What's new

General/Other Joker still sucks

OnlineRon91

Joker++
To add insult, if u have teeth out and block zods rush, you BOTH are hit by the teeth. So you can't even set him up for a combo. Glitches ftw.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Oh yeah true, that happens in a bunch of situations. Was gonna say... how the hell would the code make us take damage for that...

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Superman's nerfed corner game >>> Joker's buffed corner game.
And the corner is supposed to be Joker's strength... lol
I strongly disagree with that. Superman just has a much easier time getting you there.

On a side note, regardless of who's right or wrong, this thread is going to do more harm than good unless they ever plan on patching this game again.
This thread is pretty much functioning as a "Warning: Keep Out!" sign to anyone who might have had any interest in playing Joker, which in turn hurts the speed and likeliness of finding new things and improving our character.

Yes, our character is, compared to many in the cast, sub-par. That shouldn't come as a surprise. We picked up Joker and I'm sure most of us saw really early that he was not going to be top tier. It sucks but every game has high and low tiers and nobody FORCED us to play a low tier, not to mention that compared to some of the other games I've played low tiers in (Smash series, SCV, MVC3, PSAS, etc.), low tier in this game is actually still viable so long as you keep a secondary around for some matchups.

In the end, the cards have been dealt and all we really can do now is deal with it and try to improve our character, and/or find a new character with less weaknesses. Personally, I'm going to be rocking Joker/Lex (I feel everybody should have a secondary in this game) for as long as this game lasts.

Oh and out of curiosity Tom Brady, who do you think the worst character in the game is, and do you think that character is still tournament viable?

Vagrant

Noob
Knowing you have bad MU's means you absolutely cannot afford to have your opponent be more familiar with your character then you are with theirs.
This is really really good shit right here Tom.

I think a lot of people forget this and don't realize that if they really put in the work with study, experience, and application, most bad matchups against most players can be overcome.

That was the perfect way to put it.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Oh. Blockable grundy grab do the same thing?

The difference is that Dead Air has no invincibility on wake-up/reversal and is duckable, whereas Zod Charge negates any non-Crowbar ending setups due it's invincibility as well as Chattering Teeth hitting Joker for no reason lol. That was my point in the original post but I should of been clearer :)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There will always be a "worse character" in fighting games. I wish this community would realize this. Also...and I know this sounds completely out of the box, but hear me out...

...Has it occurred to anyone....

...That it is SUPPOSED to be hard to get in on a zoner? That maybe...just MAAAAAAAAYBE....that's the whole idea? I mean...if you did make someone like Joker able to easily overcome strong zoning...doesn't that invalidate zoners and thus require them to receive better buffs to keep people out?
It's supposed to be hard to get in on Zoners? Sorry, Bane forums didn't get the memo

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Joker, Shazam and Lex are now (or still) the worst characters of the game imo.

Btw, 50% of the cast have issues with their mids, Lex, Joker, Flash (b22f3), BA, etc.. This is weird.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

Btw, 50% of the cast have issues with their mids, Lex, Joker, Flash (b22f3), BA, etc.. This is weird.
Yeah. I/we are in no way saying Joker should be the only one to get these fixed (which I feel like some people are suggesting that's what we're trying to say...). I just wanna see NRS fix all of these, because they have been in the game since launch, are quite well documented, clearly shouldn't be the case if a move hits mid, and are relatively easy fixes... Not sure what the hold up is.

snort

Noob

Lex's trait alone keeps him off the list of shit characters. Ares is still garbage with MB tele.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Lex's trait alone keeps him off the list of shit characters. Ares is still garbage with MB tele.

Dunno about Ares, I think his dash are very crap. Lex has his trait but it is useless against good zoners or superman. Lex is a zoner that gets outzone by almost everyone.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Joker is trash tier, even below bottom tier. Right there with shazam.

These characters are mortally flawed in design and cannot be saved

On the flipside, every other character is, at worst, pretty good