What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

KazKill

Noob
So what match ups do you all think Cyber excels in with the new meta?
I don't think his match ups changed that much but some of his previously favorable MU's are even better now. Anyone that can't contest or trade with his knives really struggle. I feel like he does very well against Jax, Kotal, Cassie, Jason, Goro, BRC, really anyone that he play keep away with and force them to come in.

Parasurama

Dragon
I noticed at SCR that cybernetic was throwing knives relatively close to the opponent, without being punished? Was this a mind game? Because it is punishable.....

gibster13

A fan of fans
I noticed at SCR that cybernetic was throwing knives relatively close to the opponent, without being punished? Was this a mind game? Because it is punishable.....
I think it was more of them being bad at spacing or they had conditioned the opponent not to jump, so they weren't scared of being punished

NHDR

Noob
Noobe is an awesome cyber to watch. You guys should also check out the recent set between Undead Jim and Irish Mantis. Jim is apparently a totally new cyber player and yet he already has great spacing (all he's missing is better B1 whiff punishing, IMO). Lots of cyber content released in the last week.

Ardet

Noob
There is still, imo, no better cybernetic player than @MrInsaynne

If only he streamed Mk kano again ;-;
Totally agree. I watched many pro cyber players. But noone is good as Coach Steve. His fundamntals are godlike. He uses 101% tools Cyber has, he is amazing! I learned everything by watching his matches. Yeah, would be nice if he starts streamin mkxl again.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
After playing him for about a week the biggest thing I wish they gave him was more damage from EX AA Laser. That AA is godly for projectile jump range but to consistently get damage you end up with 19% for the bar and midscreen. If you could consistently hit run B2 from all ranges it would be so much nicer and if the raw AA did a little more.

The problem is they kinda made it a big corner combo staple so I don't know how they would go about changing it for my requests without making the corner combos stronger. I know a lot of you will tell me to use other AA's but the up laser is 100% consistent against everything I have come across so far with the appropriate reaction and I love that.

Knives being 6% would be a nice change I wouldn't mind, the main change I would prefer is B1 being a true mid and not getting low profiled. What ends up happening is I am forced to use 32 and get less reward for them pressing a button.

My recorded set with Mantis went a bit shit on my end, I did better in the casuals we played the other day and it was more obvious he changed it up but I wasn't comfy going for more grabs so got slapped up.

P.S character is very fun!

Ardet

Noob
Good to see you playin it. I loved your HW Jax back then. For AA I dont see a reason to not to go for b1 or even s1. Both great AAs and pretty constistant. Also net you good damage. And for ex up laser, you will get use to timing of run and b23-ball after it. Just need to practise and do b2 sooner than you would think, that move has insaine range. Ex up laser can also give more dmg of regular b1 AA, via b1, b13-exlaser, run b23-ball. Gives around 30% or above. So if that combo is quite possible, no reason for raw exEyelaser to not get easy by practise. Keep using him Jim, I wonder how far you can bring him. Love your style.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Appreciate the kind words Ardet, gonna have a mess tomorrow with doing B2 earlier and get a feel of if I can do it 100% as I never thought to do it much earlier than expected. The AA is so good, if I get 26% every time with the B2 link I will be super happy, plus the ability to spend 2 bars and get 30% from it which would be game changing for me.