What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Jupe

Noob
I would love you guys to check out my cybernetic games and give me some tips, seeing as there seems to be so few of us now. NGL I get bodied the first game

@MrInsaynne @Jupe @Undeadjim @Phosferrax @SaltShaker (if you still play him ;p) @any I have missed

I'm pretty bad at analyzing games to be honest, but I htink you were doing very well. The few "mistakes" from this set I noticed were lack of whiff punishing after backdashes and you were doing a lot of d4s (and some other buttons) in situations where they have no chance to hit. D4 is really good but it does have a lot of whiff recovery so even if you don't get whiff punished, you lose the chance to space yourself better etc.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I'm pretty bad at analyzing games to be honest, but I htink you were doing very well. The few "mistakes" from this set I noticed were lack of whiff punishing after backdashes and you were doing a lot of d4s (and some other buttons) in situations where they have no chance to hit. D4 is really good but it does have a lot of whiff recovery so even if you don't get whiff punished, you lose the chance to space yourself better etc.
Ok cheers. I noticed the lack of whiff punishing myself a second ago. And I like the d4 comment, I get overconfident with that normal.

NHDR

Noob
I was literally going to say what Jupe said verbatim. Don't throw D4 out unless you're in range, especially against Jax, since he has good whiff punish tools. There were also a few instances where I thought you could EX Up Ball for the AA. Good play other than that! :)

gibster13

A fan of fans
This is not really advice, but I was curious why you did not do that b2 rangey mid much.... when I was looking at Cybernetic, it seemed like one of his best spacing tools that was variation specific?
I don't find his b2 useful. The tip of its range is normal where I would throw a knife instead. It's too slow.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Honestly I was just shredded by Ketchup and Sektor

There was little to nothing I could do, but exploit his mistakes.

How does one fight sektor ?

6% Knives would help this match up along with many

NHDR

Noob
I do recall reading that Sektor is a bit of a hard counter to Cyber. As with any zoning character playing a bad zoning matchup, rush Sektor down. Save your meter for EX knives and push him to the corner with ender Kano Ball.

Normally I'd say "pick CT" but that seems obvious. Plus, I assume you want to actually play Cyber regardless.

gibster13

A fan of fans
The issue is I'm spending a bar on knives to get what he gets meterlessy. I say either;

1) reduced chip on knives a make them do 6%-7%
2)high and 8%

Jupe

Noob
Honestly I was just shredded by Ketchup and Sektor

There was little to nothing I could do, but exploit his mistakes.

How does one fight sektor ?

6% Knives would help this match up along with many
I also feel the match up is bad for cyber but haven't played the mu that much with cyber so might just be unfamilirity. CT - Sektor used to be really good match up for kano as sektor could never end his strings in uprockets if you had a bar but not sure how it is after the patch.

and what I can do is nothing in that matchup but counter pick
So, if you can not figure it out, then yes, counterpick, do not try to come up with some system balancing changes because NRS will not listen to you, so it is pointless to create a wishlist. You have to work with what you currently have. ;)