What's new

Breakthrough Joker 100% reset in the corner 1/2 bars

rehti

Noob
But D2 is not the good for every matchup... what do you do when they Ji but go so high it makes the D2 whiff? I think its the case for Superman, Zod and Batman... Do you Ji1 or do something else like backdash vs these characters?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
It's best to just adjust your timing for the d2 in those matchups. It still works, you just need to teach yourself to change speeds based on the matchup, which is annoying, but Joker isn't the only character that has to do this.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
For Batman I've taken to doing jump back 3, but for Superman and Zod D2 is still very effective, just slightly different timing.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Having trouble executing the first part of this combo, more specifically the j2 teeth before the the 21 teeth. Is there a specific timing that I am missing? When @Qwark28 first posted this I got it 2 out of 10 times. I feel like I can't find the perfect balance between too early and too late. Maybe I just need to keep grinding out the training and it will all fall into place.

StevoSuprem0

The input for the first part (just in case there's confusion) is j2, 32 xx MB RLG, d2 xx teeth, j2, teeth, 213 -> teeth, MB f3 or crossup j2.
The timing for the j2 is a little strict, but you'll get it down with time. I do it by just holding up after tossing the teeth before it and tapping 2 as soon as I see myself leave the ground. It's pretty engrained in my muscle memory at this point, so I generally don't drop it. The 213 timing is also very strict to produce a truly super hard KD; you have to wait a moment before inputing it, otherwise they tend to fall faster and stand up quicker, not letting you get the setup properly. The MB f3 is a little tricky too. My trick there is either hitting it as the teeth touch the ground, or hitting it while the teeth are falling and holding it slightly. Doing one of these two things is important to make it as near unblockable as it can be. Otherwise, it's pretty easily blocked by your opponent like an earthshaker, especially if they have MU experience. Hope this helps.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Thanks. I think I just keep mashing the j2 which causes a 2 to come out instead of teeth. I think I just need to get more familiar with my fight stick. I tried this with the controller and the inputs just felt sluggish and muddy. Thanks again, gonna grind it out over the weekend

StevoSuprem0

JUST LET ME RECORD SHIT FOR YOU LOL. I'll send it to you and you can do your own voice overs.