What's new

Breakthrough Joker 100% reset in the corner 1/2 bars

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
So if Shazam just blocks high then he's good?
No lol. It's a guessing game. If you just block high, then you are standing in a teeth/mb f3 if Joker guesses that you're not going to teleport, and the teeth will catch you if the overhead/low is timed right.

SZSR

Noob
No lol. It's a guessing game. If you just block high, then you are standing in a teeth/mb f3 if Joker guesses that you're not going to teleport, and the teeth will catch you if the overhead/low is timed right.
No... i'm saying after the teleport, Shazam blocks high. I get that a jump back 2 or 3 can catch Shazam out of the recovery frames of teleport.

StevoSuprem0

No... i'm saying after the teleport, Shazam blocks high. I get that a jump back 2 or 3 can catch Shazam out of the recovery frames of teleport.
I don't get what we're talking about anymore, so I'm just going to outline the entire situation.
Joker combos you in the corner and ends in a 213 to produce a longlasting hard knockdown, then throws teeth. His options against Shazam are to MB f3/crossup j2 at you while you are getting up in the teeth to produce an "unblockable" if Shazam doesn't teleport, or read that he is going to teleport, and jump back 2 to catch Shazam while he recovers from the teleport, at which point he can full combo punish him, and put him back in the corner with that combo.
Basically, it's a 50/50 against Shazam. Is that clear?

SZSR

Noob
I don't get what we're talking about anymore, so I'm just going to outline the entire situation.
Joker combos you in the corner and ends in a 213 to produce a longlasting hard knockdown, then throws teeth. His options against Shazam are to MB f3/crossup j2 at you while you are getting up in the teeth to produce an "unblockable" if Shazam doesn't teleport, or read that he is going to teleport, and jump back 2 to catch Shazam while he recovers from the teleport, at which point he can full combo punish him, and put him back in the corner with that combo.
Yeah, that's fine.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Honestly, jump back 2 is what I would usually do in this situation (Well, actually I avoid this situation and always go with OTG resets against Shazam, but yeah...). If you read the teleport, then free full combo. If you guessed wrong and he does another wakeup, then the teeth punish the command grab and you land fast enough to punish the torpedo (Although he does get out of the corner). If he decides not to wake up, then he has to block teeth, leaving you at massive frame advantage and allowing you to pressure him in the corner again. If he wakes up with a jump, land and do a D2.

Jumping back after the teeth essentially allows you to react to what he does.

StevoSuprem0

Honestly, jump back 2 is what I would usually do in this situation (Well, actually I avoid this situation and always go with OTG resets against Shazam, but yeah...). If you read the teleport, then free full combo. If you guessed wrong and he does another wakeup, then the teeth punish the command grab and you land fast enough to punish the torpedo (Although he does get out of the corner). If he decides not to wake up, then he has to block teeth, leaving you at massive frame advantage and allowing you to pressure him in the corner again. If he wakes up with a jump, land and do a D2.

Jumping back after the teeth essentially allows you to react to what he does.
Yup. I guess I just wasn't getting that across lol.

StevoSuprem0

I don't get it then, it's not a 50/50?
It's a 50/50 in that you have to guess on how to get out of the reset. The jump back option still leaves you sitting in the corner at a disadvantage even if you guess correctly. Just sit in the teeth blocking low, then react to what Joker does to use that advantage. It becomes a frame trap, but better than eating another 30-40% and having to guess on another reset. Not saying it's ideal or easy, but that's what makes a Joker with good matchup knowledge so dangerous in the corner.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Red Hood joker would be the main reason why I would konsider picking him up but I don't have it.

PS: I somehow doubt he's more technical than what I've already experienced from my characters.
Like I said, you're free to play him. He requires the most MU xp than anyone in the game.
DS should be able to escape it with his swordflip am i right?
No, you can MB F3 through it all of DS's wakeups.

You know the more tech you and Qwark28 put out gives me the impression NRS wanted a character that would have traits similar to Cyrax and Sub-Zero.
Qwark would probably disagree with that point in terms of Sub-Zero, but I see what you mean. People have been saying he's a shitty Cyrax since the game came out. It's hard to compare him to either of them to me, since he has some similar ideas, but a bunch of his own tools in a game that's not terribly similar. I wish people couldn't just walk over teeth, as if they were ice clones (like a proximity pop feature; woulda been sick). I like his design overall, I just think they fell short in some imaginative senses.... *coughTRAITcough*.
Teeth are like clones and potential bombs, clones at first, possibly bombs. People try to jump away from the bombs while not thinking of backdash and you clip em with J3.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Like I said, you're free to play him. He requires the most MU xp than anyone in the game.
I think Arrow and Ares require quite a bit of match up experience. Like knowing when to load arrows, when you kan safely shoot them. Ranges. etc.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
That is still nothing compared to what Joker requires but to each his own.
Now I'm starting to have a feeling we're both underestimating the amount of work we have to put in. I wrote it the simplest way I thought in order to ease the conversation, but it doesn't mean it's that simple to practice and figure it out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I know my own too.. But I meant that we both don't understand each other's..
My point being that I know how much matchup, hitbox and individual hitbox properties I need to know with Joker that it reaches a ridiculous lvl compared to other characters who might also be considered technical in this came but not come close to how Joker is.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
My point being that I know how much matchup, hitbox and individual hitbox properties I need to know with Joker that it reaches a ridiculous lvl compared to other characters who might also be considered technical in this came but not come close to how Joker is.
Same with Arrow. He's simple at first glance but the fact that Arrow's don't kome out so fast and he has to find ways to load them makes him more match up specific. Pushback changes on opponents, depending on whether they are krouching or standing, and because of their hitboxes in general. In a lot of instances it gets overwhelming because there's a lot of characters that just happen to be exceptions to the rule.

That koupled with his general execution (Try doing Wall Bounce into B3) and he begins to show more of his depth.

StevoSuprem0

Every character has their intricacies and difficulties. I think the raw number of different situational conversions and general timing on alot of his setups and links are a bit harder than most in this game based on my experience with other characters and from what other people that I have discussed it with have said. That said, who cares? This argument is essentially just saying "my character is harder to play than your character, na na na na." Kudos, but everyone is entitled to a different opinion, and some people are better at certain things than others. Agree to disagree, and keep rockin' shit with whatever you enjoy most.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i just started to pick up joker and i been putting almost all my time in him so i dropped GL and bane for now just to put work into joker and he is a very good character and thank you for the 100% combo i need something like this but Joker might be hard to learn but it is worth the wait of being good with him and if you are a player who downplays him then you have more to learn with the joker to me he is very good just got to think stright with him and make good reads and work hard in some MU's but you can win with him no matter then MU