What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

Skitzo

Noob
Also, if you REALLY wanna master it, you've got to understand each characters hitbox & which pressure options are open for you. For Mileena, Jax, & Sektor, you can only use f3(2) ndc variations because of their small hitbox; but other with big hitboxes like: Raiden, Noob, Freddy, Scorpion, you can use everything. f3(2) b1(2) 2 ndc. Just throwing this in there in case you're really gonna wanna master this.

I'm really struggling with the instant air fireball. Any pointers? Meanwhile sitting in practice trying to hit u/b u/b+1 for an hour :(

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I do play online sometimes, but if you ask me playin online is kinda pointless...like a retard humpin a doorknob. Honestly I think I figured it out on my own. lets say your being pressured, and your opponent goes for the crossup, usually your crouch blocking,to turn around in time you have to let go of block and down then hit d1 again for it to work consistently. If im wrong somebody correct me, but I think thats whats happening there. The trick being doing on reaction and not holding on to block for dear life.

mekane

Noob
just an hour? keep practicing :)

make sure you practice both ways. youd think if you can do it one way, the other is pretty much the same. not the case because of how your thumb sits on the pad, its kind of diagonalish, so it sits on the buttons different for u/r and u/l.

Saint

Noob
If you use a pad like myself, I feel U+B, U+B+1 is the easiest, because it takes time to reposition my thumb.

Also, after your first blast you want to hit the first U+B while in the air to save time, the second just as you hit the ground. This will help you push them lower.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I'm not a Kabal mainer, but why would you wanna do B1 NDC when B12 NDC gives you +2 rather than +1,
You can be interrupted between B1 and 2 in B12, which is why you would want to use B1~ndc, and also to mix up the pressure. It's not always about the advantage gained but keeping your opponent guessing as to when you're going to cancel.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Just trying to play the best I can. And ex dash is a good option, but you don't always have meter, and the armor on the dash sometimes seems to be a bit finicky. That's why I want the d1 as an option too. But seriously can anyone offer any insight? Am I right?

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I got the InPin adapter and its pretty nice, my only gripe is sometimes it feels a little laggy for IAGB/whiff IAGB corner combo, and it has randomly held down the down arrow at times.

P.S. Also this controller will have to be broken in for it to be softer and more responsive because its new.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I'm not a Kabal mainer, but why would you wanna do B1 NDC when B12 NDC gives you +2 rather than +1, same thing with F3 NDC. If the opponent thinks ur gonna cancel you're probably gonna get punished anyway, may aswell give yourself more frame advantage and make it a tighter punish.

All this NDC stupidity will end when its realised that you can just mash buttons against an NDCing Kabal and win.

The only stupidity I see is the one writen above...B1 and F3 are used mostly as a mixup.....It's best used to confuse the other player...am I gonna use 2 hits, 1 hit or 3 hits.

Pls, record a video and show me how you mash and beat a good Kabal offline...

AC1984

Kaballin!
It really isn't about Dash Cancelling after every input of string. You have to condition the opponent into thinking your ending your string at some point with a 50/50, once the opponent respects this option, then your cancelling becomes much more effective.

My question is, why do Kabal players massively underrate their option at hand, which is, after the reset, go for a Grab, or end one more block string with a 50/50 and always have their :ex Nomad Dash on hand if either 50/50 is blocked and the opponent gets careless?

I have also seen so many Kabal players lose important fights by not finishing their reset with an easy F32 Overhead or Groundsaw, and instead go for more pressure, and fuck it up, ultimatly losing the round, when a simple 50/50 or Grab would have sufficed.

It blows me away, that you can bag 11-12% after every combo with a grab, and instead opt for pressure EVERY TIME.

Master D is one of the Kabal's really making use of the 50/50 in his block strings, I really dig his style and playing.
yeah...its easy to watch give an advice.....especially when you dont even play Kabal

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It blows me away, that you can bag 11-12% after every combo with a grab, and instead opt for pressure EVERY TIME.
I just saw this. Grabs are not guaranteed. They can be ducked or teched. If your opponent ducks the throw, you get comboed. If your opponent techs the throw, you lose your pressure and any damage. NDC strings = meter, unavoidable damage(chip), and if you so choose, free mixup opportunity. A throw gets you 12%, no meter, and you lose any pressure options you had before the throw.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Soonk, they can also jump over you if you try to grab....its a good thing to throw here and there but thats it...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The only stupidity I see is the one writen above...B1 and F3 are used mostly as a mixup.....It's best used to confuse the other player...am I gonna use 2 hits, 1 hit or 3 hits.

Pls, record a video and show me how you mash and beat a good Kabal offline...
Its not hard to mash a 7 frame jab on reaction to a dash cancel. F3 can only be used as a mixup once you've got the player respecting the 50/50s in the first place... I dont respect the 50/50s because every Kabal is busy trying to dash cancel...

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
yeah...its easy to watch give an advice.....especially when you dont even play Kabal
AC, believe it or not, I know what I'm talking about.

Kabal players get away with far too much, and I don't need to main him to know how to fight against him.