What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin "Just want to test myself against you" - Kung Jin Variations and Specials

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I liked Takeda's reach but you lose plenty of speed. Kung Jin has nearly the same reach with much better speed and hella zoning options. Takeda is 90% hype.
Everyone is sleeping on Kung Jin right now, but they're gonna regret it when people start busting their ass with him.

I actually wanted to main Takeda since he was announced in the trailer. But yeah he is mostly hype. I do feel he will be nice though.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Everyone is sleeping on Kung Jin right now, but they're gonna regret it when people start busting their ass with him.

I actually wanted to main Takeda since he was announced in the trailer. But yeah he is mostly hype. I do feel he will be nice though.
I'm just not too impressed by much about him, sadly. But I do think everyone and their mother will main him.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I liked Takeda's reach but you lose plenty of speed. Kung Jin has nearly the same reach with much better speed and hella zoning options. Takeda is 90% hype.
I wont mess with nothing more than lasher with takeda
Kung jin is pretty fucking perfect
3 great variations
Ever since I saw the story mode trailer I felt something

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I'm just not too impressed by much about him, sadly. But I do think everyone and their mother will main him.
I feel like it will be like that day one, and every one will fall off after a while.

I liked him from the comics, and his reveal. He reminded me of Raiden from Metal Gear, and I loved that Pretty Man.

I may try Kung Jin though, he looks like he'll be fun.

And the Meter arrow is going to piss people off, and I love it.

But does he take their meter though, I couldn't tell from the stream because when they used the arrow he already had full meter.

FinalBoss_FGC

I feel like it will be like that day one, and every one will fall off after a while.

I liked him from the comics, and his reveal. He reminded me of Raiden from Metal Gear, and I loved that Pretty Man.

But does he take their meter though, I couldn't tell from the stream because when they used the arrow he already had full meter.
The meter drain just drains opponent's meter...it's not an absorb

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm

Three Arrows drained a bar.

---

Kung Jin won the stream for me. I love the character more every time I see him.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
It offends me that he stole BRC's Bojutsu as a variation.

Other than that, he needs to grow on me. I don't dislike him, though. But he was outshined in the stream for me.

Any character with a disabler move is interesting to me.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Idk wtf you guys are talking about... bojutsu variation and tron variation look awesome!

Plus he's gonna be a pretty good zoner I'd say.

As for Takeda, of course he has more talk going on... dude has so much shit and he's gonna be broken (and nerfed so hard) as hell.

FinalBoss_FGC

Idk wtf you guys are talking about... bojutsu variation and tron variation look awesome!

Plus he's gonna be a pretty good zoner I'd say.

As for Takeda, of course he has more talk going on... dude has so much shit and he's gonna be broken (and nerfed so hard) as hell.
I say Takeda will be mid-tier. Watch. His range just keeps him in contention with Kung Jin but Kung Jin is way faster to add to the range.

FinalBoss_FGC

I hope you're right!!

Just seems like they gave takeda everything lol
I disagree. I didn't see an overhead normal except at range with slow as hell start-up but he does have a low. The issue is like over half the cast has an obvious 50/50 and I didn't see one with Takeda. His ground shuriukens will be tough to deal with but I think that is his selling point.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Kung Jin has me way more interested in how competitive rules regarding variations are going to be. If the player is allowed to change variation even after a win I think he can end up being top tier based on how diverse each of his variations are.