What's new

Joker General Discussion Thread

DeftMonk

Noob
I suck so my opinion holds little weight but are people sleeping on V1? I know he doesn't get the set ups or the big combos like in the other variations but low shot gives some decent mix ups I feel. Plus ex low shot is so good at chip killing.
I dont think its bad at all.

Zviko

Noob
I just found this set up. It's nothing much, very specific. Basically a forward roll read which you don't have to read because you can react to it but in this case you get a combo from your setup. Fatal Blow cancel is irrelevant for it but it's actually amazing how you have just enough time at the end to still do a forward throw after to get a KB.

Zviko

Noob
Another good one is 121, F14, FB cancel, 21, DB4(close) amp. Beats everything except back roll but forward roll gets hit by DB4 so you don't have to worry about it. You do get hit by U3 though but still get a combo - 121, 21 into another set up or BF2 for damage. You can even side switch.

Damn he's so fun. :D

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
is the fatal blow cancel limited to be a one time thing or does it recharge afterwards?
edit/ it recharges

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
That fatal blow cancel best used to absorb wakeup imo. That way u can easily get KB throw if it’s a punish. Everyone gonna break that direction if fb on cooldown.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
With Sindel they also had that holiday premier tower running when she got her early release. I don't know, even though Joker has all his moves and everything, starting to feel as though he's incomplete cause I've done multiple towers with him and only receive augments. Been doing the tag assist towers to get brutalities and smiling indifference disguise to no avail

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I guess it’s still a bit early for me but idk I was just planning some stuff and hopped into KL..is it me or do some of his variation 1/strings seem a bit..telegraphed?

not sure yet might give the next variation a go but I noticed after either round 2 or set two any mo player worth a salt was blocking the strings

might need to just lan a bit more but for some odd reason..with this joker...I’m struggling to get things started

...just feels a little stiff to me in comparison to his IJ2 counterpart..

I guess it’s still a bit early for me but idk I was just planning some stuff and hopped into KL..is it me or do some of his variation 1/strings seem a bit..telegraphed?

not sure yet might give the next variation a go but I noticed after either round 2 or set two any mo player worth a salt was blocking the strings

might need to just lan a bit more but for some odd reason..with this joker...I’m struggling to get things started

...just feels a little stiff to me in comparison to his IJ2 counterpart..
I've noticed this too; some people just block the f14 mix every time, so you have to start changing it up with staggers and bf4 ender shenanigans to stay safe and annoying. Make sure you space this properly or it becomes -14; the jester head has to hit on the way down to be plus.
There's also auto shimmy, provided they fix his throw bug.

Rosie

Noob
How do we special move cancel our F32 Krushing Blow? Having Trouble getting that when the Krushing Blow animation plays

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
How do we special move cancel our F32 Krushing Blow? Having Trouble getting that when the Krushing Blow animation plays
You need to execute moments before the animation ends, when the head is at the lowest point. Try mash FB to undestanding the timing

Gaxkang

Banned
Boss towers are definitely giving out pretty much just augments for Joker. No brutalities, gear, skins or taunts.

Soooooo...content for him that can be unlocked is character towers, and like tag assist towers that give out gear.

Looks like they messed up somewhere heh

Last edited: