What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
so i find myself playing cyber more than commando lately

is there any basic advice i should know outside of using b1 and f4 often for footsies
B2 has massive range and wiff punish potential. MB knives to stuff armored wake ups, ending meter less punishes with Kano ball to set up your zoning again, KNIVES KNIVES AND MORE KNIVES haha

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
2 and 2F4 and B31 are amazing pressure tools as well mixed with B1s and B13s, F4 is actually your least safe option but is advancing so definitely still good to mix in, plus you can cancel it into Knives or ball for more dmg/advantage. Ex knives gives a lot of advantage.

FlappyDaniel

Also in cyber it looks like you got Ryu's Low shortxxfireball. Pretty sure you can hit confirm any D4 into knives. Ex would give you a combo.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
so i find myself playing cyber more than commando lately

is there any basic advice i should know outside of using b1 and f4 often for footsies
B2, D3, D4 are all good too. 112 is your most damaging starter, hit confirm things into DB1 on the ground for your most damaging conversions. Anti-air or trip guard with B1 most of the time but B1 can be used for punishes if you don't think 112 will hit. B31 is his low starter, no overhead. Play da footsies, which you should be used to from Kotal by now anyway. 2F4 is good, 2 itself is +2 but a high and 2F4 is neutral with a little pushback. D4~DF2 is useful in footsies too, even if blocked no reversal in the game can punish it if the D4 hits.

Oh and knives. Knives, kniiiiiiiiiiives knives. Just throw 'em. Get those 11 frame motherfuckers flying. Towards their faaaaaacccceeeesssszzzzzzz.
K N I F E B O Y Z

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
B2, D3, D4 are all good too. 112 is your most damaging starter, hit confirm things into DB1 on the ground for your most damaging conversions. Anti-air or trip guard with B1 most of the time but B1 can be used for punishes if you don't think 112 will hit. B31 is his low starter, no overhead. Play da footsies, which you should be used to from Kotal by now anyway. 2F4 is good, 2 itself is +2 but a high and 2F4 is neutral with a little pushback. D4~DF2 is useful in footsies too, even if blocked no reversal in the game can punish it if the D4 hits.

Oh and knives. Knives, kniiiiiiiiiiives knives. Just throw 'em. Get those 11 frame motherfuckers flying. Towards their faaaaaacccceeeesssszzzzzzz.
K N I F E B O Y Z
I was NEVER like that before in any fighting game where I would chuck out projectiles like I'm a kid again throwing rocks at the fat chick in school because I was the one who would yell SPAM!!! Not "using the tools that came withe game" or "zoning" but I learned. I learned otherwise that this is ok to do. But damn... Dem knifes are REAL!!! Ex Knifes and a follow up normal knife toss is so satisfying and rewarding to see that it does not only some damage put great push back and you can get off a quick juggle from the stun too. Especially with 1,1,db1 up ball or grab to quickly end it of.

Knifes.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I was NEVER like that before in any fighting game where I would chuck out projectiles like I'm a kid again throwing rocks at the fat chick in school because I was the one who would yell SPAM!!! Not "using the tools that came withe game" or "zoning" but I learned. I learned otherwise that this is ok to do. But damn... Dem knifes are REAL!!! Ex Knifes and a follow up normal knife toss is so satisfying and rewarding to see that it does not only some damage put great push back and you can get off a quick juggle from the stun too. Especially with 1,1,db1 up ball or grab to quickly end it of.

Knifes.
BOWIE KNIIIIIIVES!!!!

Youphemism

Knifes.
BOWIE KNIIIIIIVES!!!!
K N I F E B O Y Z

ando1184

Noob
Oh you're a rushdown character? Knife to meet you.
Knife is like a box of chocolates...
Does Kano need buffs or knives?
If Kano were Batman he'd be the Dark Knife.
The game of KNIFE.
The secret KNIFE of Walter Mitty
A KNIFEmare on Elm St.
War of the Worlds.......and KNIVES
Keira KNIFELY
Austin Powers: The Spy who KNIFED Me!

Ok, I'm done now

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Hey everyone
Ive been having a character crisis and I think its finally over once I started really getting into kano I'm having some issues tho so I figured I ask you all some questions. Thanks in advance ( all questions are for cyber variation)

1. What do you all use as your main punishing combo? I try 112 but with push back after block I feel like I can't reach so I was thinking b1 string or b2 string

2. What do you all feel is his best get off me move?

3. What is everyones general game plan I try to stay just in range of b1 and b2 and of course throw my knives.

4. What his best AA?

FlappyDaniel

his best punish is 112, B1 will convert to good damage off of an AA.
Don't do just 112 though, if it hits link it into knives or kano ball for free and get more advantage.

best get off move is probably upball or regular ball(ex) or in cyber, maybe fuckin EX knives.

his best aa is B1 since you can extend and get a pretty fat chunk of damage off of it. As far as just single AA moves his Air kano ball is an amazing answer and D2 of course.

FlappyDaniel

and they'll still be standing. Commando knive gives you 7 frames advantage on hit, so Cyber knives are probably even better. Kano ball gives 33 frames on hit.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
[QUOTlast ndo1184, post: 1755907, member: 1967"]The game of KNIFE.
The secret KNIFE of Walter Mitty
A KNIFEmare on Elm St.
War of the Worlds.......and KNIVES
Keira KNIFELY
Austin Powers: The Spy who KNIFED Me!

Ok, I'm done now[/QUOTE]
That last one was kind of dark, bro.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
It is not humanly possible for a Scorpion player to punish a knife thrown anywhere on the screen in any of Kano's variations ON REACTION.

Try this in practice mode: Set Scorpion as the controlling player. Record Kano doing 2 backdashes to fullscreen, then let the recording roll and go take a piss or go grab a beer from your fridge or something, then come back and throw a knife then block for a few secs. Now let the recording roll and be ready to pull the trigger on ex tele with Scorpion. You will not punish the knife on reaction, the tele will get blocked.

Youphemism

Hey everyone
Ive been having a character crisis and I think its finally over once I started really getting into kano I'm having some issues tho so I figured I ask you all some questions. Thanks in advance ( all questions are for cyber variation)

1. What do you all use as your main punishing combo? I try 112 but with push back after block I feel like I can't reach so I was thinking b1 string or b2 string

2. What do you all feel is his best get off me move?

3. What is everyones general game plan I try to stay just in range of b1 and b2 and of course throw my knives.

4. What his best AA?
1. 112, B13 or F4 cancelled into DB1 into full combo.

2. EX Kano Ball, but it's punishable on block so you've got to use it for armouring through pressure or on a read. You can cancel EX Kano Ball with DD while holding block and/or 3 and continue the conversion to give yourself decent damage and space.

3. Throw some goddamn knives from full screen and play the best footsie game you've ever played. Don't try throwing knives from half screen because you're just asking for them to get jumped over and whiff punished.

4. B1, easily. Usually my anti-air conversion is something simple like B1, B1, B13~BF3 for ok damage and great positioning or if you think you can land it B1, B1, B1, B12~BF3.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm still figuring out the footsie part lol it def hard in MKX with the run and everything but if I read the run I can usually throw out the b1string or f4 to stop them and punish the run.
When do you think is the best time to rush down opponent or should I always be in the whiff punish range until I back them to corner