken that changes his gameplan making him very vanilla, which this trailer shows otherwise, and then write that an extra special move is suddenly making you think sub-zero is very cool is something that I just can't take you seriously. You have Ken with all these new juggle moves, with a dive tatsumaki, with a fire hadouken (shakunetsu) which let's you juggle after it... and you say he's still vanilla.

Don't bother quoting me again. Your agenda here is quite clear.
I don't think you can read or comprehend the English language very well if that's what you got from what I said.

The clone is a drastically different tool to Sub Zero's kit which is very vanilla by default. I was saying the clone, which is my kind of mechanic(a setup based space control mechanic) is what I would need to like Ken. Perhaps a fireball that stays floating or some sort of power up special, whatever he needs to not be the same old ken flying around with flame kicks and uppercuts.

"Your agenda here is quite clear"

Not me it isn't. Care to help me understand? I thought I was a console warrior who's here to troll? Has it changed? I don't even play on consoles, haven't in years. You just pull shit out of your ass and throw it every which way hoping it'll stick, I'm calling you out on your bullshit and you pretend you never said it. What a reptile you are, hiding behind the fact that you have other's equally as dense as you to make you feel better about your backwards logic.

RM_NINfan101

God forbid if you played any of the Alpha games, Street Fighter III incarnations or what have you. I'm sure the sight of those characters must of drove you nuts.

I just do not understand the tizzy you are throwing when fan favorites get put in. So you hate Ken and you hate a good chunk of the world warriors. I get it. What, did you not expect them to get put in somewhere? Come on man... If Ken didn't excite you worth a shit, why even talk about it, then throw Chun, Ryu, Cammy etc under a bus... But yet Bison excites you because he got a new Orb attack.

I question if you are a competitive street fighter player or just a fan or what have you.

*plays world's smallest violin*

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
You've also ignored her new V-Skill which gives her a quick way to move horizontally in the air & her V-Trigger gives her amazing options off of her normals and completely changes up her pressure gameplan. Plus lets not even get into how the new slide changes up her entire footsies game.
We weren't talking about Chun though, someone else brought her up cause I said I don't like her. I saw some people play her at E3, didn't like her. I don't need to break down the character for you to not like something. I saw it, thought what I was wasn't interesting, haven't though about her or what new things she's got since. If I was somehow spreading misinformation about Chun in SF5 then sure maybe I'd need to educate myself more but I don't because I didn't.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
you chill the fuck out, we understand this is your opinion dont worry i certainly am not judging you for it, calm down

you, stop trying to convince someone to like characters that you like, it is clear he doesnt like them, there is no reason to be all preachy and convert someone, that is stupid, let people like and dislike the characters they choose to like and dislike.

now can you guys can kiss and make up or something i guess i dont know how that shit works

Last edited:

RM_NINfan101

Mind you, I'm not even a fan of Chun or Cammy, but they gave them different properties on all of their stuff and Chun even got a few new moves. Cammy just got new properties to all of her specials including Hooligan Stance and Spinning Back Knuckle crossing up on knockdown for a meaty.

If his whole shtick is that they aren't "different" enough from past iterations, I don't really know what to tell him other than this has been a thing for a couple of games, err... An entire series now.

Bison is different yes, he needed to be. You can't have ST Bison anymore, he didn't work well in SF4 to a good degree and as a Bison main, he needed some new tools to work with.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
God forbid if you played any of the Alpha games, Street Fighter III incarnations or what have you. I'm sure the sight of those characters must of drove you nuts.

I just do not understand the tizzy you are throwing when fan favorites get put in. So you hate Ken and you hate a good chunk of the world warriors. I get it. What, did you not expect them to get put in somewhere? Come on man... If Ken didn't excite you worth a shit, why even talk about it, then throw Chun, Ryu, Cammy etc under a bus... But yet Bison excites you because he got a new Orb attack.

I question if you are a competitive street fighter player or just a fan or what have you.

*plays world's smallest violin*
I expected them to get put in, I just don't want them in. All I said was he doesn't look interesting and that I'm waiting for Urien. Nothing else. You guys are the ones who flocked to my comment in swarms, god forbid someone not like Ken or his play style. I like Bison for biased reasons, he's interesting aesthetically, I like the color purple, I like dictator hats and I think some of his new moves and v-trigger stuff I saw were interesting. He's not amazing or anything, I think Birdie is more interesting personally but SF never has these massively impressive characters for me, they're more so just solid looking but more fun to play. I have a nostalgic and personal bias for Bison, but I do like his improvements to make him more free moving and have more varied pressure then cr lk into scissor kicks.

Am I not allowed to have a negative opinion though? I'm not throwing a "tizzy", your guys dumb comments are just annoying and worthy of correcting. Plus I'm sleep deprived and this is keeping me entertained. That other guy was the one accusing me of dumb shit like trolling and completely misunderstanding my point. You guys are way too overprotective of Ken apparently. Let me dislike him and move on, enjoy your vanilla character with some new spices, doesn't matter to me. I was literally just leaving my opinion and moving on till you guys told me to watch it again and said condescending shit to me. So I watched and I still didn't see, then I realized you guys don't undertsand my perspective, and that is that I am very picky when it comes to what i like in a fighting game character. Give me a cool grappler or setup character and I'm usually happy, Ken is neither. Case closed, good bye.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I will not truly be happy until cody and yang make it in, but they wont, and i shall buy the game anyway, and i will have to go through the roster multiple times to find a main i like

RM_NINfan101

I expected them to get put in, I just don't want them in. All I said was he doesn't look interesting and that I'm waiting for Urien. Nothing else. You guys are the ones who flocked to my comment in swarms, god forbid someone not like Ken or his play style. I like Bison for biased reasons, he's interesting aesthetically, I like the color purple, I like dictator hats and I think some of his new moves and v-trigger stuff I saw were interesting. He's not amazing or anything, I think Birdie is more interesting personally but SF never has these massively impressive characters for me, they're more so just solid looking but more fun to play. I have a nostalgic and personal bias for Bison, but I do like his improvements to make him more free moving and have more varied pressure then cr lk into scissor kicks.

Am I not allowed to have a negative opinion though? I'm not throwing a "tizzy", your guys dumb comments are just annoying and worthy of correcting. Plus I'm sleep deprived and this is keeping me entertained. That other guy was the one accusing me of dumb shit like trolling and completely misunderstanding my point. You guys are way too overprotective of Ken apparently. Let me dislike him and move on, enjoy your vanilla character with some new spices, doesn't matter to me. I was literally just leaving my opinion and moving on till you guys told me to watch it again and said condescending shit to me. So I watched and I still didn't see, then I realized you guys don't undertsand my perspective, and that is that I am very picky when it comes to what i like in a fighting game character. Give me a cool grappler or setup character and I'm usually happy, Ken is neither. Case closed, good bye.
I'm not them, and I get your point.

I'm just wondering why you weren't expecting to get shit on for your opinion when others can also voice theirs.

It would be like me seeing a reveal for a character... For example, I never gave a fuck about Sonya ever. She got put into MKX. Was bored. I actually really hate Sonya and was not hype. I just didn't type that opinion because to me it's not worth it nor is it worth going into a topic about said character and saying: "Yeah he sucks, boring typical shoto. SFV looks to have nothing new, but oh well I like Bison because I main him blah blah." because I know some people are fans of Ken. When Bison actually plays a lot like his 4 counterpart, just with slight tweaks. This is coming from a Bison main.

Some opinions are better left unsaid if you know they'll cause a shitstorm. Just saying.

EDIT: I'm not even a fan of Ken either, but I think for this game he looks unique enough and they changed some stuff up with him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree with @PANDEMlC, Ken is boring. He looks slightly more interesting in SFV, but only slightly. Give us Urien! I also like Bison too, but I always have, he will be my main in SFV.