What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
why does he need an air throw though? I never get that. He has B1 in Commando and cyber, Air ball, D2, upball. He really doesn't need more aa options. Cyber doesn't to do much damage because you're also chipping them down and converting to 25-30% every single time you get a touch because of everything converting to eye laser. I guess they could buff eye laser damage by a percent or 2 then you would be getting more dmg for every single touch/punish
To increase his damage they should increase the damage of the grenade strings by 3 or 4%. This means that his already high corner damage doesn't increase but his low midscreen metered damge increases.

He gets a guaranteed 29% punish metereless, plus all the chip he will then get after he knocks them fullscreen, which is fine. What is kind of sucky is that for a character who relies purely on punishing as a means of getting his damage, he gets a rather low amount for a bar of his best whiff punisher in b1, maxing out at 33% midscreen for a bar.

The bar is almost not worth it in most cases, as it adds about 6-7% to a bnb, but a string into ex knives is about the same in chip damage, is plus on block and gives you about a 3rd of a bar back anyway. In my mind, most of the time it's better using the bar for ex knives then it is using it for bnb's.

SE1Z3

Noob
To increase his damage they should increase the damage of the grenade strings by 3 or 4%. This means that his already high corner damage doesn't increase but his low midscreen metered damge increases.

He gets a guaranteed 29% punish metereless, plus all the chip he will then get after he knocks them fullscreen, which is fine. What is kind of sucky is that for a character who relies purely on punishing as a means of getting his damage, he gets a rather low amount for a bar of his best whiff punisher in b1, maxing out at 33% midscreen for a bar.

The bar is almost not worth it in most cases, as it adds about 6-7% to a bnb, but a string into ex knives is about the same in chip damage, is plus on block and gives you about a 3rd of a bar back anyway. In my mind, most of the time it's better using the bar for ex knives then it is using it for bnb's.
What if I told you that 3% was already there, kinda?

May not be the case for everyone, but once I started using 112xDB1 B232+4MB, RC, B1B1, 112BF3
instead of the super safe optimal version, I have been getting 37% off every punish.

It's harder, certainly riskier, but much less so in the beta and the 4% makes a big difference.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
What if I told you that 3% was already there, kinda?

May not be the case for everyone, but once I started using 112xDB1 B232+4MB, RC, B1B1, 112BF3
instead of the super safe optimal version, I have been getting 37% off every punish.

It's harder, certainly riskier, but much less so in the beta and the 4% makes a big difference.
That's a 1% damage increase from the 112 bnb I use, so it's not really the damage difference.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Up his damage on knives and ex knives tbh. Just by 1-2%. It would add damage to my favorite bnb (112 db1 112 knife - run up throw/b1) while making his zoning scarier. ALSO it will add some % when you convert off of ex knives (sloppy hit confirm/opponent pushing buttons)

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I wish they would up the damage for his knives too. Trading with Mileena is sad for Kano.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm glad most of agree that there needs to be some sort of buff to his dmg output. Either from his strings or from knifes whatever it maybe a little boost can't hurt him. His b1, F4, his f3 2+4 & b13 are really good and used correctly has yall know is his openings to some serious punishment.

I agree but against the cast who can DO 26-33% midscreen no problem I feel it leaves cyber a little further back from the rest of the cast. Especially when the opponent knows to just crouch block and stay out of sweep range. Just my opinion.

And why I said air throw is because it's his staple move since MK3 for him. Also and again it's just my opinion. His jump. His jump is very floaty in the air. I find it very slow as compared to scorp, sub, jax or Cassie. His very good air ball which is now even better and his very nice jnpb1 is great too but I was just saying to me it's just not enough. Especially against a kotal or Fera Torr and even a jax and Aftershock Tremor, Tanya and a few others for that matter regadless of where cyber is postioned on the screen or how the match up is.

Again i say this is my opion but i find their normals and specials seem to take a priority over b1, air ball, up ball and D2. Again I'm just putting it out there as a general point of view and a lil make a wish on a star type of thing because from MK3 till now it's always has been a viable option to use and reassess your game plan and put the Fear of God of your opponent to not do that again and gives you great spacing and the ability to also use with our juggles and what not.

Just my opinion.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Guys i got some tech and want some cyber kano mains opinion on it. its similar to bone shapper shinnok standing reset for me i do 112×db1 112×bf4 112×df2(knife toss) basically instead kano ball as a ender its knife toss it does 32 percent and almost guarantees a down 4 because knife toss is 11 on hit. so you have opions after this usally i been going in for throughs 12 percent added to 32 is 44 percent thats good damage for a cybernetic kano if people try to counter the through then i just go back in for a b1 string to catch crouchers. Thats it its another opions for a variation that isnt that strong but fun to play.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Guys i got some tech and want some cyber kano mains opinion on it. its similar to bone shapper shinnok standing reset for me i do 112×db1 112×bf4 112×df2(knife toss) basically instead kano ball as a ender its knife toss it does 32 percent and almost guarantees a down 4 because knife toss is 11 on hit. so you have opions after this usally i been going in for throughs 12 percent added to 32 is 44 percent thats good damage for a cybernetic kano if people try to counter the through then i just go back in for a b1 string to catch crouchers. Thats it its another opions for a variation that isnt that strong but fun to play.
Sorry about the spelling guys at work

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
It's known, I use it quite a lot :D run up grab/b1 is a solid mix up after it. When I say solid I mean in terms of cyber lol

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
so is the 32 percent restand bnb viable should keep using it or just go for max damage ???
Depends on MU. If you want em full screen send them away. If you can take them on close or if you have bar to burn or life deficit to make up for, keep them close.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I feel the Up eye lazer is even more faster? I can successfully use it and stay safe not being punish. Does it feel like Cyber damage been buff? Or could it be the OH Kano ball making Cyber stronger?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I just now tried to think of the characters that Cybernetic has an advantage over and I came up with:

HT Jacqui
Lackey F/T
Dualist Liu Kang

And that is all lmao. I am unsure about some of Jax's and D'Vorah's variations, or even SG Jacqui but those 3 are all I can think of that Cyber does beat in my opinion.

Any other opinions?

@bdizzle2700 @Youphemism @SaltShaker @MrInsaynne