What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
It's cool you I'm less salty now. Shit happens and gotta get over it. It was a nice set and feel free to upload it.

And congratulations for making it to top8, well deserved.
Yeah man set could of went either way it's an unfortunate combo drop I be salty too

You know I got a lot of respect for you and speak highly

I'll upload in a few

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Guys, do we actually know the exact frame data for a cancelled ex-ball, upball and ex-upball after the patch? I'd guess it could very well be 9, 9 and 8 (raw estimations)?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Guys, do we actually know the exact frame data for a cancelled ex-ball, upball and ex-upball after the patch? I'd guess it could very well be 9, 9 and 8 (raw estimations)?
You can't cancel up ball and ex up ball, unless I'm reading that wrong. But up ball and ex up ball should be 7 frames and the first hit of ex straight ball starts up in 9 frames.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I thought I post this little bit of the patch for our mains along with the general game fixes. Thought it might be a bit easier then starting a new thread.

MKXL Patch Notes 10-4-16

Version number = XB1 - 0. 305-6-e203e49d | PS4 - 0.305-6-9ae01faf | PC 0.305-6

General Gameplay fixes

• Many move list corrections
  • Increased energy cost to start running to 25 (up from 15)
  • Increased energy cost to cancel into a dash (where applicable) to 25 (up from 15)
  • Getting hit while running will now drain 50 energy
  • The increased hurt regions when you perform an air attack now activate one frame before the hit region activates
  • Kounter message added when a hit lands as a counterattack or punish
  • Delayed Wakeup will no longer activate if the block button is pressed or held while holding down
  • You are no longer able use specific timing to avoid recovery frames on some jump attacks which used weapons
  • Reduced the victim blockstun along with the attacker block recovery on many moves (keeping the same +|- on block advantage)
  • WBID unlocks no longer have additional requirements
  • Kano - Black Dragon Ball no longer has armor
  • Kano - reduced the blockstun on Multi Blades by 5 frames
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Fixed a bug which could cause Kano to lose the round if he had Power Up or Charge Up activate while Jason (Unstoppable) resurrected
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Away+FP can no longer be cancelled when blocked and is now -15 on block (down from -10)
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Charge Up no longer has armor
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Power Up & Charge Up now have 10 more recovery frames when done while the opponent is blocking
  • Kano (Cutthroat) - Away+FP,BP,FP is now -10 on block (down from 0)
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Eye Blast no longer has armor and is now +4 on block (up from -11) and has 10 less recovery frames
  • Kano (Commando) - Strangle, Power Bomb, & Rib Breaker now have 2 hits of armor

Youphemism

Cybernetic yet again getting useless changes. Do they really think Eye Burst is suddenly going to be useful when it has no armour and still hits high when EX knives hits mid and is +5? Loooooooooolllllll and they couldn't even buff his midscreen damage or the damage on knives but they buffed Kitana's projectile damage.

Youphemism

You think Cybernetic's problem was that others had armoured launchers? With no more damage and others getting poke buffs this just makes things harder for him I reckon, but we'll see how it turns out after the patch. Still having overhead air ball is hilarious.

KH Royale

The truth is out..
You think Cybernetic's problem was that others had armoured launchers? With no more damage and others getting poke buffs this just makes things harder for him I reckon, but we'll see how it turns out after the patch. Still having overhead air ball is hilarious.
No, the fact that mkx isnt centered around 5050s like it used to be makes him viable imo, but we shall see

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
niiiiiice. so you just cyber things faster for cyber mains. can't wait to test gaps and options.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Meh.... He's ok.

I tend to agree. Db1 at +4 on block is meh. I mean it's something useful to have but so is my beer cap opener on my keys.

Even though and I don't want to sound too optimistic but maybe it's a good thing. I guess you can safely follow up with b1 or 112 or f33 or whatever. It's something but I think it's close to nothing too.

He's ok. Not good or terribly bad but ok.