What's new

General/Other Joker Community Trait Buff Suggestions To NRS

Which of These Trait Changes Will Make Jokers Useful?

• Parry Grants Ability to MB teeth to make it Unblockable/Or Flower to grant a Combo.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
The Joker community has been brainstorming on how Joker can benefit from some tweaks, without making him overpowered.

The Main Issue at hand is His TRAIT of course...
Jokers trait suffers in comparison to other characters, and is hardly ever used at the time. The added timing on his HA is nice, BUT does not fix the main issue, which is landing the parry in the first place.

Other characters in the game have better parry's that are specials.

Batman - 1 frame parry, longer active frames, does more damage.
Killer Frost - 1 Frame, better active frames, can MB for a full Combo!
Wonderwoman- Can also get a combo off her parry

Joker gets 11% and a weak speed boost that's nearly noticeable, unless you get 2 parry's withing a 9 second window.
I added the most suggested fixes to his trait to make it useful in a actual match.
1. Increase active frames on parry, and reduce the recovery frames.
(Landing a parry is Very difficult at the time, making the buff on his HA's Irrelevant. increasing the active frames for the parry to connect while not adding too many recovery frames to whiff punish will help the trait the most. opponent can still punish a parry by doing the opposite attack of what the parry counters.)

2. Ability to Stock HA's, and activate the buffs when needed.
(being able to use HA's when needed can be useful for set ups)

3. Speed Boost on 1st parry HA,increased.
(making the HA on 1 parry more faster for it to be useful , as it is currently only noticeable on level 2 HA or higher)

4. Ability to MB a parry in order to gain a Combo.
( This will cost a meter, but grants joker the ability to get a combo follow up after making a parry read)​

5. Parry Grants ability to MB Teeth to make it Unblockable/ OR flower to grant a combo.
(either grants the ability to MB a teeth which cost a meter, to make it unblockable during the HA time, or Flower MB to stun opponents for a Combo)

6. HA Last the entire Round
(with this buff, the parry should probably remain the same, in order not to make it too easy to land a PArry)

Other than the Suggested Trait fixes, there are other issues in which Joker Suffers

Mids in 212, F232, whiffing on Certain characters.
B2 overhead is 25 frames gets no combo. a lil faster would make the move better , without being too good as he does not get combos like other characters (KF f3 for example) . most of jokers mixups are easy to fuzzy guard and reach too.

I'm sticking with the frames option. Overall might not be as damaging as Batman/KF, but might become more handy compared to the other two (Specially if can be used on certain blockstuns), and will be much easier to get HAs.

Reactions: Cat

laudanum09

Darling
I'm sticking with the frames option. Overall might not be as damaging as Batman/KF, but might become more handy compared to the other two (Specially if can be used on certain blockstuns), and will be much easier to get HAs.
That's how I voted too. What good is a HA if we can't get em? I did hesitate on #6 though.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I picked #1 although MBing parry would be cool. What's the use of anything except #1 if parry is hard as hell to time.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I went with the frame buff.. if its easier to land it will make it way useful, unless its made super punishable...

his trait should be a useful weapon for him... the MB for a combo is awesome, but again,, have to land the parry in the first place!

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I personally think joker is fine, I believe he kind of plays like chun does in sf4 with that whole poking and spacing thing going. It just doesn't really work in this game, at least right now. if the game was a little slower his trait would be gdlk in footsies. Problem with his trait is that it takes forever to start up, it doesn't work against jump ins, you have to know whether the attack is high or low, and you absolutely can not use it in strings against most of the more used characters. The damage it does and extending the effects doesn't mean anything if you can not land it. His trait is also not unique. It's been said here and other places that WW, BM, and KF have WAYYYY better parries. KF gets a freeze into reset/combo/whatever, BM gets damage and like a jump in or whatever he does, WW gets a damage buff AND a full combo, she can parry projectiles on top of that. If you pray to whomever you worship and land a Joker parry you get slightly faster for 9 seconds and do 11%. Which helps only slightly and does nothing to make him suck less in any of his match ups.

laudanum09

Darling
I personally think joker is fine, I believe he kind of plays like chun does in sf4 with that whole poking and spacing thing going. It just doesn't really work in this game, at least right now. if the game was a little slower his trait would be gdlk in footsies. Problem with his trait is that it takes forever to start up, it doesn't work against jump ins, you have to know whether the attack is high or low, and you absolutely can not use it in strings against most of the more used characters. The damage it does and extending the effects doesn't mean anything if you can not land it. His trait is also not unique. It's been said here and other places that WW, BM, and KF have WAYYYY better parries. KF gets a freeze into reset/combo/whatever, BM gets damage and like a jump in or whatever he does, WW gets a damage buff AND a full combo, she can parry projectiles on top of that. If you pray to whomever you worship and land a Joker parry you get slightly faster for 9 seconds and do 11%. Which helps only slightly and does nothing to make him suck less in any of his match ups.
So vote?

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I wouldn't be voting to increase start up time and or have it work against projectiles, so I am not. Everyone has their own views of how they want a character to be instead of what it is. Not that this isn't a good idea, but it will just be whoever has the most people that have a preference for something.

laudanum09

Darling
I wouldn't be voting to increase start up time and or have it work against projectiles, so I am not. Everyone has their own views of how they want a character to be instead of what it is. Not that this isn't a good idea, but it will just be whoever has the most people that have a preference for something.
huh? vote for whatever you like is what I meant unless you don't see an option you like.

Oogalord

Noob
i would play Joker more but there's nothing he's got that KF doesn't have better. increase the active frames on the parry, maybe bump the damage a bit. that shit should be active at least as long as KF's parry if it's his trait

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
Then just state what you would like
Decrease the start up time so you can then use it on reaction/ in strings. Nothing else matters. if it were faster it'd be easier to use. if it were easier to get ha's joker would always have a speed boost of some kind, making him that much more effective.

Hell, to fit in with NRS theme of "make everyone OP" why not drop it down to 0 frames instead of 1. got to be unique right? still have to guess high or low, still doesn't work against air attacks.

Edits: I've been saying increase the start up on it all night haven't I? I have a cold, it's the meds talking.

Reactions: Cat
I have an idea: why not a combination of 1, 4 & 6?

The real catch for the combination is that if you want to MB for a combo after a parry, you would lose a HA, however the HA's will stay for the entire game.

Collecting HAs would still give you the speed boost, and the parry has it's recovery and active frames buffed.

EDIT: ...Holy balls, on second thought, this might actually sound OP @.@