What's new

Question - Kano KANO needs some buffs?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I want you to know something. This is a game where people can teleport. This is a game where I can Break your face, break your neck, then break your ribs, and you're Hunky Dory. What is so extreme about a choke move, that is -14 on block, and -5 on hit, being made safe?

No, go away. I'm not going to go in a thread where someone's complaining about a downside of a good character to shitpost. What you're doing is bringing the post quality down. What would've happened in this thread without people like you is simple. there's be a little discussion, people would agree and disagree, then we'd go back to the variation and discussion threads. What you're doing is entering a thread you don't particularly care about, then complaining that a discussion could be happening, and you disagree with said discussion. It baffles me why you'd even think that's not stupid.
I even mained Kano for a little while. I'm not trying to poo-poo on your fine discussion. I just think he's fine the way he is.

Keep disagreeing, as that what forums are for, but don't expect to shout me down. Good points speak for themselves, but so do the not so good ones - and that is what we mostly have here in asking for Kano, who is already downright nasty in this game, to be buffed.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Shhhhh stop spreading these logical responses. Other Kano mains might hear you
I don't know why this made me laugh as much as it did. I pictured you saying it in doctor-like voice lol.

I even mained Kano for a little while.

Good points speak for themselves, but so do the not so good ones - and that is what we mostly have here in asking for Kano, who is already downright nasty in this game, to be buffed.
So what character have you switched to? A Top 10 one?

Also, for those who aren't realizing what happened in the Kano community from actual Kano main's, the chain of events went like this-

-Kano is Top 5. He has it all. What a savage of a character. Please don't nerf him NRS. We love you.

-Kano is around the low end of the Top 10. He can beat half of the top characters and only has 1 losing MU. Beastly character still.

-Kano is just outside of the top 10. Not as good as we thought he was but still a very solid character.

-Kano is mid tier but can still go even with more top characters than other mid tiers. It would be nice for a couple of buffs but we don't need it too much. We'll be fine.

-Kano is a solid mid tier character. Has a few even MU's and a few bad MU's vs the Top 10. He may need some help to stay competitive.

As anyone can notice, the more our competitive players level up and evolve with the game, the more we are trending down. Not up, not parallel, but down. This isn't because some magical elements are hurting the character, it's because we are realizing more and more what he is and isn't capable of the more we use him at high levels.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
@GAV

You an disagree all you want. That's fine. You can contribute to the thread. That's also fine. But what you were doing last night was NOT contributing to discussion. There is my issue. It's clear that 99+% of the posters disagreed with the OP's suggestions in one way or another. But instead of people trying to discuss WHY he may be wrong, or what alternatives there are, we got a large group of trolling and people trying to be funny all at once. People coming over from other character boards just to say something, while contributing nothing. That's the kind of stuff that brings post quality down, and drives potential posters away from this site.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I honestly find the range of his B1 in his cut throat variation unnerving and I'm not even a Kano mainer and since for Kenshi worked (even tho Kenshi was a joke before the patch) I think it's natural that many people are trying to get their main buffed.
If I were to apport some (in my opinion reasonable) changes those would be

Nerfs:
B12 can no longer combo into EX DD3;
B121 now does 10% instead of 12%;
112 is now -3 from -1.

Buffs:
B1 range is slightly increased (it now connects 1 step from the closest distance);
11 is now neutral on block from -2;
2F4 is now +2 on block from +0;
DD3 now consumes 8% health instead of 10%.
i think 112 is probably fine, that's the string with a gap correct? It's a risk to throw it out, I think it should be about -1 or maybe even neutral

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just buff aa laser to jaquie rocket status and call it a day
A 5% damage increase on b+1,3, EX 2+4 and b+2,3, EX 2+4 also makes sense to me.

Seriously, does any other character do less damage than Cybernetic Kano? Even Kitana gets 40% combos.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther

Seriously, does any other character do less damage than Cybernetic Kano? Even Kitana gets 40% combos.
Well, Commando's one (I need to revisit the combo thread) Midscreen combo gets 35% for one bar, so he's ballparking it.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
They get 30-40% meterless so no.
bull shit, vicious isn't touching anywhere close to 40% without meter, midscreen they aren't even getting 35% at this point in the game and have no option to spend meter to increase damage by more than 1-2% outside of x-ray

corner vicous and cybernetic go toe to toe for damage though but cyber can definetly pass them with meter.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
bull shit, vicious isn't touching anywhere close to 40% midscreen doubt they are even getting 35% at this point in the game and has no option to spend meter to increase damage by more than 1-2% outside of x-ray

corner vicous and cybernetic go toe to toe for damage though
A better way of looking at it is this.

If Vicious is getting meterless 34% damage off of F3 F2 F3 4xxBoss Toss and 33% of of F2 f3 11 4xxBoss Toss, by definition they do more. We get around 25% meterless and 32-35% max for 1 bar BnB's midscreen.

CJKRattlehead

A better way of looking at it is this.

If Vicious is getting meterless 34% damage off of F3 F2 F3 4xxBoss Toss and 33% of of F2 f3 11 4xxBoss Toss, by definition they do more. We get around 25% meterless and 32-35% max for 1 bar BnB's.
well what dave was asking about was damage in general not meterless cleaned up my post a bit to clearify better and cyber kano has more damage overall

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You guys are missing the point. All the aforementioned characters have overhead and low attacks. Cybernetic Kano does not.

I have been thinking... if Cybernetic Kano had an overhead attack such as Shinnok's b+3, which is 18F and -11 on block, would the world explode? Not really. The damage he would acquire from a single-hitting overhead launcher would be under 30% with meter. What would most likely the follow up be? Perhaps (imaginary single-hitting overhead launcher), b+2,3, EX 2+4, b+1, b+2,3 xx straight ball?

Why are we Kano players so humble when Kenshi is receiving buffs every patch and Kitana fools want a launching overhead and twenty other buffs and Reptile fools keep asking for a 6F armored elbow dash and significantly better zoning?

I now want an overhead and a vastly improved up laser in the Cybernetic variation. These changes would probably make me care about the game again.

CJKRattlehead

You guys are missing the point. All the aforementioned characters have overhead and low attacks. Cybernetic Kano does not.

I have been thinking... if Cybernetic Kano had an overhead attack such as Shinnok's b+3, which is 18F and -11 on block, would the world explode? Not really. The damage he would acquire from a single-hitting overhead launcher would be under 30% with meter. What would most likely the follow up be? Perhaps (imaginary single-hitting overhead launcher), b+2,3, EX 2+4, b+1, b+2,3 xx straight ball?

Why are we Kano players so humble when Kenshi is receiving buffs every patch and Kitana fools want a launching overhead and twenty other buffs and Reptile fools keep asking for a 6F armored elbow dash and significantly better zoning?

I now want an overhead and a vastly improved up laser in the Cybernetic variation. These changes would probably make me care about the game again.
Could argue that Kano is currently high mid and that would make him top tier and would be a tad too much (if the OH you're talking about is a combo starter at least) you want an overhead play cutthroat IMO also doesn't kano have enough AA options?

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Could argue that Kano is currently high mid and that would make him top tier and would be a tad too much (if the OH you're talking about is a combo starter at least) you want an overhead play cutthroat IMO also doesn't kano have enough AA options?
Kano has B1, which IS a really good option, but the case (at least my case) is that Kano's BUILT IN Anti Air is terrible. They should really make it worthwhile, or replace it entirely. But that's just me. As for overhead that would be a combo starter, I think this is vastly overrated. The bulk of Kano's juggles are B1's and Kano balls.

He doesn't need annny buffs besides a good aa laser. That would complement his game soooo well..
As far as Cybernetic goes, yes. When we talk all variations, You must include Choke. It's a move that currently serves no purpose. You're at no advantage when you have it block, or when it hits. It isn't an optimal combo ender in anyway, and is outclassed in every category it potentially excels in

CJKRattlehead

Kano has B1, which IS a really good option, but the case (at least my case) is that Kano's BUILT IN Anti Air is terrible.
he's got enough other options other than eye laser though that other characters in the cast would kill for

I was wondering who would be the first person to make this thread. Didn't expect to think of a new member. I'll just say this.

No.

Cyber above. Not all, but he could use some of those during the next patch roll out. In Cutthroat his B1 hitbox needs to be improved better than balls rubbing on legs to land, EX Powerup needs to stay when hit, and regular Powerup needs to drain less than 15% health.

There are a few things that he can actually use as effective buffs for his long term competitive future, but you didn't list a single one of them.
Well

KANO can do 40% dmg mid screen two bars and 1 bar at corner.