What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Yeah I see your PSN, I have PS4 as well haha. Their shit might just be bugged and you can't get other people's scores or some shit. Since living towers,faction war page, as well as personal stats are all buggy and slow movin.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Man after watching the ending, it would be so cool if Kano's son made it into the game. He would put all the other kids (Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, etc) to shame.
Id want him to be rivals and continuely call Takeda a lucky bastard.

the fact Kano has a son just makes his intro with Kenshi that much funnier.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Question. Is ex ground ball able to be cancelled after the first hit in a block string to continue pressure or no?

I'm at work otherwise I'd test this myself.

Like say B3, 1 ex ball cancel into another string.

Or are knives a more universal pressure tool? But the first one being high makes it feel like they can poke out of it when ducking.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Question. Is ex ground ball able to be cancelled after the first hit in a block string to continue pressure or no?

I'm at work otherwise I'd test this myself.

Like say B3, 1 ex ball cancel into another string.

Or are knives a more universal pressure tool? But the first one being high makes it feel like they can poke out of it when ducking.
Nope, can't cancel Ball on block.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I really wish EX Ball could be cancelled on block. It would help out his non mixup variations tremendously and it would cost a full bar so it would be balanced.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
My laptop was down for a while. Reading & taking MADD notes. So thankful everyone has contributed and learned so much Kano 2.0 is real. Can not wait to go back to the lab all day. All 3 of his variations are the truth.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
B1 has very little blockstun and is 0 on block. Something I found out that was interesting was that if you just keep mashing b1 in Commando/Cybernetic (record the dummy doing it) in a Kano mirror it's hard for some reason to counterpoke him with standing 1 or try to uppercut and you might actually get hit. only d3, d4 and d1 counter it consistently, you can potentially catch some slower characters by doing b1,3 into a combo, or use it as an uppercut/armor bait and simply block. Kano's poking game in Commando and especially Cybernetic should be thought of as something you would do in a 3D fighting game. You just throw out all the moves that are 0 on block or have pusback and see how your opponent reacts, you might backdash or just block or if there is enough pusback maybe just walk back, maybe try to catch them being too aggressive to get in by doing d4-eye laser or set up an ex kano ball cancel for a launch when you know they are gonna counterpoke. The mix-up potential of some characters is so strong that most people just don't wanna think about slowly conditioning someone, they wanna blow through pressure with armor every chance they get and get their own offence going and go for those 50/50's as soon as they think their opponent is gonna block since it's just simple and effective. You can't force your way through someone's defence in Cybernetic, you have to make them do something that they'll regret.

FlappyDaniel

I use F4 and B1 a lot for frame traps. you can just do B3,1 and then throw out a B1 and finish that string if you want to or poke afterwards with a D4 or a F4. 2 ,F4 is also 0 on block and pushes them a good distance if you're trying to make space on block for knife pressure or something. I tend to just condition a lot with D4 and D3 though, and then just Rib break as soon as I see them hesitate on wakeup. Ex ball cancel on block would help us with another frame trap/continue pressure but we have really good pokes to pressure + the ever present Command grab mixup.

Awkward Sloth

Kano's B1 is a block infinite online in a little lag. Makes a lotta people pretty salty when I mash b1 b1 b1 b1

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I assume when people are talking about B1 being amazing, they're talking about cybernetic Kano.
Good luck connecting B1 in cutthroat :DOGE

FlappyDaniel

I connect B1 all the time in Commando. One of our stronger close footsie tools, and it can be an ok AA as well.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Frame traps with d4 and f4 in cuthroat work very well. I'll usually go d4 db1 and follow with f4 and just keep the pressure until i hit confirmed for an ex

chores

bad at things
some solid kano gameplay

@bifuteki @MrInsaynne

nice games. probably the most aggressive cutthroat ive seen yet. it looked like at first you were making hay with run into 50/50 but once he started backdashing to avoid you were trying to do run cancel into f212 to catch him but just didnt run far enough. am i seeing that right? anyways i have no idea how to space shirai ryu takeda. sitting right at d4 range seems good but everything else feels like im in his whip range or risking my projectile getting blow up by teleport. any thoughts?

Killusion

Stream addict
EX Kano ball's start up is listed incorrectly, it's actually 9 frames. If you're willing to use the bar, you can punish things much harder with EX Kano ball cancel to whatever you want. It's really hard to punish some -9 moves with it but possible (Kung Jins EX divekick), so I wouldn't really recommend trying it online. -10's should be easy though.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
hey, where was the thread that was talking about a weird option select that only worked on one of kano's variations by using the 2 button command for block or something.

Awkward Sloth

Has any one checked to see what Mid hitting projectiles Kano can d4 under?

It know it's timing specific but Kano can d4 under the MB rocket during Jacquie's gunshots which is a mid. So he must be able to d4 under some more stuff.

Anyone able to test this. I'd do it but I'm at work and pulling a double.

Beach

La mejor playa
So as of now I can't ever seem to win the neutral game or apply pressure well enough to get something going (playing cybernetic). My normals seem to be getting beat (B2,3 and B1/B1,3 mainly) and or blocked and they get the advantage right after. If I do get a combo I run up and can't seem to get much past one string. So my question is how should I utilize Kano's toolset to better play Oki and neutral game. Oh and is 112, Db1, normal finisher a good punish option?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Welp, I'm back on the Kano army train. I'm sorry for cheating on yall with Goro and D'vorah :c...the temptations were too much.