What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

ando1184

Noob
Can someone test for any stealth nerfs/buffs? I would but I'm at work all day. I just saw the LK d2 stealth buff, that looks insanely strong

Jupe

Noob
Can someone test for any stealth nerfs/buffs? I would but I'm at work all day. I just saw the LK d2 stealth buff, that looks insanely strong

d4 is now +17 on hit instead of +18.

Upball does seem to punish at least -8 better now, but it has been slowed down by 1f from 6 to 7 frame startup.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Okay, so. I was experimenting with 11 anti wakeup, and I stumbled upon the 1xxDD3EX stuff, which only comes out if they actually wake up, and on most wakeups leads to a 39% combo for the cost of no extra meter. I don't know if anyone else does this or doesn't because of reasons.

Okay, so. I was experimenting with 11 anti wakeup, and I stumbled upon the 1xxDD3EX stuff, which only comes out if they actually wake up, and on most wakeups leads to a 39% combo for the cost of no extra meter. I don't know if anyone else does this or doesn't because of reasons.
Hmm I'll have to try this out, I've been using ex up ball since it breaks armor and you take no damage most of the time. If they block it you practically reset the neutral.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
It's also an option select, as if he doesn't wakeup, just a standing 1 comes up, and if they do wakeup, 1xxDD3EX comes out. I've been trying D3xDD3EX, but it's not easy. maybe D4xxDD3EX?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah the flash parry is known. It can actually be made scarier by the fact you can cancel either mixup option into the ex buff too so you have a hitconfirmable flash parry that leads to 40%

Skedar70

Noob
Cheking out the patch notes for Kano I noticed this Nerf.

• Kano - Down+BK is now -12 on block (up from -7)
This is false right cause I can't punish this.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
The actual frame data says its -8 not -12. I was trying to punish it as a reversal with Kitana Throat Slice or Mileenas roll. I really don't think D4 is -12 like the notes say.
I doubt both of those would work any way. They both have like travel time since kit jumps forword and mileenas ball roll also has travel time. She couldnt punish d4 knife in cyber before the patch and that was -11. So two things. I doubt its -12 lol and if it was(or is) then you would have to punish it with something that reaches farther cause it has push back.

ando1184

Noob
So kotal's 11 got adjusted to hit more consistently in this new patch, did Kano's? Or does his 112 still whiff vs scorpion and other small crouch blocking hitboxes?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I think you still lose against piercing mileena and a-list johnny, but that's pretty much it.
I think they're both 5-5, slightly tricky since both of those characters are fucked up but I don't think Cutthroat is lacking anywhere and has all the tools to handle everyone.

Safe 50/50s, we got it.
Pressure, we got it.
Damage, we got it.
Defensive options, we got it.
Advancing strings that can be made safe, we got it.
Strong footsies and pokes, we got it.
Air and ground mobility, we got it.

And he's no longer as meter intensive as he used to be pre-patch. IDK if it's just me, but I'm definitely drinking that Cutthroat Kool-Aid.