What's new

Kabal Guide Feedback

it has super armor on start up and does not go full screen.
what is kabal's most damaging combo? the jump kick fireball is useless, its hard to execute 100% of time and your better off with the combo i seek.
anyone? i know it is mid-screen and doesnt invole jk/fb

babalook

Noob
his best mid screen is probably b121 dash 1 dash f32nomad dash b121(only the last 1 should hit) f32 db2
but really all his combos should end with f4

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey all. I dont know if you guys are aware of this, but something i discovered that might be useful or interesting to some of you. if you already know it then i apologize.
I guess the MK9 system have something called Fireball Cancel, which depends on the distance. I made a reptile video from two days ago explaining how to do the FB cancel. Simply put ;

"Fireball cancel: with reptile
FB's can be canceled by re excuting the same FB but with an EX version ,though it depends on the distance the FB travels (the distance for re excuting is about full screen minus 2x regular dash). You can cancel EX ball into another EX ball or EX ball into regular or regular into EX ball, though you cannot cancel regular with regular (regular means non EX, simple Special Move). EX slow ball can be canceled as much as u want as long as you have 3 meteres, while Fast FB's are only cancelable once due to the speed of the EX fast FB.
the video will show you examples of how to use such trick and in general how the FB cancel looks like"

now that's for reptile. As for Kabal , he can do the same thing if Air fireball are done quickly, Wither Regular canceling a regular or an EX canceling an EX or regular.
easier done when both of u and opponent are max range. just wanted to say this out in case if nobody noticed such a thing. Apparently Kabal and reptile are not the only one who are able to do that, Sektor and Lui kang can do that as well....though very effective and noticeable with reptile or kabal.

A combo Idea i made (probably old): close range while you and opponent are in corner(let opponent jump) , EX IAFB, IAFB, EXIAFB, IAFB, land (EX dash)~ into wutever you would like.

not a damaging combo, just an idea.

sorry if my idea's were old, am just sharing something in case guys dont know it! hope it might be useful by any chance (kabal aint my player)

Loot

the special effects
Until the patch there is no reason to use fireball unless you know it will connect, due to the bug with it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Thanks for this, Ive been messing around with Kabal in training and now I realize how good he is. Very useful stuff

babalook

Noob
uh found a strange thing b121 EXiAFB iAFB then you may dash to continue the combo or do buzzsaw for a mostly unbreakable combo but do to his rediculous damage scaleing it does less than a standard combo. Also you can add in iAFB to alot of his wall combo and what not but they end up makeing the combo due less because more hits more scaleing even if its a EXfireball -_-

babalook

Noob
can someone confirm this (no one to test with right now and training mode blows) does 4f nomad dash cancel on hit give a safe jumpe because when i try without the dash cancel the opponent can jump but if i dash cancel the cannot but this was tested in training mode so ya.......
edit nvm it doesn't work :(

Just thought I'd throw this out there:

f+3,2, Nomad Dash, f+3,2, X-ray = easy 40%
(I think adding in a jump-in punch may add an extra 1%, but I don't remember.)

what is the best way to execute the dash cancel? f3,2,bf4 or f3,b2,f4? both register into the dash. im having very big issued learning this on pdp stick... idk if it has to do with my uneasy execution and the pdp stick's terriblness.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
If you mean as a loop, you just need rhythm, and you could use either of your methods with enough practice. For me though it's all about not messing my brain up with too many inputs, so my left hand just presses forwards, back, forwards, back, forwards, back, forwards, back, etc. to a solid rhythm. Synchronising it consistently with the right hand is the tricky part:

Code:
F   B   F   B   F   B   F   B   F   B   F   B   F   B   F   B
3   2   4   blk 3   2   4   blk 3   2   4   blk 3   2   4   blk
Just takes practice.

King

Sig Maker
I just picked up Kabal today and within 5 minutes, I got the dash cancel technique down.

These are my inputs:

[F3, B, 2 F4 Back+Block] Repeats.

So I do forward 3, 2 but somewhere between the 3 and the 2 I input the back motion of the dash. Then after I see the 2 come out, I do forward and 4 to complete the motion for the dash. After hitting forward 4, I immediately hit back and block.

babalook

Noob
oh guide says 111 gives safe jump this is false even if you dash cancel you can't get a safe jump but they are forced to block f32 but you must dash cancel

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
For the jump kick~air fireball have people tried holding UF after the launcher then inputting b+3~b+1 rather than 3,bb+1? Its quite a common way of buffering and should make the fireball come out a bit quicker.

babalook

Noob
b121 dash2 dash2 dashf4spin jip b121 dash f32db2 is 37%
And the two 2s make it were the f4 will almost alway hit them on the ground, you may also do dash2 dash4f instead of the f32 to end the combo with a reset and it will still do 34% which will be the much better option because at the very least after the f4 reset the opponnent must block a f32 which does 4% chip so you'd be getting 36% in worst case senerio(opponet guesses right after you dash cancel).

Hey guys, if you're like me and usually find the "dash, 1, dash, 1, dash, combos a pain in the butt, I've found a pretty good alternative:

b1, 2, 1, dash, 2, 1, dash, f4, nomad dash, jip, b1, 2, 1, dash, f3, 2, tornado slam = 36%

The important thing is that the "dash, 2, 1, dash, f4" part of the combo almost always (I'd say 90%) leaves them at the right height for them to be grounded while spinning from the Nomad Dash. It's really not that hard to do. After just a few minutes of practice, I was able to start landing it about 8 or 9 times out of 10, and it's only gotten better. Interestingly enough, the key is to NOT do it too fast. Don't hammer out the command as soon as you input each dash. After you practice it a bit, you'll start to notice that you actually have a little bit of margin after each segment in which to input the next attack. This can feel weird at first, but it makes it much easier in the long run.

Edit: And, of course, you can change the ending from (f3, 2, tornado slam) to (2, dash, f4) and the damage drops to (if I remember right) 33-34%

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Ending your combos with :r:fk:bp~:d:l:bp isn't the optimal way to play, though. Unless it's for the win, in which case it should go without saying. The version of the combo ending with :r:bk should be prioritized over the higher damage option.

Ending your combos with :r:fk:bp~:d:l:bp isn't the optimal way to play, though. Unless it's for the win, in which case it should go without saying. The version of the combo ending with :r:bk should be prioritized over the higher damage option.
Agreed. My point was only that when you create/post combos, you usually look for the maximum length/damage possible. From there, you (or anyone who read your idea) can easily work backwards and figure out what else is possible. This is doubly true with resets, since they tend to be shorter and less damaging than the max. As I said before, anyone who's played Kabal for more than 20 minutes is aware that you can take almost any combo ending in f3, 2, tornado slam and substitute in a f4. You don't really have to TELL people that.

shura30

Shura

then remember that once you reset with f4 any f3,2 would do another guaranteed 4% block damage (another 2% on block if you end with buzzsaw)
if i remember correctly it's only 2-3% less than hookspin combo ender

don't get distracted by counters on the side of the screen, block damage play a major role in vs in mk9