What's new

Kano's 70% 50/50 1bar

Flagg

Noob
Okay, this set up is really good against Kitana. Now bare in mind you have to be pretty much executing the B2 as soon as you recover or you will get blown up, but it pretty much beats everything she has, i've even overhead her fan lift. His sweep and F3 is quite effective as well.

This is also surprisingly good against Mileena. I know it beats neck bite, telekick and im not sure if it beats roll because sometimes I could hit the roll and sometime the roll hits me. But I find you can ONLY B2. If you sweep or F3, you'll get blown up.

Scorpion completely blows this set up. Nothing you do works on him.

It surprises me, but CSZ can Ex teleport and parry on wake up beating this. No need for slide.

Not really effective on Jade. She has glow and ex kick beats this set up. Though it beats some of her other ex moves on wake up.

I find this set up works better if you cross them up. If you hit this jumping into them raw, im certain you're further away which leads to blow ups. Plus dont try these in corners. Best for midscreen shenanigans.

Going to try this on some more characters.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

First this is a true 50/50 high or low

Best strings to use for this setup is B2, 3....F3, B2 you are left at -4 after both strings

I have given you guys the base what you put on top of it is up to you i aint spoon feeding you shit...
Forget everything, your voice is awesome omg Looozozolller

man really you cant condition foxy to do what you want to.. worst of all im going to be playing with kano lets just say if i get touched im gonna loose
Just train hard man, and maybe Upball span this dude did upball close to me right.. and with subs 9 frame 2 I tried to hit him when I blocked it but I got hit -_- So upball beats true highs, only d1 will hit you from my experience. Make him fear Upball!

OmyMk

Noob
Okay, this set up is really good against Kitana. Now bare in mind you have to be pretty much executing the B2 as soon as you recover or you will get blown up, but it pretty much beats everything she has, i've even overhead her fan lift. His sweep and F3 is quite effective as well.

This is also surprisingly good against Mileena. I know it beats neck bite, telekick and im not sure if it beats roll because sometimes I could hit the roll and sometime the roll hits me. But I find you can ONLY B2. If you sweep or F3, you'll get blown up.

Scorpion completely blows this set up. Nothing you do works on him.

It surprises me, but CSZ can Ex teleport and parry on wake up beating this. No need for slide.

Not really effective on Jade. She has glow and ex kick beats this set up. Though it beats some of her other ex moves on wake up.

I find this set up works better if you cross them up. If you hit this jumping into them raw, im certain you're further away which leads to blow ups. Plus dont try these in corners. Best for midscreen shenanigans.

Going to try this on some more characters.
Please stop it. Training mode AIwakeups are fked up. That will never work against human.

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Please stop it. Training mode AIwakeups are fked up. That will never work against human.
training mode dummies wake up as soon as they can..........humans have room for error mistakes can occur

by the way have you even tried it to see if it works or are you just disreguarding it because you believe whatever it is you believe?

OmyMk

Noob
training mode dummies wake up as soon as they can..........humans have room for error mistakes can occur

by the way have you even tried it to see if it works or are you just disreguarding it because you believe whatever it is you believe?
Ow boy u really have no ideea what u'r talking about, is it? Dummies suk. Get a lab rat and try stuffing those wakeups. BTW Sektor's EX TU wakeup wich u stuff so bravely in u'r video is invincible. If someone from Sektor community would see that, they would lol. >.> NKZero

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
lol this has gone way off topic....

has anyone else found out any more info or even tested this on different characters??

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Ow boy u really have no ideea what u'r talking about, is it? Dummies suk. Get a lab rat and try stuffing those wakeups. BTW Sektor's EX TU wich u stuff so bravely in u'r video is invincible. If someone from Sektor community would see that, they would lol. >.> NKZero
hahaha i didnt realise you were trolling sry my mistake....INVINCIBLE

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Oki & back jump kick setups List (Remember though im playing in training!):
Scorpion: Dont do it, his safe takedown alone is a good enough reason. The only wakeup you might catch is his telport but thats inconsistent. But the back jump kick works really good against him (dont know about the spear though).

Liu Kang: His wakeup options are too strong to stuff out at all, dont it.

Kung Lao: Hell just blow you up.

Sub Zero: The back jump kick is really good because if he slides, the kick and throw will stuff his attack. As for EX freeze i dunno if its safe since the AI wont do it.

Sindel: The only thing that works with the oki is a sweep but the timing is wierd as hell and if she levitates im sure she will blow you up. As for back jump kick, you can do just to be safe since all she can do to hit you is a fireball which you can block. Also if you jump back and she levitates, throw and EX knife.

Ermac: Dont be stupid, you have to bait.

Reptile: His slide has armor and his dash is too fast so the oki is a no go. The back jump kick is great though.

Kitana: Shes actually a mixed bag because kano can shit on her wakeups but it depends on which one she does and what moves you do. Ill give more detail later.

Johnny Cage: A sweep goes (literally just goes through) his kick,somersault, and nutpunch (and EX if timed right). You CAN stuff a regular nut punch with b2 but EX blows that up and so does everything else.

Jade: with meter shell blow you up, but without i dunno because training mode sucks.

Mileena: Its a huge gamble to try for the oki. Back jump can get shitted by here telekicks.

Nightwolf: If you sweep from the right distance, you can stuff his attacks except the EX shoulder (dunno about regular though). Kanos f3 can hit the EX tomahawk (dunno about regular -_-) but the shoulder alone will shit it. B2 is pointless. The back jump is good though because it stuffes his shoulder.

PArt 2 in a second

no. guy + japanese = guyanese.
I don't know man but here's a fact.... In a documentary I saw in school it said that black people were the first samurai and they said if you didn't have black in you that you could not truly be a samurai. So I guess Asians and blacks are related, well were all human tho so..yea.

Flagg

Noob
Fucking hell, who let the weeaboo's into this thread.

Moist, we'll test these out for sure as I see there are some nay sayers in here that think training dummy wake up is worthless.

Okay, I just ran through half the cast, this is what I got:

Kitana: Already explained, she gets blown up badly.

Mileena: This works pretty well, but only B2 is effective here.

Scorpion: Dont try this on him. Every wake up beats B2, F3, sweeps.. Scorpion also stuffs up ball shenanigans.

Jade: Probably not worth using on her as purple glow and armour kick beats most of this.

CSZ: Ex parry, parry, beats overhead. EX port beats the medium and low attacks.

Lui Kang: Okay this was pretty interesting. B2 isn't very good here as LK has a lot of options on wake up that beat overhead (though ex bicycle kicks go through Kano), but the sweep totally dominates him here. If he low fireballs, sweep will beat him. If he parries, sweep will beat him. If he super kicks, he'll fly over you but better, if bicycle kick, he will go over you and you can punish him.

Kung Lao: Not surprising, cant do much here. You can overhead a wake up teleport, but who the fuck wake up teleports with KL?

SZ: Armour slide beats everything

Sindel: B2 beats all over her options. Beats Cartwheel, both versions, beats scream and ex scream and even beats low fireball. His F3 is quite good as well unless she low fireballs and then she blows him up. I cant remember but I think sweep beats everything she has as well (but it may beat sweep, cant remember as I wrote down brief notes).

Ermac: Another interesting one. I find B2 only works on Ermac if you cross/air grab him. Nothing low works. Dont try a regular jk into grab, as you cant follow up with B2. A bit like Mileenas roll, there is quite a small window and its pretty much straight after you recover from the air grab. You can up ball which will take you over any of his TK lifts. Infact, Ermac only has teleport which will beat the Up Ball if he so chooses to wake up with that option.

Reptile: B2 beats everything Reptile has except for elbow (surprise surprise) and lows are pretty useless here. However, thanks to Pig recent data, if you block an Ex Elbow, after the first hit, you can d3 him and stop the whole move. Of course you can also punish a blocked regular elbow. If you can condition a reptile not to elbow on wake up, your B2 is strong here so it turns into guessing game for both of you.

Nightwolf: Ex shoulder beats everything you can do here. Sweep of course would beat regular shoulder on wake up. NW ex choke is really good and beats nearly all of Kanos options. Im pretty sure the B2, F3 and sweep beats NW axe wake up attacks though.

Cyrax: This guy has too many options to get out of this. B2 beats some stuff, but his ex teleport and that move where he hits low and throws you in the air is good here, as his air jump thing.

Noob Saibot: Didn't think I had anything here until I tried a different approach. After the jk/grab, you can do one of two things. Up ball or Ex Up ball. Up ball goes over his low shadow and running shadow and you have enough time to recover and full punish. However, up shadow and teleport beats up ball. BUT....if you ex ball, this beats teleport and propels you over up shadow. Im not sure who has more advantage after, but ex up ball is a "safe" option, where up ball is risky, but can lead into full combo sets ups. You could throw a knife if you anticipate up shadow to set up the mind games.

Jax: If you sweep a dash punch will go straight through you. Infact you can stuff a lot of his stuff except for Jax ex overhead. So what do you do? You Up Ball. Up Ball avoids ex dash punch. It also goes OVER Jax Ex Overhead leading to full combo punish. Up Ball is also safe against regular grab and a AA grab by Jax on wake up. Ball is VERY POWERFUL against Jax here.

Shang: Kanos options after jk/grabbing Shang are really strong here. Of course Shang has Soul Steal which beats Kanos sweep, F3 and B2. However, good ol' Up Ball again. You will either land behind Shang or sometimes you get pulled in front (weird). Full combo punish. You can even delay the up ball if you suspect the Shang wont wake up straight away and your up ball will negate any and all of Shangs wake up options.

Cage: Didnt test his B2 or F3 here (think Magic Man already did), but if you suspect a Cage will use a wake up as he gets up and you up ball, you will go over and behind regular nut punch and ex nut punch leading to a full punish. If he red kicks, you fly over and he goes to the other side of the screen. Only somersault stuffs Up Ball shenanigans.

Haven't done anyone else, but its got me thinking if up ball goes over any other wake up attacks. Because the thing recovers so quick, could set up some nice situations. Maybe up ball is a good option on SZ or Scorp? This probably needs a bit more exploring...

MagicMan357

Oki & back jump kick setups List part 2 (Remember though im playing in training!):
Stryker: Too risky with meter (dont know about regular). WHat you can do is jump over him and knife him

Kano: He has great wakeups so there is no point
Jax: sweeping is your best bet, except when he EX Overheads your ass. But the jumpback kick will take out the Armor punch
Sonya: You can destroy her, the only issue is the damn Cartwheel armor (and the MK factor of randomness)! If you do a backjump, if she does the arc kick, she will be right in front of you for a good ol throw attempt
Sektor: b2 and sweep his ass to kingdom come just make sure to get the distance down. With a sweep just dash in as fast as you can then sweep and with a b2 just mash it till it comes out (this timing is kinda wierd though).
Smoke: All he has to do is telepunch -_- so baiting make sense. The back jumpkick can stuff his telepunch so thats probably the more reasonable approach.

Noob: Kanos b2 can actually shit on all off noobs wakeup (especially the telegrab) but its too inconsistent. A forward jump kick can actually shit his telegrab but will get shitted by the upknee.

Cyrax: With meter he will blow you up. I cant get him to do shit without meter (FUCKING TRAINING). The back jump kick is great on him except if he does an EX blade toss.

Flagg

Noob
Oki & back jump kick setups List part 2 (Remember though im playing in training!):
Stryker: Too risky with meter (dont know about regular). WHat you can do is jump over him and knife him

Kano: He has great wakeups so there is no point
Jax: sweeping is your best bet, except when he EX Overheads your ass. But the jumpback kick will take out the Armor punch
Sonya: You can destroy her, the only issue is the damn Cartwheel armor (and the MK factor of randomness)! If you do a backjump, if she does the arc kick, she will be right in front of you for a good ol throw attempt
Sektor: b2 and sweep his ass to kingdom come just make sure to get the distance down. With a sweep just dash in as fast as you can then sweep and with a b2 just mash it till it comes out (this timing is kinda wierd though).
Smoke: All he has to do is telepunch -_- so baiting make sense. The back jumpkick can stuff his telepunch so thats probably the more reasonable approach.

Noob: Kanos b2 can actually shit on all off noobs wakeup (especially the telegrab) but its too inconsistent. A forward jump kick can actually shit his telegrab but will get shitted by the upknee.

Cyrax: With meter he will blow you up. I cant get him to do shit without meter (FUCKING TRAINING). The back jump kick is great on him except if he does an EX blade toss.
Dude, when dealing with Noob Saibot, check out what I said about up ball. Ex Up Ball is completely safe here. Noob has 4 wake up options, down shadow, run shadow, up shadow, teleport. If you up ball and he does the first two, you recover in time to full combo. If he does the last two, you get blown up. However, ex up ball beats everything except for up shadow where you safely get thrown over. It means spending a bar, but like I said, a good way of closing the match?

MagicMan357

Shang Tsung: All i know is that the EX soul steal will stuff you out. But if he has no meter just oki his ass silly.

Baraka: Blade charge alone will stuff you. A jumpback kick will stuff his charge though

Kabal: ground blade might trade is the main issue. Other than that you can just dash in and sweep. Dont jump.

RAiden: Teleport and superman.

Quan: if he has no meter then oki him to death. Its the EX telestomp that will kill you Dunno about the skull throw).

Sheeva: just sweep, the only thing you can do against it is telestomp but if you sweep and shes does just jumpback kick