What's new

General/Other - Kung Jin "Just want to test myself against you" - Kung Jin Variations and Specials

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Yo that meter drain is stupid and you get a full combo/pressure(if its any good) from full screen. I just wonder if you can hold them and dash cancel out of them.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yo that meter drain is stupid and you get a full combo/pressure(if its any good) from full screen. I just wonder if you can hold them and dash cancel out of them.
That I was wondering too. It doesn't look like he can hold the arrows like GA used to. Not sure why they removed it, bit I would think they would have showed it off in Ancestral if that's was the case.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
That I was wondering too. It doesn't look like he can hold the arrows like GA used to. Not sure why they removed it, bit I would think they would have showed it off in Ancestral if that's was the case.
Are you sure it's worth the stamina? Until I get my hands on the game I'm wondering in general if I'm going to dash much at all.. Might want to save all stamina for running and breaking.

ando1184

Noob
Dashing forward doesn't use stamina, only back dashing.
That's news to me. Wow the meta in this game is really going to take some getting used to. I like all the changes though, it really is like a new fighting game not just a sequel with added on pieces to the same mechanics.

trufenix

bye felicia
Meter drain and stun are different arrows. There is no hold ala GA, its just shoot shoot shoot like Hawkeye. Also they're time based, so no more ice arrow hit confirms. Just load on hk and hope for the best.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Meter drain and stun are different arrows. There is no hold ala GA, its just shoot shoot shoot like Hawkeye. Also they're time based, so no more ice arrow hit confirms. Just load on hk and hope for the best.
Yeah I know I worded it poorly. I hope the arrow shots have quick recovery or else they can be teleported on reaction. The air ones at least.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Dashing forward doesn't use stamina, only back dashing.
Really?? Thanks for clearing that up. In my head, I was already weighing the pros and cons between using stamina for running or dashing forward to close distance. In my head if you've gotta consider the recovery frames for a dash animation you might as well use the stamina to run instead since apparently you can combo off a run.. That completely changes my thinking though.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah I know I worded it poorly. I hope the arrow shots have quick recovery or else they can be teleported on reaction. The air ones at least.
Even watching Derek and Tyler dick around Scorpion and Raiden (at least) teleports look lightning fucking fast. I think its okay for Raiden or Takeda who only has one variation with tp, but Scorpion can do it in all three, and I think he's going to be anti-zoning beast since he doesn't have the ridiculous bounce off punish window anymore.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Stun always disappeared after 16Bit shot first one. I think Fire Arrow and Meter Drain are timed and Stun is one shot

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Even watching Derek and Tyler dick around Scorpion and Raiden (at least) teleports look lightning fucking fast. I think its okay for Raiden or Takeda who only has one variation with tp, but Scorpion can do it in all three, and I think he's going to be anti-zoning beast since he doesn't have the ridiculous bounce off punish window anymore.
That's why I hope that arrows have fast recovery or can be dash canceled.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Do you mean on hit it disappears or just one shot period?
I'm sure there's a timer but we didn't ever get to see it. It may just be one hit

Thing we didn't see tho is if you can change bow enhancement or if you have to wait until timer is out.

Either way he's going to be good but if you can change bow enhancement mid-timer then everybody else is going to have problems.

EDIT: Oh yeah, when the arrow leaves the bow-staff then it is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Are you sure it's worth the stamina? Until I get my hands on the game I'm wondering in general if I'm going to dash much at all.. Might want to save all stamina for running and breaking.
Yea as stated, dashing only burns stamina backwards, not forward. So I was thinking full dash animation then mind games after, especially on knockdown. I guess they removed the holding of arrows because he wouldn't be able to run with them. It would be even stronger against characters who can't teleport.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do you mean on hit it disappears or just one shot period?
The stun arrow looks like one shot, regardless of hit I'm guessing.

It didn't miss in the trailer, but when he shot it the 1st time you can see the blue fade to white before the stun arrow even landed.