What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Somehow, when I woke up today and decided to skip college, I knew it was because I had to choke a bitch/bith.

Video 1# Known, opponents who know the matchup block our tougher than earth shake setups and you think you'll catch people with that combo when you do b1 to teeth which in itself is punishable, wait a bit and then do J3 without being uppercut, poked or backdashed.

Video #3 Set computer to jump. Also congrats on sacrificing a combo which GUARANTEES a reset just to put them in a 33-33-33 which we also have midscreen and is avoided via jump, d2, d3 and not teching the throw which gives you nothing.

Video 4# Instant overhead into teeth combos after the string hits for 2 hits as soon as the string starts. That wasn't the J1 comboing FYI. Joker's instant J2 is his only instant overhead.

28 likes for telling us gimmicky shit we already knew and will probably work on random people who don't know the matchup.

And any mofo who posts "oh thank god, Joker was so bad otherwise" no he wasn't, you don't know SHIT of our character and come in OUR fucking forum to spew your bullshit ( not directed to fox, external downplayers ).

Qwark has spoken.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
We already know dude.

The difference is we mained him from day 1. From start to where we are now we have been coming up with stuff about Joker, what you say is nothing new to us.

Looking forward to seeing if you actually have anything new.
*Raises hand* I didn't play him day 1 sir!

I sure hope its nothing new. And ive used joker day 1 to, but I BG is just better lol. Im only blowing up joker downplayers, not joker players.
I really do want you to do well as well. You should hit some of us (Joker players) before FR. There are things we haven't shown off yet that may help you out, and I want to see Joker winning stuff, even if I was hoping to be the first to do it on this continent.

Its not a end all be all tech. It just exists. I need to condition you into it.
Aaaaand this statement makes me think I know what you're talking about.

Just for my own curiosity since I probably won't be able to go into training and look for it until at least tomorrow, does it whiff on some characters when they crouch?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Though I agree that Joker is infact viable when used correctly, at least in my opinion, he's like the Skarlet of Injustice. He requires a lot of practice to get right since he's kinda technical and gets good damage when he does land a combo but I wouldn't say he's top 10. He just has good-looking tech and half-decent setups :D

EDIT: This is just MY opinion btw, don't blow me up for it :)

SonicFox5000

The Best.
That is what I am saying - the main problem wasn't the fact that he could Super you for push blocking but the range on f2 because he would come right back in. So that was nerfed. but the +1 on breath was nerfed two times as well. Why do that if F2 reach and super's start up nerfs solved the problem already? Now it isn't block infinite even with the old advantage on breath. The real block infinite gives you no way out but push block. If you have no meter you are done.
What I love about my block infinite is that ONCE ITS STARTED, PUSHBLOCKING COSTS YOU 40% OF YOUR HEALTH. So dont pushblock :p

SonicFox5000

The Best.
That is what I am saying - the main problem wasn't the fact that he could Super you for push blocking but the range on f2 because he would come right back in. So that was nerfed. but the +1 on breath was nerfed two times as well. Why do that if F2 reach and super's start up nerfs solved the problem already? Now it isn't block infinite even with the old advantage on breath. The real block infinite gives you no way out but push block. If you have no meter you are done.
What I love about my block infinite is that ONCE ITS STARTED, PUSHBLOCKING COSTS YOU 40% OF YOUR HEALTH. So dont pushblock :p

No the way it works is that you eat damage but you can still block. If its on the sane frame, and you can hit F3 and ground teeth in a .5 frame if that makes sense.
@KH Scar i was doing simple setups into teeth to show what could happen if you get caught by this. I have 50+ ways + ambiguous/fake crossups to do this. You just dont know. Again, this is not a tech thread. And Im going to make people hella salty with JOKERS BLOCK INFINITE. The one thing every downplayer in here keeps skipping over
Alright bro, I'm done contesting it, I actually look foward to seeing u blow people minds with this new tech ur screaming about, seeing is believing..I'm sure u can understand the joker players confusion tho, in a tournament setting things are gonna get real hairy for Mr.J, at the end of the day like I always say...DONT LET THE JOKE BE ON U!, Would hate to see how 16 bit blows u up if he decides to do a stock thread once this tournament is over, and how u talking this character has top make top 10 come final round, or all this will be for nothing. Goodluck man!

JDM

Noob
The only thing I got from this is how cute EMPR is to make sure to give each other a kiss good night before getting tucked in for bed. The feels start at 3:24
Not to mention it's online with one of the harder characters to play online. He literally missed b3 every time I seen him go for it. Also one round he just completely shuts down joker from fullscreen and he cannot do anything about it, lol. Joker top 10

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Alright bro, I'm done contesting it, I actually look foward to seeing u blow people minds with this new tech ur screaming about, seeing is believing..I'm sure u can understand the joker players confusion tho, in a tournament setting things are gonna get real hairy for Mr.J, at the end of the day like I always say...DONT LET THE JOKE BE ON U!, Would hate to see how 16 bit blows u up if he decides to do a stock thread once this tournament is over, and how u talking this character has top make top 10 come final round, or all this will be for nothing. Goodluck man!
Ill be boucning between Babs and joker in tourny. Nobody else.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
ho
mbf3 doesnt beat every wakeup, some can escape.

also, first we had the problem with being able to combo offa pushblock, that sorta was fixed, now we got the problem of comboing offa techthrows. NRS seems to have trouble making it so that characters with timed explosives arent capable of redonkulous things :I
how much damage does the average cyrax combo do?