What's new

General/Other Joker still sucks

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Joker does not suck...

This forum is more concerned with problems rather than solutions.

You guys woulda played SZ in MK9 and lost and said he sucks while another places top with the same character. Thats all i see here...

I just hope someone focuses on Joker enough to do the same
Can we stop referencing SZ every post please? You and Qwark, god damn lol. Joker and Sub-Zero are completely different characters in rather different games, and Sub-Zero, while not great, had better matchups against some of the top tier characters than many other characters from what I've heard.
Regardless, Joker functions completely differently and struggles in entirely different ways. The only way Joker can open up an opponent right now is if they mess up and do something unsafe or don't block a cross up properly, because everything else can be blocked low. An overhead starter would help with that, thus the suggestion earlier.
To be clear, no, Joker does not suck, but he has the most bad matchups in the game from what I've seen. If that's wrong, feel free to correct me. Honestly don't know who has it worse.

Can we stop referencing SZ every post please? You and Qwark, god damn lol. Joker and Sub-Zero are completely different characters in rather different games, and Sub-Zero, while not great, had better matchups against some of the top tier characters than many other characters from what I've heard.
Regardless, Joker functions completely differently and struggles in entirely different ways. The only way Joker can open up an opponent right now is if they mess up and do something unsafe or don't block a cross up properly, because everything else can be blocked low. An overhead starter would help with that, thus the suggestion earlier.

To be clear, no, Joker does not suck, but he has the most bad matchups in the game from what I've seen. If that's wrong, feel free to correct me. Honestly don't know who has it worse.
SZ lost to..

Kabal 7-3
Kenshi 9-1
KL 6-4
Cyrax 7-3
Freddy 7-3
Smoke 7-3
Kitana 7-3

I could go on for fucking days on his shit MU's and almost all of them are vs the top 15 characters.

The only way he could win was to get his opponents in the corner and put his life bar on the line and guess. That, and do random slides that do 9% and eat full combos on block. I would KILL for a move similar to a safe crowbar.

SZ gets absolutely murdered by 90% of the top character and 95% of the characters you will commonly face in tourney. Do not tell me about having to win handicap matches as if Doing it with Joker is any harder...

Find a way..

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Why is SZ being brought up AT ALL? Two completely different games and two completely different characters. I'm glad you had success with a low tier character but.. so what? It has nothing to do with anything other than being a "holier than thou" argument.

StevoSuprem0

SZ lost to..

Kabal 7-3
Kenshi 9-1
KL 6-4
Cyrax 7-3
Freddy 7-3
Smoke 7-3
Kitana 7-3

I could go on for fucking days on his shit MU's and almost all of them are vs the top 15 characters.

The only way he could win was to get his opponents in the corner and put his life bar on the line and guess. That, and do random slides that do 9% and eat full combos on block. I would KILL for a move similar to a safe crowbar.

SZ gets absolutely murdered by 90% of the top character and 95% of the characters you will commonly face in tourney. Do not tell me about having to win handicap matches as if Doing it with Joker is any harder...

Find a way..
I watched more in the early days of MK, so I could have been off there. I do recall you switching to Kung Lao pretty frequently though when I did see you in tournaments, so you didn't really do it all with Sub-Zero anyway.
And that's my point- if characters can be fixed in simple ways that improve their more horrendous matchups while preserving their uniqueness as a character, why not implement such changes? I'll always be pushing Joker further and learning more regardless of the state he is in, but this whole "deal with it" "some characters have to suck" argument is nonsense.

I watched more in the early days of MK, so I could have been off there. I do recall you switching to Kung Lao pretty frequently though when I did see you in tournaments, so you didn't really do it all with Sub-Zero anyway.
And that's my point- if characters can be fixed in simple ways that improve their more horrendous matchups while preserving their uniqueness as a character, why not implement such changes? I'll always be pushing Joker further and learning more regardless of the state he is in, but this whole "deal with it" "some characters have to suck" argument is nonsense.

and god knows I know how much the "deal with it" statement sucks lol..

But.. you need to stop finding out all the ways Joker loses and work on how he wins.

StevoSuprem0

and god knows I know how much the "deal with it" statement sucks lol..

But.. you need to stop finding out all the ways Joker loses and work on how he wins.
I feel like we have worked on that pretty extensively. As you know, it's not easy with so many losing matchups. But "we do this not because it's easy, but because it's hard". Otherwise, why the fuck would we be playing Joker haha.
Now fight me! :joker:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Scorp breaks like 35% and still has his vortex, and Shazam has a wake-up and a half-decent dash game.

Sooo... >__>

That vortex that pretty much takes 2 meter to start, and then an additional meter to keep going......yeah, that vortex. >__>

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Im on psn too.. xTom_Bradyx
If you have a free space, consider yourself added. But really, who would you say is the worse? Most characters have a dash, vortex, projectile, wake-up... Joker has none of it. Mind you, I feel his worst is an 2-8 and I've been there but I think hes the only character who still has one.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That vortex that pretty much takes 2 meter to start, and then an additional meter to keep going......yeah, that vortex. >__>
Yeah, the one where he can keep checking you with tele and isn't shit to a half decent zoning game... That kind, yeah. j.3xxteleport has more vortex than any kind of joker teeth set-up.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Yeah, the one where he can keep checking you with tele and isn't shit to a half decent zoning game... That kind, yeah. j.3xxteleport has more vortex than any kind of joker teeth set-up.

I hope you have the meter for all of that, but I digress, I don't want to derail this thread.