What's new

Kano's 70% 50/50 1bar

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I still dont understand why everybody is saying this is bad... it puts the guessing game on the opponent, they have 1 of 4 options, meaning the Kano player has a 1/4 chance of getting more damage after the air throw.

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
These are numerous posts to come to the realization that this is not a viable setup but merely a parlor trick. Take BEENEEWEENEES advice and maybe do this once.
Really and truly I couldnt give two shits about people who look at it and dont see the possibilites or arent smart enough to look beyond the basic setup and think up advanced tactics around it, Im not REO or POTH i aint gonna go into enormous amounts of detail about some shit and spoon feed you fuckers,

if kano players aint got the mentality to look deeper and find some shit-covered gold then they aint never gonna amount to shit.
when i first played this guy it took me 5 mins to think of this and it works, dare i say a good player can make this work just use ur fucking brain for once and try and outsmart your opponent.

Kano doesnt have all the tools, normals are slow, no frame advantage, specials are punishable.....you know what i say to this i will fucking make my own frame advantage so that my fucking slow ass normals will acctually hit, specials if i aint sure they gonna hit fuck them then ill fucking use spacing and normals

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Is EX TU is invincible I'm Janet Jackson's nipple.
i think your ment to say IF not is

God damn compiling this data/ testing it is taking forever i have a few more characters to go thru untill i can update my first post keep piling on information

MaceWind

Crazy 88
if kano players aint got the mentality to look deeper and find some shit-covered gold then they aint never gonna amount to shit.
when i first played this guy it took me 5 mins to think of this and it works, dare i say a good player can make this work just use ur fucking brain for once and try and outsmart your opponent.
Since we are being frank, allow me to be frank. This is old, it will get you punished heavily by wakeups. You said you found this after 5 minutes, what you didn't say is how many times you got blown up for it. Well, I'm here to tell you, you will get your shit stomped trying this more than once. Trust me.

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Since we are being frank, allow me to be frank. This is old, it will get you punished heavily by wakeups. You said you found this after 5 minutes, what you didn't say is how many times you got blown up for it. Well, I'm here to tell you, you will get your shit stomped trying this more than once. Trust me.
unless your playing against someone who can read minds then the opponent shouldnt be able to know what you are gonna do after a knock down thus ensues the guessing game for them and you.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You know that wake up attacks can be baited and punished as well? Or are you looking for a 70% 50/50 that is compeltely braindead?

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Baiting wake ups is actually the more prudent approach to all this.
thats the safe option Kano doesnt do safe

he fucking throws knives at people aint nothing safe about him he aint no cuddly lil bear you hold onto when your scared he is a knife weilding phsycopath......kano is the type of guy to shave with a chainsaw i hope that cleared up shit for ya

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
While I think it's great that you guys are advocating Kano, I can't help but feel that you're a bit unfamiliar with him, and haven't played him through his various patch adjustments. Kano was unnecessarily castrated. Not only that, but he excels at nothing, absolutely nothing. I'm not trying to shit all over this character, because NRS already did it, multiple times. But you can have a look at his frame data http://testyourmight.com/threads/kano-frame-data.15637/

B112 is neutral (thank god), 212, F11/F12 are neutral, F3 is -15 on block on a 18 frame move (there goes the mixups), B2 is a whopping 23 frames and -16 on block, Choke is -1 on block, EX knife is -3 on block (such fantastic meter options he's got!). Please someone tell me what this character has, his rushdown sucks and as does his zoning thanks to NRS' forced castration. When Kano had his old knives at least he was a zoner. Up ball is -13 on block, -10 on max range. Kano was the first character I picked up, of course I'd like to say that Kano has some sliver of hope, but my god...NRS RUINED HIM. Let's not forget his relatively shitty damage on his bnbs as well.

I mean, really, what is the plan here? Are you guys going to continually attempt to "pressure" your opponent with a shitty 50/50 of which the B2 can be easily reacted to due to it's drastic speed difference and both options are horribly punishable while attempting to build your meter for the surprise x-ray which isn't a surprise anymore in the least and can be hopped out of easily? If so, play Scorpion.

Effectively wasting your meter, which sucks to begin with, unless you can consistently get the EX horizontal ball down and get it to come out in the starting frame of which you can get the armor outside of getting the charge which has NO USE and NRS were too lazy to remove? If someone finds something ground breaking for this character, then great, please do! But as it stands...ugh....it just makes me want to march down to NRS' office and hold a Kano protest rally and ask for his testicles back. Kano is a shitty version of Guile, what else does he have? Again, I want to play this character, but UGH.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
IniquityDM you speak like a tru prophet that has lost all hope.

dont spread your hopelessness here
Again, if you guys find something, I'll be the first to congratulate you and pick him back up...but it just pisses me off what NRS did to him. People piss and moan about SZ and KL, you know what? They're still good and excel at shit. Kano...nothing. I like this character, I'd like to him to be good at something, anything. If he excelled at picking his nose I'd be happy and give him another whirl but fuck.

And I'm really not trying to be a jerk about the oki setup, but we've all been doing this for a very, very long time. It has some success, yes, but it's so risky. Even if the B2 lands it's such miniscule damage.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Again, if you guys find something, I'll be the first to congratulate you and pick him back up...but it just pisses me off what NRS did to him. People piss and moan about SZ and KL, you know what? They're still good and excel at shit. Kano...nothing.
It was mainly non Sub-Zero players who said Sub-Zero was absolute bottom tier.

Flagg

Noob
Might need to edit the Noob Saibot options, Keep it moist.

I found Up Ball goes over low and running shadow (for full combo punish), but up shadow beats up ball. However EX Ball wont get hit by Up Shadow.

EDIT: Can anyone test these strats against Kenshi as I dont have him. I suspect Kenshi can blow up a lot of B2, F3 and sweep but Up Ball might have a few uses.

Keep it moist

Nerf Demander
Might need to edit the Noob Saibot options, Keep it moist.

I found Up Ball goes over low and running shadow (for full combo punish), but up shadow beats up ball. However EX Ball wont get hit by Up Shadow.

EDIT: Can anyone test these strats against Kenshi as I dont have him. I suspect Kenshi can blow up a lot of B2, F3 and sweep but Up Ball might have a few uses.
i got the upball to go over the up shadow so it works how i normally time stuff is when kano is turning around do the imput

Flagg

Noob
Ahh okay. I thought I got one up ball and then he kept stuffing the others, so my timing must have been off making me think I imagined it!

Someone needs to test these on Kenshi. Really curious what Kano can and cant do.

Finishing up my research today, (including Kenshi), I will post it soon. This lab work I'm doing is good learning for me on going against everyone's wakeups, not only with Kano, but I'm testing it for every one of my characters.

What I'm testing against is EX wake-ups, not regular wake-ups, because you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the reaction time after air throw and change your move mid-reaction. Also if something beats a move EX wake-up, it'll definitely beat the same move regular wake-up. And I say always be prepared because if they have meter, they probably will use it.

So far what I'm finding is this 50/50 doesn't work too well against most EX wakeups. What I'm trying to get is a basic idea of what you should do always in general once you knock them down for each character. I'm testing it with an air throw and what to do also after doing a move with less Kano hit advantage.

For example, against Cyrax, his wake-up system is one of the best in the game. He has overhead, low, anti-air, and an EX teleport against jumping in. So pretty much, this Kano 50/50 will be useless and get you blown up if they do any wake up. Even if they don't do a wake-up, then maybe I can see this possibly working. But how do you know what they're going to do? The best for him is to stay out farther than mid screen once you knock him down so you avoid his 50/50 ground wakeup, and also be in the air so you can judge what do. So pretty much, Kano against Cyrax, after an air throw, jump back fast, or jump back fast and air ball, and it will whiff or stuff Cyrax's EX wake-ups at least 80% of the time.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I really cant believe that some of you just dont get it. I will speak for myself (though it probably applies to most kano mainers).

I ALREADY FUCKING KNEW THE INFO SINCE DAY FUCKING ONE. When the game first came out, this was kanos main game plan because his tools allowed to fuck up peoples wakeups like it was nothing. As the game "progressed", they started shitting on him and never gave him the proper tools to come back to his former self. The whole point of this was to test who can most likely still get blown up (which some people can) and ATLEAST look for something else that he has (i guess the backjump kick).

So for all you people talking shit about the thread, do you want to share your findings? thought so

Yes, I've also known about this Kano 50/50 a week after I started using him as my secondary, last summer. I've also known since then that it doesn't work too well. But I'm also trying to help and find out if Kano do something that works after he knocks down a character. (though I know your post wasn't directed at me) ;)

Flagg

Noob
Oh well everyone knows every single piece of tech that has been unveiled on TYM and all the tech yet to be discovered, and it was all discovered within 24 hours of picking up this game!

Every single thread where someone finds new tech or a combo or some strat there is always some dickhead saying "i always knew about this", and while that may be true in some cases, funny how they've known for months yet it's never been seen anywhere, used or posted.