What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I really wish EX Ball could be cancelled on block. It would help out his non mixup variations tremendously and it would cost a full bar so it would be balanced.
That would actually be pretty good to go. I can't recall if it was you or another person that made a post about his ball leaving more to be desired. This seems like a solid idea to help ball since it doesn't even trade with hardly anything. It'd be great to have both things improved but I'd take your idea over it's priority being upped a notch.

Killusion

Stream addict
Has any one checked to see what Mid hitting projectiles Kano can d4 under?

It know it's timing specific but Kano can d4 under the MB rocket during Jacquie's gunshots which is a mid. So he must be able to d4 under some more stuff.

Anyone able to test this. I'd do it but I'm at work and pulling a double.
Went through all mid hitting projectiles. I was able to D4 under:

Dvorah
Swarm Queen - Wasp Grenade normal and MB
Venomous - Bug Burst technically but if they hold it not really

Erron Black
Gunslinger - Stand off stance -> Spin shot

Goro
MB fireball

Jacqui Briggs
Full Auto - MB Hand cannon

Jax
Heavy Weapons - Rocket launcher normal and MB

Johnny Cage
Forceballs normal and MB

Kano
Cybernetic - Knife toss normal only

Kitana
Mournful - Glaive throw normal and MB

Kotal Khan
Sunstone normal and MB

Kung Jin
MB straight arrow
Shaolin - normal chakram

Kung Lao
Hattrick - Hat throw normal and MB
Tempest - Hat throw normal and MB

Liu Kang
All variations - Fireball normal and MB

Quan Chi
EX Skull

Reptile
All forceballs except the really slow MB one

Shinnok
Bone Shaper - Dark beam normal and MB

Sub-Zero
MB freeze

Takeda
Shirai Ryu - Spear normal and MB

-------------------------------
I wasn't able to D4 under at all:

Ermac
Master of Souls MB fireball

Erron Black
Marksman - rifle shot

Raiden
MB thunderbolt

Takeda
Ronin - MB piercing spark

Last edited:

Creepy00

Noob
Silly question but is anyone else having trouble connecting Kano cybernetic combos online consistently? Like I can't figured the timing to connect after his lazer beam.

mrtom

Noob
Silly question but is anyone else having trouble connecting Kano cybernetic combos online consistently? Like I can't figured the timing to connect after his lazer beam.
I had that problem until I realized it worked 100% of the time if you input your next string before the laser ends. I use b2,3,2+4 and as long as start entering it before the laser stops it comes out. I also noticed if you screw up and press a button during the laser that move will come out and you won't be able to combo.

The problem I have online is getting an up ball instead of the laser if I do it too fast.

You've got a fair few frames after the lazer to hit your next attack, practice the timing in training mode and just use the same timing when online, it should continue to flow even if it looks as though its lagging.

cyke_out

Noob
Have you tried turning release check off in controller preset?
I'll check. It mainly only happens when doing b13 if b23. If I hit the db1 too fast it's registered as a db3 and gives me an up laser so it could be release check or it could be I'm too sloppy with my inputs or just lag.

I'm guessing it's a little of everything.

chores

bad at things
Welp, I'm back on the Kano army train. I'm sorry for cheating on yall with Goro and D'vorah :c...the temptations were too much.
i went from cutthroat to sonya CO to sonya SF now back on kano cybernetic. for rushdown i for sure prefer sonya CO over kano cutthroat but they are very different. dont know how i feel about cybernetic yet but those knives are such a nice projectile

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
F/B Jumping 1 is Kano's best air normal, it's the fastest and easiest to convert in any situation, I don't see a point in using the others, the hitbox on the other attacks is not much bigger, if any at all. Jumping 2 is utterly useless.. In case of a random air trade jumping 1 gives Cutthroat an easy ex bladeslice that can be buffered while still in the air, Cybernetic gets b2,3,ex knife toss into b2,3,kanoball for 27%, with Commando buffering a run while in the air into b1 seems mandatory. Run cancel into f4 obviously works, but only Cutthroat can convert that into decent damage.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I often hear that Commando Kano's playstyle revolves around reading the opponent. Can you elaborate?
I'm probably not the best person to ask since I main cut throat. But, I believe you poke them, expect them to throw something out, then you parry it our EX one of your command throws. Then they start getting scared of you.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Any of you cybernetic mains help me out here?
I just faced a Cyber Kano, thankfully I could get past those knives by jumping, then air kano ball, but how would I go about getting in with my other characters?
(Jax and Johnny)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
how would I go about getting in with my other characters?
Jax
Jax can get in well. Mix up energy waves with ground and pound, close some distance, armored dash punch when in range. The waves and ground n pound is more than enough though. In Heavy Weapons it's even easier. He can get in better than most characters and once he's in it can get rough for Cyber Kano.

and Johnny
Lol :DOGE

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Right. I know this isn't the place to put this, but I'm just gonna do this once for a bit of a shameless self promotion.

There's me playing Cutthroat against my good friend @RizRaz. We'll be doing shit like this every week.

Ok, cool. Self promotion over. As you were.

Just looked at the patch details, and Shinnok and Quan Chi have been given whole new moves.

Can Kano get a quick non-variation specific standing overhead now please? You know, like half the cast?

No?

Fine. I'll be in the Krypt...

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Kano wasn't mentioned directly in the patch notes but I'm pretty sure his b1 got nerfed.

They mention that some moves were supposed to be 0 but were +2. This was the case for b1 where the frame data said 0 but b1 was actually +2.

Overall good patch for Kano though, I think he moves up modestly with the nerfs to top tier and the removal of the really dumb blocking option select. The latter was going to neutralize b1 pressure once people started using it (although it didn't seem like many people were doing this properly yet anyway).