What's new

Question - Kano KANO needs some buffs?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You disagree with any of my suggestions? Which one? Or are you just posting to post?
You left it like he NEEDS the buffs. I just stated the obvious. That is that he needs them in order for you to be satisfied. He doesn't really though because he's fine the way he is - according to most.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You left it like he NEEDS the buffs. I just stated the obvious. That is that he needs them in order for you to be satisfied. He doesn't really though because he's fine the way he is - according to most.
Actually "according to most", it is almost universally accepted that his B1 Cutt hitbox needs to be fixed, his Ball specials need more priority so he can't be jabbed and Jip out of them or his AA Laser needs to actually AA, and his Command Grabs need to not whiff point blank range.

But no, let's not make any adjustments at all because a small select few are stubborn enough to say since he isn't Kitana tier he needs to change nothing. :coffee:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Well, I wouldn't say he NEEDS those things at all, it's not as though he can't compete without them. They are just changes that would overall improve the characters design without breaking balance. If I were you I would prepare yourself for the very real possibility that none of it ever gets fixed, and be thankful that he DOESNT need this stuff.

GAV

Actually "according to most", it is almost universally accepted that his B1 Cutt hitbox needs to be fixed, his Ball specials need more priority so he can't be jabbed and Jip out of them or his AA Laser needs to actually AA, and his Command Grabs need to not whiff point blank range.

But no, let's not make any adjustments at all because a small select few are stubborn enough to say since he isn't Kitana tier he needs to change nothing. :coffee:
Well, you're definitely in the minority.

Since the buff hasn't occurred and there has been little outcry for it.

You have a few people saying yes and an entire community either saying he's fine or saying nothing.

Now, I can't be sure what those who have said nothing think - but its pretty safe to say that they're either not in agreement with you - or they think its just not worth weighing in on.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hey now, you don't need buffs.

Apparently you 8-2 F/T or something.
We need buffs, you need nerfs.
Kano doesn't need nerfs. He's one of the most well rounded and fair characters I have seen in this game. All Kano players who win deserve the W to be quite honest.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yo, is this the new general discussion thread?
At least it keeps the buff/nerf/tier talk out the General Discussion lol.

Well, I wouldn't say he NEEDS those things at all, it's not as though he can't compete without them. They are just changes that would overall improve the characters design without breaking balance. If I were you I would prepare yourself for the very real possibility that none of it ever gets fixed, and be thankful that he DOESNT need this stuff.
Best believe if he was a more popular character or had an outspoken top player rep the awareness would be, say, much better spread.

Some things I'd call buffs, I agree on that, but things like Commando Command grabs whiffing point blank and Cutt B1 whiffing point blank even when you have people cornered "need" to be fixed. Those are things that just are blatant, and in no way should ever happen. I stopped playing Commando because of it until it is fixed.

Kano doesn't need Nerds. He's one of the most well rounded and fair characters I have seen in this game. All Kano players who win deserve the W to be quite honest.
I think you missed Doom's sarcasm lol.

I GOT HANDS

This thread is full of people who mostly disagreed with Kano being buffed, and about 5 or so Kano players saying otherwise until everyone else had left and it became a circlejerk, M2Dave being one of the people agreeing with, and even some Kano mains being part of the group that don't.

There was originally a poll attached to this thread and it was deleted because it was incredibly one sided.

I think it's safe to say that you are the minority here Salt Shaker. Just because your side argued the loudest and drowned out all argument in here, for page after page up until the only people still clicking on this thread are almost all Kano mains because it's in the Kano forum, doesn't mean that public opinion agrees with you.

Regardless, it's irrelevant , this argument of "well everyone says this so it's right!" means very little, so many times has the majorities belief been proven wrong that this argument has no legs from either side, but let's not pretend the majority is saying something that it quite clearly isn't.

The fun thing right here is. The people that said kano is good (For the most people who playing him just one week or in a drunk party) Are those who are agree with PPJ tier list and guest what? Kano is mid tier low, bottom 10. How logic works please someone explain this to me. xD.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This thread is full of people who mostly disagreed with Kano being buffed, and about 5 or so Kano players saying otherwise until everyone else had left and it became a circlejerk, M2Dave being one of the people agreeing with, and even some Kano mains being part of the group that don't.

There was originally a poll attached to this thread and it was deleted because it was incredibly one sided.

I think it's safe to say that you are the minority here Salt Shaker. Just because your side argued the loudest and drowned out all argument in here, for page after page up until the only people still clicking on this thread are almost all Kano mains because it's in the Kano forum, doesn't mean that public opinion agrees with you.

Regardless, it's irrelevant , this argument of "well everyone says this so it's right!" means very little, so many times has the majorities belief been proven wrong that this argument has no legs from either side, but let's not pretend the majority is saying something that it quite clearly isn't.
Point still stands.

You play Sub-Zero right? Imagine if GM OH whiffed point blank in the corner randomly at times. Just imagine how big of a broadcast certain people would make of it. Imagine how many people would support the movement for change, agreeing before they even read. Imagine the multiple videos demonstrating it because one wouldn't be enough. And then imagine the inevitable result, of future patching due to these things.

Only difference is Kano doesn't have a rep with the influence that Sub, Kenshi, etc have so the actual "needed" changes don't get much publicity so those uninformed think "everything" is fine when in reality that isn't the case.

I GOT HANDS

Hey hey don't get me wrong I already said like 1000 times I think the changes are good, just that they may not go through, and they won't leave him unplayable if they, he is still a good character without the suggest changes, just like SZ is still playable with the clone as is.

They don't NEED these changes, p it would be nice if we got them and they will be beneficial and these things probably should interact the way we are suggesting, but at the end of the day if it goes unchanged, people will still be able to do well with both SZ and Kano. I think that's the difference between "need" and "want"

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey hey don't get me wrong I already said like 1000 times I think the changes are good, just that they may not go through, and they won't leave him unplayable if they, he is still a good character without the suggest changes, just like SZ is still playable with the clone as is.

They don't NEED these changes, p it would be nice if we got them and they will be beneficial and these things probably should interact the way we are suggesting, but at the end of the day if it goes unchanged, people will still be able to do well with both SZ and Kano. I think that's the difference between "need" and "want"
Ahhh ok I understand better what you're saying now.

I GOT HANDS

I think changes that NEED to happen are things like nerfing Raiden, buffing Kitana, that's why I was agreeing with what Gav pointed out that "need" is the wrong word here, I don't think many mid tier characters necessarily need anything

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The fun thing right here is. The people that said kano is good (For the most people who playing him just one week or in a drunk party) Are those who are agree with PPJ tier list and guest what? Kano is mid tier low, bottom 10. How logic works please someone explain this to me. xD.
He is good. He's a solid character. Well rounded, you know? It's just the meta of this game doesn't allow him to shine. His play style doesn't revolve around the 50/50 coin toss that seems to be the new in thing these days. I used to play League of Legends and some of their champions were really solid characters that worked, but due to the meta that season that character can not shine. Difference here is that when this game loses popularity the patches will cease to come. MKX is not an ongoing game like League of Legends or other popular moba's. The game will develop to a certain point and other characters will lose their spot under the lights. A character doesn't need to be A - S tier to be considered good.

I think changes that NEED to happen are things like nerfing Raiden, buffing Kitana, that's why I was agreeing with what Gav pointed out that "need" is the wrong word here, I don't think many mid tier characters necessarily need anything
well there's one thing they Need to fix and is making db3 useful, xD.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Why? He has an uppercut that is stupid fast with a rather large hitbox to antiair with. He also has upball which if you time perfectly gets you out of any situation where one is jumping in on you. Back 1 is a decent anti air as well. Anti air normals aren't like they were in MK9, but it cans till be done.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Why? He has an uppercut that is stupid fast with a rather large hitbox to antiair with. He also has upball which if you time perfectly gets you out of any situation where one is jumping in on you. Back 1 is a decent anti air as well. Anti air normals aren't like they were in MK9, but it cans till be done.

GAV

Have you read this thread? Lol ok man.
I have.

The character is how he is and there are only a very select few complaining about it.

There are a whole lot that haven't weighed in and they either think he's fine as is or didn't deem it worthy to contribute.

Either way, you're in the minority.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
B1 is definitely better then decent. It should honestly be higher priority then up ball because you can juggle off of it and get dmg in Cyber and Commando. But yeah, Kano uppercut is reallllll good.

Kano's normals are too slow for someone who does not have a capture move, a teleport, or a lunging attack that has a hitbox that is not the same as the hurtbox. Kano does not have enough safe strings, his base damage is too low, and his hitboxes and hurtboxes are screwed up. I have clean whiffed throws when they should have landed. Also, there is no reason Kano should not flip when he jumps forward or backwards, this causes his feet hang low when he jumps, making it difficult for him to jump over projectiles.

Kano definitely needs buffs.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Kano's normals are too slow for someone who does not have a capture move, a teleport, or a lunging attack that has a hitbox that is not the same as the hurtbox. Kano does not have enough safe strings, his base damage is too low, and his hitboxes and hurtboxes are screwed up. I have clean whiffed throws when they should have landed. Also, there is no reason Kano should not flip when he jumps forward or backwards, this causes his feet hang low when he jumps, making it difficult for him to jump over projectiles.

Kano definitely needs buffs.
Did you make an account just to downplay? Your first post is one claiming Kano needs buffs, I mean really? No "Hi I'm Superunknown89. I'm, well, super unknown but I like MKX, play Kano and want to join in the discussion"? Why does this keep happening to the Kano community? :(

What relevance do capture moves, teleports or lunging attacks have to the speed of normals?
Dude, almost all of his strings are safe.
Damage is variation dependent but it being too low is your opinion.
How are his hitboxes/hurtboxes "screwed up" just because you miss throws? I mean there are a few moves with disputed hitboxes but not as many as you're making out.
His jump animation is completely irrelevant, if you feel like he can't get around the projectiles then use air Kano Ball or something.

Not the greatest start...