What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
His backdash is still really good. My eyes might be playing games from reading post so it might be a little slower, but it still covers the same amount of space.
Yea, but why even mess with to begin with? As if a bunch of people have been screaming from the rooftops, "we gotta nerf that backlash asap"! lol #pointless It's just annoying that they would be making changes that literally no one complains about. There's not a lot of us Kano mains out there, at least I don't see many online. If the b1 is fixed in CT that's great, but Cyber gets nothing? Just a lil bit janky imo...but oh well I guess.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
His backdash is still really good. My eyes might be playing games from reading post so it might be a little slower, but it still covers the same amount of space.
I wanted into the beta already, but you and Youph have me just absolutely itching to feel that out. It was a really big deal for me when I was maining Kano, I lived and died by that backdash.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Cybernetic is still a decent variation, I guess. It's safe, and mid knives annoy the hell out of opponents. I hope the backdash nerf hardly changes anything.

I$AAC

Noob
I just played some matches using cybernetic. He still feels the same to me. Although I don't use b13 that often. He's still as solid as ever and can still apply pressure. Also his backdash seems the same to me. Maybe a frame slower on recovery but nothing noticeable.

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
Just watched PND_Ketchup 's new vid discussing some of the changes on Commando - if all stays the same when the new patch comes out, he'll be a really viable option. Imo, the only advantage Cyber has now would be his mid-knives. I think more Kano mains will eventually move to either CT or Commando as their most used variations. Sad face for Cyber, he needs some love too...lol
Just to be "that guy" for a minute.

You are all acting as if Cybernetic got absolutely destroyed by the b1 string having a gap, but also complain about how cybernetic doesn't open you up.

You have a safe b1 that is impossible to see if the Kano player is just doing a raw b1 to bait your punishable armoured reversal, AKA a new way to open people up.

Maybe Kano was just given a new mindgane/mixup opportunity instead of just doing b13 into nothing. if Commando can make the b1 tick throw bait work, which is literally the same mixup as baiting them to interrupt the gap, it can work for cybernetic.

Last edited:

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Something huge I haven't seen people talk about here. Air Kano ball is now an overhead. I think that's the biggest buff Kano has gotten.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
It already had an element of mixup since a jump meant overhead, but ball meant low... All this does is make swaggy IAKBs off of EX Ball cancel sound fun.

Plop

Noob
Because now commando and cybernetic have overheads. IAKBs are hard to react to if you're quick enough (at 2 frames they're faster than IADK from Lao.)
With kano's floaty jump though?
How soon after leaving the ground can you do an airball? Its not something I've ever really tried

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yo that OH air ball tho :eek:

I don't think that stuff is reactable if done properly.
It isn't. It's risky but I think it's one of those things we can use once in a while to throw people off who block low against Comm/Cyber. Doesn't really mean anything for Cut, but the other two variations at least get a threat of an IA KanoBall. How many people are really stand blocking in the MU? It'll definitely catch people if used sparingly.