What's new

Breakthrough Joker 100% reset in the corner 1/2 bars

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Have you tried it with Arrow or are you just judging without testing?
I have actually, when I get bored and play other characters (Like Arrow) for kicks. This is also not specific to GA at all.

Did you perhaps mean doing a double B3 after a Super, which isn't that hard either but does actually require a specific timing? If not I don't see where the difficulty lies... You can literally hold back and mash the heavy button.

rehti

Noob
Honestly, jump back 2 is what I would usually do in this situation (Well, actually I avoid this situation and always go with OTG resets against Shazam, but yeah...). If you read the teleport, then free full combo. If you guessed wrong and he does another wakeup, then the teeth punish the command grab and you land fast enough to punish the torpedo (Although he does get out of the corner). If he decides not to wake up, then he has to block teeth, leaving you at massive frame advantage and allowing you to pressure him in the corner again. If he wakes up with a jump, land and do a D2.

Jumping back after the teeth essentially allows you to react to what he does.
How do you punish the torpedo? On block, the only thing I found is acid blossom...

Fromundaman

I write too much.
How do you punish the torpedo? On block, the only thing I found is acid blossom...
B1>Anything you want, I usually cancel into crowbar.

I don't remember if 11 hits or not either; I have B1 punish engrained into muscle memory so hard I keep forgetting to test that. If standing 1 does work then you can full combo punish.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
B1>Anything you want, I usually cancel into crowbar.

I don't remember if 11 hits or not either; I have B1 punish engrained into muscle memory so hard I keep forgetting to test that. If standing 1 does work then you can full combo punish.
Depends on how he spaces out the torpedo. He can make it completely safe if done correctly, but I think the spacing only allows for a b1 regardless.
Also, it doesn't have a huge amount of priority, so you can jump back + 3 it on reaction with a little practice. Not sure if a follow up d2 connects or not because of the backward momentum (I think not), but you can at least get teeth out and force him to make a move.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well, he has to start the torpedo at point blank range to be safe from the B1 punish.

That said depending on where he is torpedoing from and whether or not he MBs it, punishing with J3 won't always work, though it is another useful option.

Personally I still prefer B1>Crowbar, but if you can consistently J3 him out of it, then that works.

StevoSuprem0

Well, he has to start the torpedo at point blank range to be safe from the B1 punish.

That said depending on where he is torpedoing from and whether or not he MBs it, punishing with J3 won't always work, though it is another useful option.

Personally I still prefer B1>Crowbar, but if you can consistently J3 him out of it, then that works.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure almost full screen torpedo's aren't punishable though (they are less negative on block). @ISF_AWG_Indecisive can you confirm?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Do you mean when he starts it next to you and ends it full screen? If so then no, those aren't punishable.

If you meant starting them full screen and ending next to you, then those are punishable the way I mentioned.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yeah. I'm pretty sure almost full screen torpedo's aren't punishable though (they are less negative on block). @ISF_AWG_Indecisive can you confirm?
Max range torpedo is basically what i say when im at the farthest point away from you after the torpedo. It is punishable by some of the cast but not all of the cast. Like only a few character can get a punish. If the torpedo ends right next to you punish it the entire cast can.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I have actually, when I get bored and play other characters (Like Arrow) for kicks. This is also not specific to GA at all.

Did you perhaps mean doing a double B3 after a Super, which isn't that hard either but does actually require a specific timing? If not I don't see where the difficulty lies... You can literally hold back and mash the heavy button.
Double B3 after Super is way easier than B3 after Background Bounce... Seriously, try it. (With Arrow, not some other character)

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I think his b3 is 4 frames faster but he does step forward. Also some backgrounds like hall of justice plaza and fortress of solitude offer WAAAY more time than others. Ones like themyscira or watchtower are hard if not impossible for some characters. Bane also has a tough time with a lot of them

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Double B3 after Super is way easier than B3 after Background Bounce... Seriously, try it. (With Arrow, not some other character)
Ahhhh... Your previous post mentioned Wallbounce into B3, hence why I said that.

That said that's a thing several characters have. I will try it with Arrow tomorrow though, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

That said I honestly doubt it's anywhere near as hard as the combo Gilbagz put up in here.

EDIT: Huh, I admit it's trickier than I thought, but it only took 4 tries XD

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ahhhh... Your previous post mentioned Wallbounce into B3, hence why I said that.

That said that's a thing several characters have. I will try it with Arrow tomorrow though, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

That said I honestly doubt it's anywhere near as hard as the combo Gilbagz put up in here.
What kombo??

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
@Qwark28 @StevoSuprem0 @Fromundaman @OnlineRon91 This might sound crazy, but I have had this ridiculous notion about the joker ' s trait playing a large part in the to how he is meant played. @Qwark28 and @Gilbagz have given us some crazy tech and @StevoSuprem0 has given a lot of influence on frame info. All of these amazing breakthroughs have been achieved without joker's trait even being used. maybe I am chasing dragons in my theory, but i am compelled to think that the trait, in itself, may open up a whole new world of options. 3 Ha's is ridiculous, I've never found a use for it other than to go ham with J3 and j2. 1 Ha is unnoticeable, but 2 Ha seems like it could offer something. There has to be something there.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I pretty much use trait as a momentum shifter now if I'm being pressured. I've also used it here and there just to make the opponents think twice about throwing stuff at me (People seem to respect it way more than they should once they see it used, or at least my scene does.).

These occasions are few and far between though. I would welcome better trait usage.

StevoSuprem0

Other than during a few strings by a few characters that have holes where you can parry, following some things when I'm expecting a punish, and when I have a really good read on the opponent, I haven't found a whole lot of use for it. I like it when fighting Doomsday because it can be used to counter d1's when you know they are coming and it works against his Venom charge, which is pretty easy to do. Also against Superman when I'm having trouble getting him off from corner pressure and don't wanna waste a bar, but it's risky and requires a good read. There are certain times where you are at a good amount of disadvantage where it can be good to use (following a blocked crowbar, which is -4, for instance).
The problem is the risk reward factor; your risking getting full combo punished in most cases over 11% damage and a useless buff; you only gain 11 frames of advantage knocking someone down with a successful parry as well, which isn't enough to do anything useful with in pretty much any matchup except maybe throw teeth and see what they do on wakeup. In most cases, that juice is not worth the squeeze, and it's better to back dash, jump, or block depending on the situation, because you are potentially opening the opponent up to a better punish while incurring the same risk yourself.
The only thing that thing about Joker's parry that is kinda handy is the fact that you can option select it (hold back and mash parry) when you are executing it in a tight window. If it doesn't activate, then you are still just blocking so you're fine, and if it does, parry. This is only useful, though, because they never made it usable as a wakeup/reversal like they should have.... sooooo... yeah.
Anyways, that's how I see parry right now. Take it or leave it.

rehti

Noob
I like to use parry vs player that always start the game the same way like WW with her B2-3. If you do a set of Bo5 for instance, once you noticed she already started the game twice with the same thing, you can therefore mash parry and you will get the 1st hit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I like to use parry vs player that always start the game the same way like WW with her B2-3. If you do a set of Bo5 for instance, once you noticed she already started the game twice with the same thing, you can therefore mash parry and you will get the 1st hit.
Or you could D2 and get a full combo instead.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I dedicated a lot of time trying to find out ways to abuse the buff and haven't gotten much result. I've come to the conclusion that the speed boost is only meant to provide just that, speed.

If the speed boost provided also benefited attacks, or even just a few attacks then it would be interesting. Not even his forward and back dash get any love though.

I don't mean to be a downer, I wish there was something though :(

StevoSuprem0

Or you could D2 and get a full combo instead.
What's your go to conversion off a grounded d2 at that range? I feel like it's too risky to go for an RLG because you can't hit confirm and that uber punishable. I think I usually just do d2 j2 11 crowbar or something.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What's your go to conversion off a grounded d2 at that range? I feel like it's too risky to go for an RLG because you can't hit confirm and that uber punishable. I think I usually just do d2 j2 11 crowbar or something.
Either J2 32 flower or 2 crowbar. MB RLG is indeed a no go.

If you know you might somehow not connect the jump in then you can do D2 gunshot cancel d1/b1 flower.