What's new

Kano's 70% 50/50 1bar

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
I Hereby dub thee the Double edge Vortex

First this is a true 50/50 high or low, after an air throw you are left in the perfect position to 50/50 high =B2 low=F3. If you acctually want to go into technical details its more of a 1 in 6 chances that you can land extra damage after a air throw
1)B2
2)F3
3)Sweep
4)Bait wakeup = punish
5) crossover
6)throw

Best strings to use for this setup is B2, 3....F3, B2 you are left at -4 after both strings, you can dial in a choke to be at less disadvantage -1
Okay, up ball is another good option with OKI.

When timing these options input desired move when kano is turning around it should work

KITANA:
B2 works on any of her kick wakeups, takes her out of the sky if she tries to ass away, en fan lift has fast as hell startup so its not gonna work against that might take out regular fanlift.
Sweep works against fan lift any type timing is tight with the en version and F3 is quite effective as well.

MILEENA:
B2 beats neck bite, telekick and en roll, If you sweep or F3, you'll get blown up.
normal roll will beat everything

SCORPION:
completely blows this set up. Nothing you do works on him.

CSZ :
B2 doesn’t work against anything
F3 works against parry so does sweep

JADE:
is weird I have times where I knock her out of ex glow and times where I don’t.
B2 breaks staff grab, overhead staff, hits green kick but you still get knocked away cause it has armour, all in all b2 takes out all that she can do to start a combo from.
Sweep works against staff grab, gets blown up against overhead staff and green kick

KUNG LAO:
Not surprising, cant do much here. You can overhead a wake up teleport, but who the fuck wake up teleports with KL?

SUB ZERO:
Armour slide beats everything and so does the clone.
You could then bait stuff by dashing forward after the throw and block low the clone wont come out because of the proximity and slide will get punished on block, all that is left is your reaction time to sub waking up normally and attempting to do a normal string

SINDEL:
B2 beats all over her options. Beats Cartwheel, both versions, beats scream and ex scream and even beats low fireball.
F3 is quite good as well unless she low fireballs and then she blows him up.
Sweep beats low fireball and scream

ERMAC:
B2 only works on teleport and levitate
Up ball which will take you over any of his TK lifts and leads to you full combo punish. Only his teleport on wake up beats Up Ball.
Low attacks don’t work

REPTILE:
B2 beats green hand, invis…everything else blows this up
However refer to Pig Of The Hut recent data on stopping en dash, if you block an Ex Elbow, after the first hit, you can d3 him and stop the whole move. Of course you can also punish a blocked regular elbow. If you can condition a reptile not to elbow on wake up, your B2 is strong here so it turns into guessing game for both of you.

JOHNNY CAGE:
A sweep goes (literally just goes through) his kick,somersault, and nutpunch (and EX if timed right). You CAN stuff a regular nut punch with b2 but EX blows that up and so does everything else.
Up ball, you will go over and behind regular nut punch and ex nut punch leading to a full punish. If he red kicks, you fly over and he goes to the other side of the screen. Only flipkick stuffs Up Ball shenanigans.

NIGHTWOLF:
f3 and B2 can hit the EX tomahawk (dunno about regular -_-), reflect
Sweep from the right distance, you can stuff his attacks except the EX but the shoulder alone will shit it. Shoulder is -3 on block en is -1, you roughly have 10 frames to punish after a regular shoulder if blocked (remember it can be ducked without blocking)

LUI KANG:
B2 isn't very good here as LK has a lot of options on wake up that beat overhead (though ex bicycle kicks go through Kano)
Sweep totally dominates him here. If he low fireballs, sweep will beat him. If he parries, sweep will beat him. If he super kicks, he'll fly over you but better, if bicycle kick, he will go over you and you can punish him.

CYRAX:
This guy has too many options to get out of this. B2 beats some stuff, but his ex teleport and that move where he hits low and throws you in the air is good here, as his air jump thing.
With meter he will blow you up.

NOOB:
Up ball or Ex Up ball. Up ball goes over his low shadow, up shadow and running shadow and you have enough time to recover and full punish. However, teleport beats up ball. BUT....if you ex ball, this beats teleport, Im not sure who has more advantage after
B2 can actually stuff, low shadow, up shadow and telegrab but its too inconsistent

JAX:
If you sweep a dash punch will go straight through you. Infact you can stuff a lot of his stuff except for Jax ex overhead. So what do you do? You Up Ball. Up Ball avoids ex dash punch. It also goes OVER Jax Ex Overhead leading to full combo punish. Up Ball is also safe against regular grab and a AA grab by Jax on wake up. Ball is VERY POWERFUL against Jax here.

SHANG:
Kanos options after jk/grabbing Shang are really strong here. Of course Shang has Soul Steal which beats Kanos sweep, F3 and B2. However, good ol' Up Ball again. You will either land behind Shang or sometimes you get pulled in front (weird). Full combo punish. You can even delay the up ball if you suspect the Shang wont wake up straight away and your up ball will negate any and all of Shangs wake up options. Without METER B2, F3 WILL HURT

STRYKER:
Too risky with meter
Strangely enough this one comes down to mk I have found myself breaking the baton sweep although it has armour but it has to be done as soon as kano can move after the airthrow.

KANO:
Sweep his life away, sweep works on everything, stuffs the choke (the ex straight ball went over the sweep, I only got the computer to do the ball once)

Sonya:
B2 works the only issue is the damn Cartwheel armor (and the MK factor of randomness)! If you do a backjump, if she does the arc kick, she will be right in front of you for a good ol throw attempt
But the cartwheel can be njp

SEKTOR:
b2 and sweep his ass to kingdom come
F3 aswell

SMOKE:
All he has is telepunch -_- so baiting make sense.

BARAKA:
Blade charge alone will stuff you. A jumpback kick will stuff his charge though

KABAL:
ground blade might trade is the main issue. Other than that you can just dash in and sweep. Dont jump.
Another credit to mk randomness the en dash goes over kano and kabal gets swept same as normal dash

RAIDEN:
Teleport and superman.

QUAN:
if he has no meter then oki him to death. Its the EX telestomp that will kill you Dunno about the skull throw).

SHEEVA:
just sweep and punish accordingly, the only thing you can do against it is telestomp but if you sweep and shes does just jumpback then attempt to punish

Plus dont try these in corners. Best for midscreen shenanigans.

I have given you guys the base what you put on top of it is up to you i aint spoon feeding you shit...

Contibuters
@Flagg
@MagicMan357

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
EVERYTHING you said i already know. The number 1 thing most people keep forgetting is about wakeup invincibility which we saw in the vid. That whole setup after throw is pointless now because of the wake up game that was patched in. BAsically ive found that all you have to do after lets say a choke, is to jump backwards and air kick. Then depending on the wake up either air ball or grab. If whiffed you are most likey safe anyways (only against some characters).
Plus that OTG setups really only work for delayed wake ups. Ive actually realized what kinda of player he is now and it isnt rushdown or zoner.

fucking with wake up is a retarded gamble it seems

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
so your saying you knew the above setup breaks some wakeups?....and it only otg's if the guy is holding down to delay wakeup....aight lets say you do a choke on block leaves you at -1 then against someone like sektor that makes his 1 5 frames.. it takes 3 frame to get off the floor in this game so your saying that the best thing you would do after a blocked move that leaves you negative is jump hmmmmm some how that just doesnt seem like the right choice to me

MagicMan357

so your saying you knew the above setup breaks some wakeups?....and it only otg's if the guy is holding down to delay wakeup....aight lets say you do a choke on block leaves you at -1 then against someone like sektor that makes his 1 5 frames.. it takes 3 frame to get off the floor in this game so your saying that the best thing you would do after a blocked move that leaves you negative is jump hmmmmm some how that just doesnt seem like the right choice to me
No im not saying after block, im saying in a combo and yes i knew this whole oki since day one

The issue is that fucking with wakeups in the game is a HUGE gamble because everyone has some kinda wakeup that will blow you up (Cyber subs tele for EX) but they may depend on meter. I have to do further research.

When you do a string no one has really noticed how much space you get with pushback especially after a choke. The reason why is because after all these dumbass updates, kano is literally a spacing/keep away character. This is why his footsies are so godlike.

im not discrediting you at all, but im just addressing it

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
I have to do further research.
this is why i posted this so that people that didnt know about this could have this little bit of information and then build on it and find out what is usefull to them depending on the charater they are against... nothing is universal, but then again if you remember what works for which character under what circumstance then you acctually have a chance of bringing out a portion of what your character can acctually do

MagicMan357

this is why i posted this so that people that didnt know about this could have this little bit of information and then build on it and find out what is usefull to them depending on the charater they are against... nothing is universal, but then again if you remember what works for which character under what circumstance then you acctually have a chance of bringing out a portion of what your character can acctually do
Thats very true, i think kano just needs more support and threads. Im gonna just try to update as much as possible and see what he can blow up and cant.

I'll also do some tests tonight on wake-ups and make a list. Hopefully we can build a good strategy against every character.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
This has to be the most angry informative video I've seen. And we've all seen the brady rants.
"I'm not holdin ya hand and feedin ya shit, get in the damn lab you bitches!"

I like you already

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
hey its a vid about a guy who fucking rips peoples hearts out with his fucking hand i cant be all "hi guys how are you doing today yaaaaay"

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
thats the thing if you know the character your against and his options on wakeup then you have a much better chance of guessing right and keeping pressure

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
his enOS eats the sweep
save me for my ignornace, what is jaxs enOS? i dont see how its an option select
i saw foxy post a thread about dashing past the en overhead but in the video it seemed to just be a raw en overhead that he dashed past?