Kano Revealed at Brazilian MK11 Event Konvocacao

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Jan 31, 2019.

By HellblazerHawkman on Jan 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

While we won't have the Kombat Kast to drop some Kabal on us for another week, that doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on and reveals coming out. Today we had a Brazilian MK11 reveal event that came out of nowhere (for us North American folks) that dropped some news on us after a few delays.

[​IMG]

Using this cover image because I'm writing this before the reveals actually happen. With that out of the way, let's talk news! Bear in mind, I don't speak Portuguese so I'm reliant on what was shown on video. And that was Kano, officially being revealed. Kano is also getting what looks to be be a region exclusive outfit? He gets a neat hat. We'll update with a character trailer when it comes out and image when it comes out, but that appears to be it. The game build and event was basically a repeat of the LA/London event, so you aren't missing too much from the stream. So yeah. KANO! Talk about that.

Updated with Brazil skin and default:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Espio, ChatterBox, Demon_0 and 18 others like this.
Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Jan 31, 2019.

1. galaxyjack
      galaxyjack
      He is not wasted slot if Nightwolf, Noob Saibot, Goro, Smoke, Mileena, Ermac, Reptile, Cyrax/Sektor are in the game.
    2. Lord Greyjoy
      Lord Greyjoy
      Not feeling the lack of body hair in the primary skin (though I'd also be glad to say I'm not feeling it if it did exist). It's not just because generally Kano's supposed to be a gruff and burly boy, but also that his body looks like plastic now. Maybe it's just the render.
      Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
      undergroundvgt likes this.
    3. undergroundvgt
      undergroundvgt
      [​IMG] well it looks like im not the only person on the fence about kanos new look. hopefully his trailer would win me over. as of now ill continue to play cybernetic kano on mkx and my character created kano on soul calibur.
      aldazo likes this.
    4. SpiceWeasel
      SpiceWeasel
      Best
      News
      Ever

my boy, my mate, my main!

[​IMG]
    5. KiD INsAnitY
      KiD INsAnitY
      Ehh. He coulda skipped a game or 5 but Fine, Yay, Kool..
      Nephrite likes this.
    6. projectzero00
      projectzero00
      Daddy af. Still hate the character, don't know why he's back. Glad for Kano fans tho (if there are any).
    7. Raider
      Raider
      So far it's shaping up to be meh roster. With Sonya/Johnny/Cassie and now Kano all being back.
      Nephrite and Aramonde like this.
    8. SenSx
      SenSx
      So that basically means all characters on the main menu are playable ? (as though some were doubting it...)

Cassie, Kitana, Rain and Noob Saibot confirmed ?
    9. Vslayer
      Vslayer
      I really don't get it. Some people are begging for reveals and practically had a hissy fit when Kombat Kast was canceled. We still get a reveal, but that's not good enough because it's 'just' Kano. You know, every single character in the roster will get revealed in due time and there is nothing we can do to make it go faster. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy them as they come.
    10. Agilaz
      Agilaz
      Very happy Kano is back in. He was always one of my favourite characters, can't wait to see his Krushing blows. If he doesn't have one off of Kano ball I'll be kinda sad.
      karaokelove, Vslayer and MagicMan357 like this.
    11. MagicMan357
      MagicMan357
      Imagine his EX kano Ball after he hits you first, he grabs you arms like johny cage in MK4 and bust open your ribs with his boots!
    12. Lokheit
      Lokheit
      People focusing on Kano/Sonya interactions being overdone, aren't taking into account that the most we've really got from confirmed Kabal and Kano's interactions is their bit during MK9 and there's a lot to explore there.

Maybe Kano finds a way to strip Kabal from the Revenant thing and makes him his ally again convincing him that he was treated unjustly by the so called heroes while he was always there for him (including helping him after getting burned by Kintaro). Kano isn't a character that I care too much for, but he's there for way more than pissing off Sonya.

Kano and Kabal and Kano and Cassie are some interactions that could be interesting.
    13. fr stack
      fr stack
      Petition for everyone in mk11 to have mandatory pirate hats pls
    14. Rezk
      Rezk
      Imagine if you create a masterpiece in 1992 and in 2019 you have a new engine, new mechanic. Wouldn’t you love to see these timelines merging? The perfect opportunity to reimagine your magnum opus. C’mon... wanting Tanya and Havik to make the cut is okay! But badmouth the reveal of an original MK character... Do you really like MK franchise?
    15. John Grizzly
      John Grizzly
      Entitled man babies
      ShepherdOfFire, Swindle and Vslayer like this.
    16. Vslayer
      Vslayer
      And here I thought children weren't allowed to play this game.
    17. ImperatrixSindel
      ImperatrixSindel
      I agree Kano should have some chest hair, for the record, but it seems clear to me this design is based on the late Trevor Goddard in the movie, who didn't.

Edit: I WAS WRONG. CHEST HAIR FOR KANO!!!
      Consagrado and karaokelove like this.
    18. xenogorgeous
      xenogorgeous
      yep, wanna see if in this game, Kabal gonna give Kano a run for the money .... they seem to have some grudge and bad blood among their past to be solve out
      Rezk likes this.
    19. KAI SOU
      KAI SOU
      Sweet Austin Aries as Kano!
      Hoping for Salina Vega as Jade and Cody Rhodes as Johnny! Ronda Rousey FTW!
      Vslayer likes this.
    20. STB Sgt Reed
      STB Sgt Reed
      Pirate Kano!? bahahaha

NRS go home man, you drunk.
      EarlyReflections, aldazo and fr stack like this.
    21. TheJaquio
      TheJaquio
      What if...chest hair is one of Kano's customizable gear options!?
    22. Blackaspitch
      Blackaspitch
      Why would kanos son also be missing an eye?
      Cobainevermind87 likes this.
    23. DOOMSDAY-15RUS-
      DOOMSDAY-15RUS-
      My main is back, Im so fking happy. All I wish to see in the game later, reptile, rain, noob, human smoke even if I stick only with Kano. Gonna record a lot of tech videos and high level sessions since day one, subscribe to my channel if you want to see some Kano shi.
      Rezk likes this.
    24. Marinjuana
      Marinjuana
      I've always liked Kano(arguably the best part of the movie) but for the haters I'll just say that if you are gonna have 6 of the original 7(assuming Johnny is in) then you better just have all 7. Especially if you are going to have Sonya.

Assuming again that Johnny is in which I think he's a lock, that means that the past 3 MKs will all have the original seven.
    25. Jhonnykiller45
      Jhonnykiller45
      Goddard did have chest hair in the movie though. Not a whole lot but he did.