What's new

Joker General Discussion Thread

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
So is that Wheelchair move one of Joker's base moves? They showed it in the Kombat Kast, but never talked about it. I watched a video showing all of his abilities, but I don't believe I saw that. I saw the hostage hopping one, but I don't think the wheelchair one was there.

Ex version shows the body burning, I wonder if it has DoT

I wasn't looking forward to Joker, but the 3rd variation looks interesting. I like setting up area effects (like Kotal sunlight, Kano molotov, D'vorah bugs), and now there's an extra option for that approach. I'm glad to give up another cheapo 50/50 low/overhead for the boxing gloves.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
So is that Wheelchair move one of Joker's base moves? They showed it in the Kombat Kast, but never talked about it. I watched a video showing all of his abilities, but I don't believe I saw that. I saw the hostage hopping one, but I don't think the wheelchair one was there.

Ex version shows the body burning, I wonder if it has DoT
The wheelchair move is base I think, Ketchup and Mustard's channel has an in-depth breakdown video and the wheel chair move is a string (214 i think)

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Obv we need to see frames, but I really don't see how Batsy cancel in his 1st variation is useful at all. Whether he shoots or cancels, his animation of tossing the doll is the same. I don't see the point when they both seem to have the same recovery, but one has zero hitbox

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Obv we need to see frames, but I really don't see how Batsy cancel in his 1st variation is useful at all. Whether he shoots or cancels, his animation of tossing the doll is the same. I don't see the point when they both seem to have the same recovery, but one has zero hitbox
doesn't look useful, probably gonna just hold the gun to bait jumps like he always could since injustice 1

Zviko

Noob
I've done 2 towers on brutal difficulty and I got 2 augments. Does he not have brutalities to unlock? Because this has never happened before. You are supposed to get augments after you unlock every brutality.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I've done 2 towers on brutal difficulty and I got 2 augments. Does he not have brutalities to unlock? Because this has never happened before. You are supposed to get augments after you unlock every brutality.
It's random, I haven't got brutalities yet either but if memory serves, you get a couple in character towers.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Mad Man Joker combos cool. 1 bar 360? LoL. Getting Lit is also strong zoning and pressure tool. Need to discover more about this variation.

Zviko

Noob
It says brutality or augment, you're not guaranteed to get a brutality
I know it says that but I'm telling you this is how it used to work pre patch. Obviously it says that or augment but that's because eventually you unlock everything and it doesn't have anytning else to give you but augments.

Maybe they made it random now I don't know. But that sucks if they did cause this was literally the best thing they've done since release.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Corpse trot is so close to being broken overpowered, but the last hit whiffs if you duck or even duck block it so don't ever use it on block. It does, however, gives hella plus frames on hit and is a 0 meter combo starter/extender in the corner.

Low puppet is pretty stupid though. 21 has such good frame data on cancel that regular puppet is guaranteed (from slightly negative to slightly plus while jailing..) and you can just throw out amplified low puppet instead to catch people or do dumb chip damage. It gives aquaman trident rush vibes.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Lets get these Ace of Knaves/Variation 2 setups going!

123~DF3F, D1~DF3 Amp (168 damage with setup)

You have to do the far version of the DF3/Jumping Jester to get the launch you need, and you can do other specials besides DF3 for setup, such as the Amplified Jack in the Box which will hit meaty. There's different give and takes to what works and what doesn't work but the DF3 Amp/Jumping Jester setup can punish wakeups, jumps and backrolls. DF3 Amp doesn't hit meaty but close enough to matter.