What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I haven't had my hands on this patch too much yet but I can't figure out mb knives. They seem fine to me.

Kano looks good. No worse for wear then before the patch. Besides the armor but oh well.

Anybody else notice anything?

I haven't had my hands on this patch too much yet but I can't figure out mb knives. They seem fine to me.

Kano looks good. No worse for wear then before the patch. Besides the armor but oh well.

Anybody else notice anything?
So you have no idea what this "Kano - reduced the blockstun on Multi Blades by 5 frames" is?

villainous monk

So you have no idea what this "Kano - reduced the blockstun on Multi Blades by 5 frames" is?
No. Let me refrase that. I see no drastic changes nor feel no drastic changes besides db1 in cyber. To me thats a good thing.

Besides b121 in ct. Mind you I've spent the whole of 20 min on it.

villainous monk

Yeah. I'm assuming there weren't any stealth changes to multi blades either. No noticeable differences so far
Yeah I reckoned so. I even checked twitter to see if a lil info was there.

You know the old saying of no change is good change right? Well I think a little bit more of charge could've done him some good too. But he would be close to being OP like cutthroat was but I still think a little of something would still benifet this variation. Guess I'll save the opinions until it's more collectively agreeable I guess.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Commando mid screen with one bar now does 40% (38% if not wrong)

WOW

Back to COMMANDO Guys

B1 Thick throw becomes more easy (dunno if im saying shit but...)

Yeah I reckoned so. I even checked twitter to see if a lil info was there.

You know the old saying of no change is good change right? Well I think a little bit more of charge could've done him some good too. But he would be close to being OP like cutthroat was but I still think a little of something would still benifet this variation. Guess I'll save the opinions until it's more collectively agreeable I guess.
An increase on cyber's knife damage would have been nice. B1 being safe would have been nice. Regardless he feels really good because he can b1 or S1 aa even more consistently. And ex multi blades is going to be an awesome tool in this meta

Lanqu

Noob
looks like Kano can't cancel run into grab but if get the timing linking usual forward dash is even better option

CmC_HAt

Noob
how much affect kano the nerf : b1, 2 , 1 is now - 10 on block????, there´s a gap between b1, 2 , 1 (gap)? db1????

ex db1 aka the move no one ever used and is still never using.
ikr.. I didn't even know that move had armor.

how much affect kano the nerf : b1, 2 , 1 is now - 10 on block????, there´s a gap between b1, 2 , 1 (gap)? db1????
If b1 hits a blocking opponent rest of the string doesn't come out. If b1 whiffs and rest of the string hits a blocking opponent, there seems to be no gap. (whiffed)b121xxdb1 has gaps before db1.

Also, about the Multi Blade Blockstun thing.. They removed some rec frames and block stun, effectively making the block advantage same but The whole thing just takes less time to complete.

villainous monk

I still think the variation placing remains the same with,
Cutthroat
Commando
Cybernetic

It's all up to perspective but I still think the match up chart remains the same for the most part.

I'm liking the new cutthroat alot and commando hasn't changed much. I'm. Mixed on if cybernetic still needs more help.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Welp.. kinda thinking of coming back to MKX now that PC is up to date and with the new netcode and patch. Giving some thoughts to Kano, always wanted to learn him originally but just never got around to it.

So, is the new Kano a 'one variation fits all' kinda deal, or should I be learning more than one variation to combat bad MUs? Specifically, I'm looking at CT and Commando with an emphasis on Commando. Never really been huge on Cyber for some reason.

So any thoughts on how Kano sits these days and how suitable he'd be for a 'new; player would be appreciated.

I haven't settled on a new character yet, still fact finding. I'm looking for someone solid and generally considered upper mid or better, and by that, I mean they have an absolute minimum of losing MUs. I dont need a bunch of winning ones, I have just never favored characters that, say, dominate some characters and get dominated by others in turn. 5/5 or better all the way. Obviously, a losing MU or two is often inevitable - but you all know what I mean.

Im *way* out the loop. Havent followed the game since the day they officially admitted KP2 and further for PC was being cut (I dont bring that up because I have an axe to grind, just to give everyone an idea how long its been since Ive looked at anything MKX)

UOTE="Hara-Killer, post: 21iii82325, member: 40754"]Commando mid screen with one bar now does 40% (38% if not wrong)

WOW

Back to COMMANDO Guys

B1 Thick throw becomes more easy (dunno if im saying shit but...)[/QUOTE
if you dont mind. can you please tell me the notation for this combo please.

UOTE="Hara-Killer, post: 21iii82325, member: 40754"]Commando mid screen with one bar now does 40% (38% if not wrong)

WOW

Back to COMMANDO Guys

B1 Thick throw becomes more easy (dunno if im saying shit but...)[/QUOTE
if you dont mind. can you please tell me the notation for this combo please.

Jupe

Noob
All of Kano's whiff issues still seem to be in the game: 112 sometimes whiffs completely, cutthroat and commando's ex knives often whiff either completely or partially in corner and Ex upball will randomly be unsafe because the second hit whiffs (mostly against big characters)