What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
if your not using Stunt Double Johnny , youre doing it wrong...

full screen F3's with his Stunt Double? errrrrmaahhhhgerrrrd

Last edited:
So in Stunt Double, Cage gets his Shadow Uppercut that he had in previous games? I saw the after image do it and I think they said he's able to use it in that variation as well.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Stream has shitload of info:

F3 confirmed!
B3 confirmed!
Uberannoying corner combos confirmed!
Nut punch reset confirmed!
Instant armored full screen EX shadow kick confirmed!

JANNNYYYYCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAIIIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CONFIRMEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, while I like him overall and his moves are cool, I don't care for his character model. He looks shorter and stockier than his MK9 iteration, and it looks a bit too douchey. Then again, that may well be the point, so good on NRS, if that's the case.

M.D.

How broken he is will be irrelevant since Kung Lao and Raiden will be at least 10 times more broken than that.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
nah. id worry more about fisticuffs.
This man is right, fisticuffs has f33b3 style mix ups with massive chip damage, not to mention Im told that Cage has an overhead starter so you pretty much forced to stand during his mix ups or eat an overhead into nut punch

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Calling it now, people are going to be using cage and scorpion the first few weeks of the games life till he gets nerfed

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Is it me or his jumps were very slow, like he were floating in air :confused:. I mean compared to the others shown so far.

M.D.

Any time someone mentiones Johnny is OP or overused, I shall be there to remind the world of Kung Lao.
No matter how many times I have to say it :)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
so does he do more damage with less health or more damage with a full meter i was having technical difficulties for that part of the stream.
When his health is in "danger" area, he doesn't do "increased damage" per say....but his specials are auto Ex for free, his throw is different and does more damage, he also has a repetitive punching string that never ends, seems like lol

Status
Not open for further replies.