What's new

Joker General Discussion Thread

Zviko

Noob
I'm convinced now that it's something wrong only with Joker's rewards. Because I tried brutal difficulty with 2 different characters and got brutalties for both on first try. I haven't got any with Joker in 4 tries and I even got augments where I should get skins. Also, where you get 2 skins as a reward, I got 2 of the same ones multiple times now. There's definitely something wrong with his rewards.

Edit: Also, his brutalities are "mortal" rarity in his character stages, not "mythic" like for everyone else. Maybe that's the problem.

Gaxkang

Banned
I'm convinced now that it's something wrong only with Joker's rewards. Because I tried brutal difficulty with 2 different characters and got brutalties for both on first try. I haven't got any with Joker in 4 tries and I even got augments where I should get skins. Also, where you get 2 skins as a reward, I got 2 of the same ones multiple times now. There's definitely something wrong with his rewards.

Edit: Also, his brutalities are "mortal" rarity in his character stages, not "mythic" like for everyone else. Maybe that's the problem.
Yup it's skimpy giving out gear or brutalities.

I'm on PC, dunno if it's same on console.

Gaxkang

Banned
So Joker's got a 7f D1. So in between.

Seems like he's got some good avenues into nice damage, even absent being good at comboing much.

I guess I'd be using V3 if I played online.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Variation system breaks my heart. I want to use the Boxing Glove launcher with the Box kick so bad. Seems like it'd be my perfect character.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
It really sucks that there are abilities like corps hop that are only in customs. When are they finally letting us use all abilities cause thats my biggest issue with this game.

Zviko

Noob
I think you can duck the last hit of 121, hence why it’s safe and the existence of 122 and 123
Yeah and 1 jails so easily and it's a 3 hit string so you have eternity to see if it hit or not and choose which ender to use. Very strong.
Variation system breaks my heart. I want to use the Boxing Glove launcher with the Box kick so bad. Seems like it'd be my perfect character.
Agree. I wish V2 had a parry or that it would just be a base move. It's the only reason I'm thinking about V1.

DeftMonk

Noob
i am raping fools in kl with second variation. Dont sleep on that db1 ex. I never use the db4 ex db1 catches jumpers and if it lands easy confirm into dash in 121.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Any good setups for V2? Seems whenever you land a 21 you can go into DB1 AMP and bait stuff to punish accordingly, and if they do nothing you get massive advantage

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Man, Joker has some great brutalities. Only have the ones from his Character Towers but Batter Up and Together Forever are great

DeftMonk

Noob
I have only played like 10 matches in KL so far cuz not much time and obviously i started at 0. Honestly the people i've played so far I coulda mopped wirth a char I barely play but I am real curious to see how var 2 works against someone who knows how to deal with waking up correctly.... With the same set up im doing honestly the only real safe wake up is roll back or delay. If they choose roll back the next time you can KB them but delay requires a different setup entirely( the combo im doing if you end it with the bomb it counters up 2 3 and u respond with throw to forward roll or mixup if they dont wake up/ 21 bomb if they woke up and got hit by bomb, If you read delay you dont end in bomb you end in f21 db1 to get damage and more +frames then do a bomb. Delayed WU then wakes up into this bomb setup.)

I honestly think variation 2 is hella good especially in the corner don't sleep on it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I suck so my opinion holds little weight but are people sleeping on V1? I know he doesn't get the set ups or the big combos like in the other variations but low shot gives some decent mix ups I feel. Plus ex low shot is so good at chip killing.