What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
My advice is for Cyber Kano mains to switch to Cutthroat.

F212 has better priority than b23.
Your footsie tools don't change too much and knives are decent for forcing mistakes.

Plus you have safe damage boost set ups and a safe 50/50.

Cutthroat Kano actually plays MK X where as Cyber belongs to a different game altogether.

mrtom

Noob
It's time to fact the facts:

Cyber Kano needs help or he will never win by himself as this game ages.

I finally see the light.
Agreed. I use cutthroat almost exclusively now. Aside from moves that can just armor through knives, you've also got dive kicks that can punish from nearly full screen without meter. I got 100% out-zoned by liu kang who also has an overhead so knives aren't all that great. I would really like cyber to have the power up cutthroat has, I think that would make him much more viable . it also wouldn't hurt if they buff the AA laser. I can't find any reason to continue using him when cutthroat has far better corner pressure, strings and can deal crazy damage when powered up.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
BTW changed the color of the prefixes in here to match Kano's variation colors. Clever eh?
Really now? Then give me "No Variation Kano". I want Greeno, dangit.

Edit: LIAR. Cutthroat is still Green! You need to make all non variation specific prefixes Green, and Cutthroat a lightish blue

Tim Static

Adminerator
Really now? Then give me "No Variation Kano". I want Greeno, dangit.

Edit: LIAR. Cutthroat is still Green! You need to make all non variation specific prefixes Green, and Cutthroat a lightish blue
What? This isn't right:

Edit: NM. I don't use him & needed a quick reference. Dammit.

so dont know if this was talked about already but b23,1+3 (black market string) says its +1 on block. thats incorrect. sub zeros slide punishes it very easily. dont understand why nrs cant get frame data right.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes it's been talked about, the frame data for B131+3 is the correct one. It's the same for B231+3 because they're the same move.

Youphemism

That doesn't justify having 2 moves duplicated twice by different inputs though?
Well you're not going to end a combo with B131+3 if the opponents being juggled at half screen, which is where B231+3 would come in. Similarly if you're going to whiff punish the opponent and they're right next to you you're not going to B232+4MB when you can just B132+4MB (although you'd actually just B13~DB1 but you get my point).

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
why is it every time i go to check out the other kano forums its always negative? first it was commando, then it was cuttthroat, now its cyber fucking christ.

Youphemism

why is it every time i go to check out the other kano forums its always negative? first it was commando, then it was cuttthroat, now its cyber fucking christ.
I don't know what you're talking about, there's nothing but love for our character in these forums

you bitch :DOGE

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
for combo on front page
112 xx DB1, B232+4EX, Dash, NJP, slight walk, B1, B1, B1, B13 1+3 (35%) (SaltShaker)

u can take off one B1 and still get 35%
might've been said already and op not updated, i haven't read through thread fully yet