What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

EMP Dark

Noob
lol whats wrong with using a character thats really good? i have a love for the character .
i used him pre patch when superman and black adam reigned

i know my characters good and the reason im bragging is because joker sucks and him saying hes top ten is just so laughable.
I agree & disagree with SonicFox. I don't think Joker is a really bad character like you & most people claim him to be. But he definitely not no top 10 either. The only reason why you so cocky & you think Joker is such a terrible character is because you use MMH. Hell if i used a ridiculous character like him i would be cocky af to & think that Joker was bad also end of story.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I agree & disagree with SonicFox. I don't think Joker is a really bad character like you & most people claim him to be. But he definitely not no top 10 either. The only reason why you so cocky & you think Joker is such a terrible character is because you use MMH. Hell if i used a ridiculous character like him i would be cocky af to & think that Joker was bad also end of story.
Normally id agree. But then I discovered his block infinite which lead me to him being too 10 material. Will be posted after FR

i guess i was wrong to be cocky i see your point i apologize your a great player no doubt.
but in all this character is all gimmicks wouldnt you say?
i used to loose to a guy called revenge online with his j3 teeth now i know i can roll it and wake up for free
use my trait more wisely

isnt aquaman bad for him and batgirl and sinestro deathstroke the list goes on

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
i guess i was wrong to be cocky i see your point i apologize your a great player no doubt.
but in all this character is all gimmicks wouldnt you say?
i used to loose to a guy called revenge online with his j3 teeth now i know i can roll it and wake up for free
use my trait more wisely

isnt aquaman bad for him and batgirl and sinestro deathstroke the list goes on
Damn you're bipolar...

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Joker is a amazing character who has to work in alot of MU and no one really downplays Joker from what i see in the forums i am kind of new to joker i been playing him for awhile now and to me he may be good but in alot of MU its a up hill battle but i dont understand why so many people are having this convo right now when everything here has already been talked about more then once and people who say he is trash just have trouble in MU like me i am having trouble in the Zod MU but yet i still think Joker is atleast mid tier so why cant we all be friends and just play the Game

Sigh... most of this is techroll-able, which everyone does in this matchup....
AND WE DON'T DOWNPLAY. God damn, everyone has been telling us to drop the character while we've been saying he's probably somewhere in the mid tier. Not top 10 though kiddo.
Look child...
We know about the throw tech stuff. All they have to do is not tech the throw and you don't get the setup.
We know about his damage. But the teeth into poorly timed j3 setup you're doing is easy to block and get right out of. Only thing you're doing is getting some advantage in their face.
We know about his crazy interactable shit. There are several videos posted.
We know about the BGB stuff. It get's done all the time.
You're just posting a bunch of flashy stuff that people are gonna get wet over because they don't know anything about Joker, but this stuff doesn't work against good players that have Joker experience.
Neutral game is where he suffers and where he get's beat. You show me using him well in that capacity, then you'll have my respect.
Til then... stay in school... you little prick.
Tell them honeychild preach it

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Sigh... most of this is techroll-able, which everyone does in this matchup....
AND WE DON'T DOWNPLAY. God damn, everyone has been telling us to drop the character while we've been saying he's probably somewhere in the mid tier. Not top 10 though kiddo.
Look child...
We know about the throw tech stuff. All they have to do is not tech the throw and you don't get the setup.
We know about his damage. But the teeth into poorly timed j3 setup you're doing is easy to block and get right out of. Only thing you're doing is getting some advantage in their face.
We know about his crazy interactable shit. There are several videos posted.
We know about the BGB stuff. It get's done all the time.
You're just posting a bunch of flashy stuff that people are gonna get wet over because they don't know anything about Joker, but this stuff doesn't work against good players that have Joker experience.
Neutral game is where he suffers and where he get's beat. You show me using him well in that capacity, then you'll have my respect.
Til then... stay in school... you little prick.
Actually... there is a better way to set up the j3 combo that I posted in the chat. I didn't know at the time it could lead to this, but yeah, that's definitely doable.

I will agree that we don't ALL downplay (My PSN status for the last 3 months should be pretty indicative of what I think) and I may even up-play him when offline, but the man has a point. This character has a lot of stuff and is not trash as many seem to believe, and TBH all of this is accomplishable in a real match.

@SonicFox5000 Good shit man. I especially love that insta-kill on Wayne Manor.
Are you planning on using Joker at FR? If so, any chance I could share some knowledge with you before then (I sadly wasn't able to attend due to financial issues)? I'm curious as to what this block infinite is (I was actually finding myself really close to accomplishing one in training today and wondering if they're related) and would also love to see if I know things you don't and vice versa. You are a better player than me and I want to see a Joker do well in the USA (I hope to do it myself at some point).

Also....

no jokers are on blast for thinking this character is unviable
I agree, we are on blast for allowing that myth to still exist.

EDIT:

he can pushblock into teeth too
I actually just found something to make that still be a decent option. I mean, it's not the guaranteed damage it used to be, but it's a pretty good reset situation that also stuffs wakeups while being an overhead/low block that can be switched so either one hits 1st, so you know, not bad.

Double Edit:

My martian manhunter is laughing at this shit lmfao to do any of this he has to get in lmfao
That's.... actually not that hard.

I get blown up every time I try to imply Joker might win a matchup though, so I'll keep it at that.

Last edited:

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
see its different when a joker player shows off ALL THIS TECH and then doesnt incorporate it mid match. I know how to incorporate EVERYTHING in every situation. And you might want to go and take another look at that grab infinite. EVEN IF YOU DONT TECH, YOUR PUT BACK IN A MIXUP SITUATION WHERE I COULD JUST GRAB YOU AGAIN. And if you wake up MBF3.
mbf3 doesnt beat every wakeup, some can escape.

also, first we had the problem with being able to combo offa pushblock, that sorta was fixed, now we got the problem of comboing offa techthrows. NRS seems to have trouble making it so that characters with timed explosives arent capable of redonkulous things :I