What's new

Breakthrough Joker 100% reset in the corner 1/2 bars

Gilbagz

Joker here~
No biggie. I'll just stick with the doing it without the j2 in locals/tourneys for now lol. 2% less damage, a little less wall carry, but a whole lot more consistent.
I love when I accidentally drop it after the f23 xx teeth too, because if they aren't mashing techroll, they are in a really decent teeth setup that they need to have a solid wakeup to escape. Always good when mistakes make you look like you're being tricky.
LOL yeah, alot of stuff with joker tends to end up like that
dropped strings into teeth seem to always have meaty properties :L
AMERICAN RESETS!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Grundy's WCC can blow up the MB f3, but if you do the crossup j2, either his inputs will be reversed and you'll catch him, or he will WCC further than your jump (he walks into the wall and you land behind him), which allows you to full combo punish. If you always go for the j2, he can do a reversed anti-air grab, but the teeth will explode, and you will both fall down, with Joker standing up first with a very slight advantage (I think). All in all, still not fun for him and requires high knowledge/execution to escape, but he deals with it better than a decent number of characters.
WCC will go into the corner

Hey guys, heres the combo for the longest wall carry, damage and otg
the execution is pretty high up there but can be learnt like the d2 teeth j2 combo
this is awesome

at first i thought i saw a gameboy

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
SF4s unblockables are technically blockable too.
i mean u'd have to be able to tell which move hits first to know the order in which to block, and i thought in this game that if a low and overhead hit at the same time, that its treated as a mid for some reason.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i mean u'd have to be able to tell which move hits first to know the order in which to block, and i thought in this game that if a low and overhead hit at the same time, that its treated as a mid for some reason.
Only if it's unblockable, this is why we leave a frame or two open for block, same thing with SF4 unblockables.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
@Qwark28, did you see the j3 corner combo into this that I posted earlier in the thread? It got kinda lost lol. Just wanna make sure you're aware that you can get it in that situation as well. Post #58.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
If Joker is downplayed, it is certainly not by us. We've been saying for a while Joker is not as bad as people think, everyone goes like " hurr durr, i win vs joker automaticly" and we've been saying we don't have that many 7-3s or lose to so many characters.

And you guys are a part of that, you guys had to wait until this tech was found to say "Joker is not that bad" when we've been saying it all this time and noone believed us.

And this is exactly why I'm going to EVO.
I hope you do well. I'll be rooting for you.

I played an incredible Joker online about 2 months ago that changed my mind on the character. After that, and playing EMP_Max's Bane when everyone thought Bane sucked...I've decided you cant count any character out in this game. No character is free, just the person playing them.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28
You might know this already, but just in case, here is a SHKD off of a j3 in the corner. Might not be optimized, but just showing proof of concept.
Had heard of it but didn't get the tag, for some reason I haven't gotten at least 4-5 tags today, awesome combo, will definitely get it down.

E

Eldriken

I hope you do well. I'll be rooting for you.

I played an incredible Joker online about 2 months ago that changed my mind on the character. After that, and playing EMP_Max's Bane when everyone thought Bane sucked...I've decided you cant count any character out in this game. No character is free, just the person playing them.
I used to think Joker was a joke. Then I ran into someone who knew what the hell they were doing and got me into the corner. Yeah...my mind changed about Joker that day. I don't remember who it was 'cause it was a few months ago, however. But still, if I come across a good Joker player, I know I'm in for a rough ride if they somehow manage to get me into the corner. >_<

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I used to think Joker was a joke. Then I ran into someone who knew what the hell they were doing and got me into the corner. Yeah...my mind changed about Joker that day. I don't remember who it was 'cause it was a few months ago, however. But still, if I come across a good Joker player, I know I'm in for a rough ride if they somehow manage to get me into the corner. >_<
The corner, and wall bounce situations against Joker make me want to put my controller down.

StevoSuprem0

Had heard of it but didn't get the tag, for some reason I haven't gotten at least 4-5 tags today, awesome combo, will definitely get it down.
Word. Might be able to squeeze more damage out of the initial part, but j3 d2 combos scale fast as hell, so I kinda doubt that you'd still produce the SHKD if anything else were to be added.

StevoSuprem0

In which case, you gotta make the read and jump back to catch him.
Makes it a 50/50; sit and block low or wakeup teleport, while Joker either jumps back to get you or reads that you won't and resets you.