What's new

General/Other Joker Community Trait Buff Suggestions To NRS

Which of These Trait Changes Will Make Jokers Useful?

• Parry Grants Ability to MB teeth to make it Unblockable/Or Flower to grant a Combo.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I hope these opinions don't fall on deaf ears. I'm right with you guys on the active frames. It takes too long to start up when being attacked. If you could use it inside a string it would be great. Strings that you should be able to parry consistently online don't work because it's too slow.

Reactions: Cat

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Well I dont think we need to MB a parry to grant a combo. No need to use MB, in my opinion we can use it in this way with MB. Like Kano in mk vs dc.
Some of your points needs to be considered.

1 And 4 for me.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
yeah i really hope the mid strings whiffig on some characters are a general fix.. as im sure mids arent suppose to whiff like that on crouching because they aren't high attacks

I still firmly believe it should also have a 1 frame startup, especially compared with KF who also gets a full combo off hers. Although I've chosen the first option I don't think HA's lasting the whole round would be too bad since it would be like Grundy's powerups except Joker gets speed.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I have a good feeling NRS will do something about the trait.
I hope so. I got to thinking about the trait buffs and it's really a simple fix. There's no real need to overcomplicate it with things like MB for a combo because he can't land the parry in the first place. I believe he would work like he was intended to if you could land the parry. A reasonable parry to land and the increased duration of the speed buff would help so much.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I chose the 2nd option, though I feel 1 & 2 would be better. Catwoman gets scratches and has five to use in combos or as a poke when she wants to use them.

Joker has to land a parry to make his trait work, whereas CW just has to do combos, etc to get her trait meter filled. Thus, by increasing active frames and decreasing recovery, it would make the trait useable. We should be able to choose when we use the speed boost. It would fit in with The Joker's wild, crazy play-style, making him more unpredictable. Bane can use Venom whenever he wants, DD can use his armor whenever, Sinestro, Lantern, Cyborg...

Every other member of the cast can CHOOSE when to use their trait. Why can't Joker? KF has a timer on hers, but she can "choose" by filling the meter to near-full and then fill it. HQ's may be random but she can still choose. Yes, Joker can choose when to parry, but I'm talking about the buffs his parry produces.
Truly, I feel 1 & 2 together would be the best, most-feasible option for The Joker's trait.

laudanum09

Darling
I voted 1 but I really want 1 AND 2 and I really hope NRS looks at more than just the top voted option.

If parry wasn't available with 3 HAs stacked and until they all drain, it would balance out having a strong parry and a long lasting speed buff.

laudanum09

Darling
Cat

What do you think about advertising for this on the main Injustice forum? Everyone knows Joker's parry is ass, even if its uninformed maybe it'd be good to get some traffic and votes to show NRS some numbers.

Reactions: Cat
1 and 2 are probably the best options (In my opinion). But still if you want HAs and that's his trait, he has to have certain advantage compared to other parries in the game, and so i believe option 1 has higher priority.

First fix the parry itself, and if the HAs (As how are now) still doesn't get the trait value because of it, then option 2 comes at hand to get more control.

laudanum09

Darling
1 and 2 are probably the best options (In my opinion). But still if you want HAs and that's his trait, he has to have certain advantage compared to other parries in the game, and so i believe option 1 has higher priority.

First fix the parry itself, and if the HAs (As how are now) still doesn't get the trait value because of it, then option 2 comes at hand to get more control.
Joker's parry is so weird. Is the parry his trait or the buffs he gets? Most people have traits that are solely buffs and Grundy seems to be the closest to Joker in terms of having both a trait as a special move and a buff.

I'd be happy with having a unique and strong parry is better and they should focus on that being his trait because no matter how HAs are buffed having a speed boost is still like low-tier on the list of property-boosts. Look at the benefits minus drawbacks of Bane, Superman, Raven, GL, Aquaman, etc. Speed buff is like still small fish if we had it for a full game compared to the cast so I think parry should be thought of as being primarily his trait.

I'd like to see its properties changed to be both a parry and a grab. If the opponent is in grab range, either attacking or not, and you hit trait button, you get a HA.

I'd like to see its properties changed to be both a parry and a grab. If the opponent is in grab range, either attacking or not, and you hit trait button, you get a HA.

That turns his trait in a toolbox for a single button press, hence too overpowered counting the HA reward (And get some Teeth setups since can interrupt most grabs). And as MetaSkipper said, Grundy already has the grab role in the trait.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Cat

What do you think about advertising for this on the main Injustice forum? Everyone knows Joker's parry is ass, even if its uninformed maybe it'd be good to get some traffic and votes to show NRS some numbers.
You could post the link to this thread on Injustice's Twitter feed. That's how the Bane mains got their attention. :3

That turns his trait in a toolbox for a single button press, hence too overpowered counting the HA reward (And get some Teeth setups since can interrupt most grabs). And as MetaSkipper said, Grundy already has the grab role in the trait.
How is a grab/parry+buff overpowered? Grundy has a grab that gives him a huge, permanent buff of his choice, is comboable, and does/adds 30% damage that can only be interrupted once per match via clash. How would a parry/grab that does ~10% damage and gives a temporary buff be too much by comparison?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
How is a grab/parry+buff overpowered? Grundy has a grab that gives him a huge, permanent buff of his choice, is comboable, and does/adds 30% damage that can only be interrupted once per match via clash. How would a parry/grab that does ~10% damage and gives a temporary buff be too much by comparison?
You're not a grappler.

Grundy is.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
The activating of the HAs when you want them would be cool- kinda like Flash's trait, but you have to work for it. I think it's a given that the startup frames need to be faster and the active frames need go be longer since no other changes matter without these. I think if I were to rework this trait I would want the frame increases, and only one HA level that you get from it that is between the boost from 2 and 3 HAs currently. Maaayyybe add something a little more to it like a slight damage boost, tweaking what some of the specials do to make them more effective, or something like that just to make it a bit more than just a speed boost (unless the boost opens you up to new combo potential then it'd be fine e with just the frame fix and such). So I'm in for a mix of 1, kinda 3, and parts of 5 in a sense.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't understand why people prefer the parry to have more use as one. So you guys just want another fix "buff" patch?

Getting a combo off of parry means that some characters can't use their main strings to rush him down and have to find other ways to pressure him. Imagine getting a 40% combo off of someone going for a D1 after a frametrap or a string like GLs B13.

laudanum09

Darling
I don't understand why people prefer the parry to have more use as one. So you guys just want another fix "buff" patch?

Getting a combo off of parry means that some characters can't use their main strings to rush him down and have to find other ways to pressure him. Imagine getting a 40% combo off of someone going for a D1 after a frametrap or a string like GLs B13.
That's 11% of the people who voted, so no, 90% don't want that at all.