What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So Joker is top 10 because he has resets that can be escaped, beaten, or blocked before they begin, or because all of this is dependent on the opponent being a house-plant while you do it?
Like Bane has stuff like this only like better, and is a better character overall, but I wouldn't put Bane in the top 10.

Not even your instant kill is instant since a lot of opponents will be able to invuln right through it since you aren't denying them any wake-ups.
Your "grab infinite" can be avoided simply by the opponent blocking the teeth after getting hit by the acid blossom (which, yes, they can do.) which your follow-up is a 23 frame overhead.
Your midscreen can be woken up out of by most of the cast, and yeah Mb f.3/b.3 doesn't beat everything. Most people have a way around or through it, if not just backdashing away.
Your j.1/j.3 high/lows aren't that hard to block either, in fact they have quite a bit of space between them.

Its like me saying
"Hey guys, Bane can instant kill on Wayne Manor (as well as most any other BGB stage, also it can't be escaped once it begins). Top 10!"
"Hey guys! Bane can sweet-spot the opponent to where they aren't able to jump away from his grabs (which he can). top 10!"
"Hey guys! Bane can loop b.1 on people and it can only be beaten by a 5 frame reversal attack or less. Top 10?"

Theres ways around all of it (barring the instant-kill), and its all too situational to be valid evidence. Trust me, if gimmicks was all you needed to be top 10, Bane would've been top 10 in May.

Unless you're secretly trolling in which case consider me baited and caught.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Sigh... most of this is techroll-able, which everyone does in this matchup....
AND WE DON'T DOWNPLAY. God damn, everyone has been telling us to drop the character while we've been saying he's probably somewhere in the mid tier. Not top 10 though kiddo.
Look child...
We know about the throw tech stuff. All they have to do is not tech the throw and you don't get the setup.
We know about his damage. But the teeth into poorly timed j3 setup you're doing is easy to block and get right out of. Only thing you're doing is getting some advantage in their face.
We know about his crazy interactable shit. There are several videos posted.
We know about the BGB stuff. It get's done all the time.
You're just posting a bunch of flashy stuff that people are gonna get wet over because they don't know anything about Joker, but this stuff doesn't work against good players that have Joker experience.
Neutral game is where he suffers and where he get's beat. You show me using him well in that capacity, then you'll have my respect.
Til then... stay in school... you little prick.
!!!

Great post man! :3

I did certain setups where even IF you tech roll, you still get caught. Shouldve did those first so I didnt have to hear another downplayer. And I have played many people that have such "Joker experience" and I can still go even with them. Your busy downplaying all this stuff yet you dont even know how I will incorporate it in real game. This is mainly just tech for jokers that may have not known. If you wanna fight MY JOKER, come see me.
lmaooo gettem fox!

Glass Sword

Nobody
You know. I think Check was the first person to make a bunch of high damage Joker swag combos that led into guaranteed resets. We before the great airport disaster of 2013.
So, his damage output is not new.

So im tired of all of these Joker downplayers calling him unviable, or sucks. Welp, enough of all of that shit. I am here to put ALL of you on blast. Joker is Top 10. Lets start with the first tech video.
YES. JOKER CAN INSTANT KILL YOU FREE AT IT ON CERTAIN STAGES. Sure I know some of you guys are going like "Pft, thats situational, hes still unviable."
Welp time to prove you wrong some more:
HE IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST DAMAGE OUTPUT CHARACTERS. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT. "Sure its just situational." Considering hes a setup character and he got 62% OFF A JI3, I don't want to hear how impractical this is.
If you still think thats not enough, check this out.
Yes. Take that in for a moment. It is a GRAB INFINITE. You are DAMNED if you do tech and you are DAMNED if you dont. He can continuously just set up teeth into grab all day and you arent going to do SHIT about it. Oh and he can do it midscreen too, its great. Look what can happen:
And for my last tech. Joker has instant overheads. ( I fucked this combo up with the instant ji1 into low teeth. It combos.) And he can cause an overhead low unblockable with this as well. He Can do a d1 into instant Ji2 for a free combo. Yes, everytime he d1s you, he gets a 50/50. Oh and I added some flavor in this tech :) Check this out:
So i dont want to hear SHIT abut joker players downplaying him. The only "unwinnable" which is 7-3 IMO for Joker is Zatanna. His neutral is technical, and is very hard. If you can't handle it, drop this character.
Credits to @AK Trepound380 Thanks for being SOOO patient with me lol
JOKERS BLOCK INFINITE TBA AFTER FINAL ROUND
Why is everyone already doubting Sonicfaux's statement about Joker being top 10 if the biggest thing in this thread is spelled with CAPITALS - and we haven't seen this block infinite yet to make any conclusions!!!???

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why is everyone already doubting Sonicfaux's statement about Joker being top 10 if the biggest thing in this thread is spelled with CAPITALS - and we haven't seen this block infinite yet to make any conclusions!!!???
Chances are it'll take a specific set-up, and it'll probably be able to be pushblocked out of which will prevent him from keeping it going.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Joker is shit,

A yolo player using him will def look strong because no one knows the match up.

I don't think we will see much of him at FR, it will be BatGirl if he wants to win. J3 can only take you so far.

Then again, D1~Arrow still works almost a year into the game, so people will probably just sit there and be like "omg fawx Joker so good, errrrone on blast" as he J3 B1's all over the damn place lol.

Joker is trash in 90% of his match ups

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Somehow, when I woke up today and decided to skip college, I knew it was because I had to choke a bitch/bith.

Video 1# Known, opponents who know the matchup block our tougher than earth shake setups and you think you'll catch people with that combo when you do b1 to teeth which in itself is punishable, wait a bit and then do J3 without being uppercut, poked or backdashed.

Video #3 Set computer to jump. Also congrats on sacrificing a combo which GUARANTEES a reset just to put them in a 33-33-33 which we also have midscreen and is avoided via jump, d2, d3 and not teching the throw which gives you nothing.

Video 4# Instant overhead into teeth combos after the string hits for 2 hits as soon as the string starts. That wasn't the J1 comboing FYI. Joker's instant J2 is his only instant overhead.

28 likes for telling us gimmicky shit we already knew and will probably work on random people who don't know the matchup.

And any mofo who posts "oh thank god, Joker was so bad otherwise" no he wasn't, you don't know SHIT of our character and come in OUR fucking forum to spew your bullshit ( not directed to fox, external downplayers ).

Qwark has spoken.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Somehow, when I woke up today and decided to skip college, I knew it was because I had to choke a bitch/bith.

Video 1# Known, opponents who know the matchup block our tougher than earth shake setups and you think you'll catch people with that combo when you do b1 to teeth which in itself is punishable, wait a bit and then do J3 without being uppercut, poked or backdashed.

Video #3 Set computer to jump. Also congrats on sacrificing a combo which GUARANTEES a reset just to put them in a 33-33-33 which we also have midscreen and is avoided via jump, d2, d3 and not teching the throw which gives you nothing.

Video 4# Instant overhead into teeth combos after the string hits for 2 hits as soon as the string starts. That wasn't the J1 comboing FYI. Joker's instant J2 is his only instant overhead.

28 likes for telling us gimmicky shit we already knew and will probably work on random people who don't know the matchup.

And any mofo who posts "oh thank god, Joker was so bad otherwise" no he wasn't, you don't know SHIT of our character and come in OUR fucking forum to spew your bullshit ( not directed to fox, external downplayers ).

Qwark has spoken.
I actually feel legitimately smart for already saying/knowing all of what you just said.
My time playing Joker has not been for naught. Haha.

Chances are it'll take a specific set-up, and it'll probably be able to be pushblocked out of which will prevent him from keeping it going.
Of course you can push block if it is on block. But block infinite also means you will have to do it every time he touches you blocking. I get that Bane doesn't need meter, but like no meter at all?You could push block prepatch F23 breath too, it wasn't even a block infinite ( well not for every character:)), but everyone still had problems with it to the point where it was patched. I say we wait and see if it is a legit infinite.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Of course you can push block if it is on block. But block infinite also means you will have to do it every time he touches you blocking. I get that Bane doesn't need meter, but like no meter at all?You could push block prepatch F23 breath too, it wasn't even a block infinite ( well not for every character:)), but everyone still had problems with it to the point where it was patched. I say we wait and see if it is a legit infinite.
Superman could super you if you pushblocked him pre patch, the hit box on F2 was dumb, so there isn't really a comparison here.

Superman could super you if you pushblocked him pre patch, the hit box on F2 was dumb, so there isn't really a comparison here.
LIke super ? the one that costs 4 bars? he could do it of course the whole match. His Super got patched as well, why then patch the advantage on Breath AND the range on F2. if the problem was that he could Super you if you pushblocked?????

Regardless, a legitimate block infinite is a very strong tool even acounting for a pushblock. That could make some match ups different.

Most of this stuff is on one specific stage so I'm not impressed, love this character and has taken the reigns as the joker of houston since cat stepped down, tho I only use the char in casuals, thanks 4 the knowledge fox, but I have to side with the joker community on this one, u have my blessing at FR if infact u do plan on using this char in tournament, u have a touch road ahead of u