What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Awesome shit Qwark has spoken.
Haha I friggin knew it. I go to the Joker forums a bit regularly for some reason. I don't know all of his stuff but I was watching and thinking "they must know about this one, they must know about this one, this doesn't look like a true unblockable, and THEY NEVER DOWNPLAYED JOKER!" lol

The Joker community don't downplay him. The rest of the community, though, think he's Z Tier by proxy, for some reason.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
LIke super ? the one that costs 4 bars? he could do it of course the whole match. His Super got patched as well, why then patch the advantage on Breath AND the range on F2. if the problem was that he could Super you if you pushblocked?????
Yah like super, I was saying there was no use wasting a bar pushblocking the F23 breath pre patch because he could just f23 again most times or if he had bar he could super you before you could even block if you push blocked. You are at negative frames when you push block.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
If he is so valuable play with him when you start your tournament pools. There is a difference between showing it and doing it. I want to see this done in a real match or at final round when you start your pools.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Chances are it'll take a specific set-up, and it'll probably be able to be pushblocked out of which will prevent him from keeping it going.
Ill just quote this post since the other is too long.
If you pushblock you lose 52% + reset again. I never implied he was top 10 from instant kills, I just said he could do it to. His setups are only reliant of oki in the corner. If you get put in the corner you die. You dont know how his neutral works, so dont be so damn auick to downplay. I can get 62% if you srent showing me respect and not from oki

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN

Somehow, when I woke up today and decided to skip college, I knew it was because I had to choke a bitch/bith.

Video 1# Known, opponents who know the matchup block our tougher than earth shake setups and you think you'll catch people with that combo when you do b1 to teeth which in itself is punishable, wait a bit and then do J3 without being uppercut, poked or backdashed.

Video #3 Set computer to jump. Also congrats on sacrificing a combo which GUARANTEES a reset just to put them in a 33-33-33 which we also have midscreen and is avoided via jump, d2, d3 and not teching the throw which gives you nothing.

Video 4# Instant overhead into teeth combos after the string hits for 2 hits as soon as the string starts. That wasn't the J1 comboing FYI. Joker's instant J2 is his only instant overhead.

28 likes for telling us gimmicky shit we already knew and will probably work on random people who don't know the matchup.

And any mofo who posts "oh thank god, Joker was so bad otherwise" no he wasn't, you don't know SHIT of our character and come in OUR fucking forum to spew your bullshit ( not directed to fox, external downplayers ).

Qwark has spoken.
I was watching the videos posted thinking... wait... this either looks:

A) Mad easy to block

B) Mad escapable

C) sunicfux, u mad?

A) cuz you can ttly block high and low at the same time
B) Have fun escaping grab infinites
C) im ttly md
There is an unblockable prevention system in this game actually, if a move TRULY hits high and low at the same time, then the game will block it for you, but most of the time there will be AT MOST a 1 frame gap between the high and the low, and as earth shaker has a 2 frame gap between high and low, people can block this.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
A) cuz you can ttly block high and low at the same time
B) Have fun escaping grab infinites
C) im ttly md
Hah. I wouldn't have to block high and low at the same time. There's like 20 frames between your J3 and when the teeth explode. I noticed that trend in a lot of the combos. Joker was never considered bad bc he didnt do damage, he's considered bad bc the top tiers can avoid dealing with his shenanigans. Also, that grab infinite doesn't work at all vs certain wakeups.

The childlike excitement is too much. Even if this is all old news to Joker plays--even if it's impractical, it's good to see the joy that comes from a boy opening training mode here in front of us all. I can't wait to see how giddy you'll get if you take any other characters in training mode!

no bs. totally glad you're juiced on joker.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ill just quote this post since the other is too long.
If you pushblock you lose 52% + reset again. I never implied he was top 10 from instant kills, I just said he could do it to. His setups are only reliant of oki in the corner. If you get put in the corner you die. You dont know how his neutral works, so dont be so damn auick to downplay. I can get 62% if you srent showing me respect and not from oki
If this relies on me sitting on teeth to start it, then you won't even get your first rep off.

If your 62% requires me to be doing nothing while you do it or stay in place respecting your non-options, then you won't even get 10%.

Instead of assuming I'm downplaying, maybe you should consider I took time out to specifically grind out joker and I'm vividly aware of what his options are in contrast to a human opponent.