What's new

General/Other Joker Community Trait Buff Suggestions To NRS

Which of These Trait Changes Will Make Jokers Useful?

• Parry Grants Ability to MB teeth to make it Unblockable/Or Flower to grant a Combo.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nos99

Noob
The controls drive me crazy in this game. . The silly shortcuts are the worst IMO. Like when Ares teleports behind me and I react with c.1, I get the stupid high gas can, even though I'm holding the one direction the entire time.. drives me freaking CRAZY lol

I know I can switch to non-MK input style, but then all my b-f motions become strict 5-input half circles (no shortcuts here!) And for what reason? To troll me? Seriously, all it does is make it harder for me to use those moves, bur thats the penalty I have to pay if I want to avoid the silly shortcuts that were implemented to do nothing else but punish the street fighter player habit of always holding down-back while crouching. Honestly seems like nothing but a giant troll to me. Meh.

I'm not going to SF-style controls because theres no real benefit IMO.. I simply have to break the down-back habit. It's freaking hard after 15+ years of street fighter though heh.

laudanum09

Darling
The controls drive me crazy in this game. . The silly shortcuts are the worst IMO. Like when Ares teleports behind me and I react with c.1, I get the stupid high gas can, even though I'm holding the one direction the entire time.. drives me freaking CRAZY lol

I know I can switch to non-MK input style, but then all my b-f motions become strict 5-input half circles (no shortcuts here!) And for what reason? To troll me? Seriously, all it does is make it harder for me to use those moves, bur thats the penalty I have to pay if I want to avoid the silly shortcuts that were implemented to do nothing else but punish the street fighter player habit of always holding down-back while crouching. Honestly seems like nothing but a giant troll to me. Meh.

I'm not going to SF-style controls because theres no real benefit IMO.. I simply have to break the down-back habit. It's freaking hard after 15+ years of street fighter though heh.
I hear you, lol

I'm in the exact same boat, but I just think of it as something to adapt to. Come to the new general buffs thread and post some ideas there fellow SRK brah.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Running with what @RIF said in the other thread, something that helps him close gaps would go a long way to improving the character. Maybe drawing from the masochistic tendencies Joker often portrays, they could give him something similar to Doomsday- still takes full damage, but projectiles don't phase him as all. Keep the HA meter how it is, just have it tick down when activated (no need for a redesign in the aesthetic). Basically, it would work the same way as armor, but only against projectiles. Hell, even make MBs like batmans exploding batarang and GL blowing up the bullet still pop him up or slow him down or whatever. I think this would work really well with the flavor of the character (laughing when supes kills him in story, etc), compliment him really well in terms of his current flaws, and use mechanics that are already in the game to make it easy to pull off from a design prospective. What do you guys think?

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Running with what @RIF said in the other thread, something that helps him close gaps would go a long way to improving the character. Maybe drawing from the masochistic tendencies Joker often portrays, they could give him something similar to Doomsday- still takes full damage, but projectiles don't phase him as all. Keep the HA meter how it is, just have it tick down when activated (no need for a redesign in the aesthetic). Basically, it would work the same way as armor, but only against projectiles. Hell, even make MBs like batmans exploding batarang and GL blowing up the bullet still pop him up or slow him down or whatever. I think this would work really well with the flavor of the character (laughing when supes kills him in story, etc), compliment him really well in terms of his current flaws, and use mechanics that are already in the game to make it easy to pull off from a design prospective. What do you guys think?
Sounds pretty good actually, would help him deal with zoning.
But we can already to this to some extent with just dashing. His major issue is if you have air control and can his disable jump ins.
Think he would need just armour in general.

But yeah pretty cool idea, fits his character.

StevoSuprem0

Maybe even keep the parry and still gain HA's that way (capped at 3), but instead of the bullshit speed boost, you get this effect that lasts until the end of the round where the next time a projectile hits Joker it does damage but doesn't phase him, and you lose one HA. He can even laugh or something when it hits him. I think it would be pretty bad ass, fit him very well, and certainly still worse than Doomsdays trait which is similar, so not OP or anything. What do we think?

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Maybe even keep the parry and still gain HA's that way (capped at 3), but instead of the bullshit speed boost, you get this effect that lasts until the end of the round where the next time a projectile hits Joker it does damage but doesn't phase him, and you lose one HA. He can even laugh or something when it hits him. I think it would be pretty bad ass, fit him very well, and certainly still worse than Doomsdays trait which is similar, so not OP or anything. What do we think?

So after making a great read and taking the risk to parry an attack the only reward we get is 11% damage and 1 point of armor against projectiles? Still sounds pretty ass cheeks.

StevoSuprem0

Well if it were to be with the parry still, the parry would have to get the fixes that already have been discussed. I think it would be better just to activate rather than use the parry, but I feel like NRS isn't going to remove the parry, so I'm trying to think of alternatives. Maybe a successful parry stacking all 3 would make more sense? Not sure, just throwin out ideas. More interested in what everyone thinks of the projectile armor idea rather than parry issues (feel like we've been over that).

laudanum09

Darling
Well if it were to be with the parry still, the parry would have to get the fixes that already have been discussed. I think it would be better just to activate rather than use the parry, but I feel like NRS isn't going to remove the parry, so I'm trying to think of alternatives. Maybe a successful parry stacking all 3 would make more sense? Not sure, just throwin out ideas. More interested in what everyone thinks of the projectile armor idea rather than parry issues (feel like we've been over that).
1 parry = 3 Has, each HA lasts for 9 seconds or whatever the current time is, each HA has the strength of the current 3 HAs. Get rid of level 1 and 2 HA, pointless.

It really should have been like Flash's trait, just charges up over time. Or like Sinestros. The decision making here baffles me.

Nos99

Noob
So the new patch notes are out.. they buffed jokers parry in the most useless way posssible.

Are you even trying NRS? Because this just seems like a troll.

StevoSuprem0

So the new patch notes are out.. they buffed jokers parry in the most useless way posssible.

Are you even trying NRS? Because this just seems like a troll.

Well not quite. More active frames is a huge help, makes the timing less strict. I still don't think the HA buff is good... but I don't have alot of experience using it in matches so I could be wrong. The time it was up wasn't a big issue before (no one was consistently landing parries anyway), it was more just that the buff itself is lacking. But hey, at least we might have a viable parry now. Anyone know the active frame data on the other parries? Is Joker's on par there now?

laudanum09

Darling
Well not quite. More active frames is a huge help, makes the timing less strict. I still don't think the HA buff is good... but I don't have alot of experience using it in matches so I could be wrong. The time it was up wasn't a big issue before (no one was consistently landing parries anyway), it was more just that the buff itself is lacking. But hey, at least we might have a viable parry now. Anyone know the active frame data on the other parries? Is Joker's on par there now?

I too would like to know this.

we should just use this thread or the parry guide thread to discuss parry stuff. right now we've got like five parry discussions going on.

StevoSuprem0

Might be better off making a new one for post 1.05, as counter-productive as that might sound. This is the first patch on it that actually has an effect... lol.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Might be better off making a new one for post 1.05, as counter-productive as that might sound. This is the first patch on it that actually has an effect... lol.
Done. Go checj it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think Jokers trait should be able to be used as a reversal and a wake-up attack.

Nos99

Noob
A couple more active frames doesn't allow joker to parry anything he couldn't before.. it just means we can be sloppier with the execution. What if you already had good execution?

All it really means to me is that our weak reward of "faster jumps" for landing a parry now lasts longer if we land 2 or more parries.

...and then they go and buff everyones d.2 to counter our jumps?

C'mon. This shit is so weak.

Imo HAs are poorly designed. They should make you feel more powerful but by increasing jump speed and run speed they actually make you work harder in the sense you need a feel for 4 different jump arcs and run speeds and how they play into your entire skill set. That's on top of the fact that the buff isn't super powerful to begin with. It's a lot more difficult to translate HAs into actual damage increases than almost every other trait.

I think it would be cool if each HA reduced recovery frames of your moves so you could get longer/more damaging combos. Maybe that would be broken but it would be hype as hell. Imagine a caster actually saying something like "Batman has to be careful here, he doesn't want to give Joker a third HA."

laudanum09

Darling
they designed each character and then threw them all together, including the traits. it doesn't matter how many universal mechanics there are like armored b/f 3 or interactables, no one thought 'this is too strong' or 'this is too weak' when designing the game, its obvious, they went with what they thought was 'cool'. there's no way anyone making Joker's trait did it in consideration of the game's balance or his character's place in the overall 'ecosystem'. same goes for 90% of the traits in this game.

StevoSuprem0

It's a shame, because his trait needs a serious overhaul that I don't think NRS would be willing to do. Even if they make it a single level of HA that ticks down over time after a parry so that you don't need to pull off 3 parries and learn 4 different speeds of the characters jumping, it STILL isn't good as a buff compared to what other characters get. Needs a whole new mechanic and I don't see them doing that.
I think after Evo, it's time for a new buff ideas thread for post 1.05 Joker after a major tournament and such as a demonstration that he's still relatively weak. I hate making a bunch of them because it sounds like whining for buffs, but Joker is pretty much unanimously considered in the bottom 3, so I feel it's justified and the more we can propose and agree on improvements, the more likely we are to get them.

I think the biggest issue of this game is correct frame data. I can't build right strategy of this wiki shit! All difficult hits/cases should be verified 10 times... WTF??? Where is my lovely Somberness??? NRS shame on u!