What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Sorry for not being clear, i meant the roundhouse. I believe it's called back kick in the moves list though.

Another reason i think i may be getting it, is trying to dash before i get the knee. I'll check my inputs, see what i'm doing wrong.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
ah, yeah I get that sometimes, too. Might be letting go of forward too early. When you dash in for the knee, just hold forward until it comes out, then do the BF thing for the ND.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
well, what might be an interesting follow-up is the "1, 1, B+4" string.
i've tried it and i'm pretty sure that the 4-kick will stand your opponent up, in case he has decided to play dead.
however i couldn't try out, if the opponent can get up fast enough and duck under the first 1. if not, this might indeed have some use.

after all this might be a guaranteed way to continue pressure or to set up a 50/50-situation after the knockdown.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
Pretty much what title says (can't really use search because "F4" is way to common).

In particular I either get 2nd ND if doing F4 instantly after NDC or forced to do F4 a bit late after NDC, wasting frame advantage of previous ND canceled move.

I noticed the same thing about a week ago. I usually only use f4 after a jump in, or I'll use a poke first just to keep some advantage. AFAIK, there's no way to keep doing them without some sort of poke or pause.

cgerrr

Lulzlou
The game still reads that forward input of df or d,f and 2nd ND comes out if you do it instantly after the first NDC.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
You can either try the down method or try the flip stance button while the dash is canceling, not after, otherwise you will flip stance. so something like f4~nd, piano b+block then flip stance, F4

cgerrr

You can either try the down method or try the flip stance button while the dash is canceling, not after, otherwise you will flip stance. so something like f4~nd, piano b+block then flip stance, F4
Either method doesn’t work for me for the same reason I described above: whatever I input after NDC and before f4 doesn’t hinder the game to read that forward input of f.4 which results in me getting 2nd ND.

First time recording online fights. I'm no REO or anything. Also it got mad lag in the third round. All criticism is welcome. Please no "Online, doesn't matter"
Thank you :)

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Well, id say u gotta be a bit more aggressive, some parts you're just standing there and blocking when u had a chance to move/attack. Also when you're far at range you should keep blasting with instant air fireballs :)

Skitzo

Noob
You got him down imo. I might suggest doing ndcx2 for meter or even whiff an agb after you ground dash him. My 2 cents, & maybe mix up with d1/d3 ndc's for added pressure after playing the reset. You can use your 7f poke to mess with him after his b121 string cause i think it leaves you guys at neutral? But watch out with certain peoples 6f counterpokes. Kano being one of them.

FYI: Pulling off iagb is hard on live. But i still try to do it lol

Yo, your Kabal is solid. You really need to try and zone more and get more pressure in. Need to work on your footsies too, but you seemed overall solid. Good shit. I suggest you make him your secondary or something. Really nice. Keep working on him.

Switch up the pressure, I saw F3 ndc b121 x exdash pretty much the entire match. Also, practice your punishes, you dropped one or two. Nice though!

lol, bad habits die hard. And I understand that I need more iagb and pressure mixup and punish practice, this was my first time recording anything so I played it not how I usually go. First time recording; Kano annoyance; bad punishes; videos will get better over time. Promise lol

Lulzlou

Noob
I went to blackula's SoVA meet up this weekend and got blown up by pretty much everyone. I was expecting this so I wasn't even mad. Frustration hit me hard because I played too much online the past two weeks to get used to the hitbox. It was like day 2 of hitbox all over again.

I'm not afraid to show these videos because after the blow ups I got a lot better. I learned so much more in those 2days than I did the few months I've been playing this game. This was actually my 6th week with kabal

A few things that I know I did wrong;
My execution was horrid. Going from online to offline completely screwed me over. Practicing offline until the nova meets ups is my plan for now. Maybe the occasional online with some people that are willing to help giving me MU exp

Canceling the ex nd was on purpose; there were a lot of times where I didn't meant ot though. I wanted to get used to canceling it during mid match. I didn't come to the meet up to win anything, I went to learn.

Not doing full combos was mainly because the hitbox. I still wasn't comfortable doing long combos. I didn't want to go back to pad either. I'm so much better on pad lol

not building meter - Pretty much the only reason was the hitbox. I can do it now no problem.

Corner game - This is what kills me 80% of the time. I have no idea what to do to get out of the corner besides air breaker and nd out. Almost every timeI try to ex nd when they attack, I remain blocking and it still takes my meter. It basically kills my mood for the match. I know the problem and currently working on to fix it.

I came to the meet up wanting to focus on footsies and hitbox practice. I know kabal's tools so don't give me crap about not zoning, building meter, etc. I have my execution down again like how I was on pad, I can do the meter building tech and I can do a lot better combos. When I got home I went straight to the lab and practice what I failed in until I got it right.

The main question is what are my options in the corner and how to get out of it. I only know one kabal player and I barely even see him so I have to result in posting here.

I have no shame with any of these videos. Never expected Kabal to be easy mode as soon as I picked him up. I'm going to keep practicing and practicing until I can say I main kabal without anyone laughing lol. Gotta start somewhere

Yes I got babied by Blackula's Jade. I accepted it with no frustration.

By the end of the night I got all the match up experience I could get. If it wasn't for Blackula conditioning me with different match ups, I would still be messing up like these videos. All it took me was one day of practice to get used to it again, which was today.

Also if any psn players would like to help me out with MU exp, add me please. I'm so far behind everyone since I started late december. Probably going to sleep after I post this so I'll check the thread for anything when I wake up.

NKZero

Noob
The main question is what are my options in the corner and how to get out of it. I only know one kabal player and I barely even see him so I have to result in posting here.
I hope you do not mind taking advice from someone who played a little of Kabal before. When you have an opponent in the corner it does not really differ much from mid-screen. You just have to find a way to open them up with dash cancel pressure or whatever and hit-confirm into a damaging corner combo before resetting with F4. Just like anyone else, be wary of jumping, be ready to NJP or use an anti-air or whatever. Maybe F4-NDC is more effective in the corner as well I'm not sure.

As for escaping, you can either use the saw blade but risk getting blown up on block or if they jump over. You could tornado slam but risk on whiff. You could also use dash or cancel it. If you dash and they go for an attack they get blown up and if they block you get blown up. Cancel dash to keep them blocking and you can mount your own offense. It's not easy for Kabal but you have decent wake-up tools and hope you make the right reads.

Lulzlou

Noob
I hope you do not mind taking advice from someone who played a little of Kabal before. When you have an opponent in the corner it does not really differ much from mid-screen. You just have to find a way to open them up with dash cancel pressure or whatever and hit-confirm into a damaging corner combo before resetting with F4. Just like anyone else, be wary of jumping, be ready to NJP or use an anti-air or whatever. Maybe F4-NDC is more effective in the corner as well I'm not sure.

As for escaping, you can either use the saw blade but risk getting blown up on block or if they jump over. You could tornado slam but risk on whiff. You could also use dash or cancel it. If you dash and they go for an attack they get blown up and if they block you get blown up. Cancel dash to keep them blocking and you can mount your own offense. It's not easy for Kabal but you have decent wake-up tools and hope you make the right reads.
Thanks, doesn't matter who I get advice from. Any is awesome
My first reaction is to get out of the corner as fast as I can. I guess I was worrying about that too much and didn't even think about just waiting for an opening.

I'll be focusing on using all my tools to get out of the corner rather than just trying to jump out. Jax and sub were the main reason I got like that. I feel trapped in the corner with both so I freak out because it was so hard to find an opening.

Lulzlou

Noob
EX ndc parry while stuck in the corner. Nuff said.

Also, when you do b121 in the corner, you need to do it 3 or 4 times for the f4 reset not to reverse your positions. I noticed in the first match after you did that corner combo you only did b121 twice; which caused the f4 to put them behind you. It's a dumb thing i know.
Oh I did a basic combo just to get used to the hitbox. I normally never do just b121 over and over lol.
That why I was practicing the ndc in mid match. I want to be able to do the parry and add it into my pressure.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm disappointed in myself for playing that terrible last weekend but I learned from my mistakes. I'm practicing exactly what I need to fix currently. I have two weeks to fix as many problems as I can. My kabal has to be decent if I want to go anywhere at Flawless Victory on April 14th

Skitzo

Noob
Also, if you breaker while in midair in the corner, you can dash across the screen to get out of the corner too

Skitzo

Noob
I'm noticing you keep using the same variation of pressure: f32 ndc b12 ndc.

Try mixing it up after the reset. Do a f3 ndc throw. maybe f32 ndc b1 ndc saw. Keep them guessing & to respect the pressure more. and the 50/50.

Lulzlou

Noob
>.> not being a douche but did you not read anything I said? lol
I'm aware of all of this. I am able to do all the mix-ups now but during that weekend I had to resort to simple things because my execution with everything was really off. I played too much online that week then going back to offline screwed me over. I should have practiced offline before I went.

Advice is advice, even if I know it already. Thanks