What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
We all knew it was coming, Hollywood him-self has arrived.

Incase you Missed the reveal trailer, here it is.

JOHNNY CAGE VARIATIONS

Fisticuffs: (Gold 'CAGE' knuckle-dusters)
Adds Fist Bump and Flashy combos and normal attacks.

Stunt Double: (Green tinted sunglasses)
Adds the ability to create Stunt Double Mimic moves.

A-List: (Black forearm bandages)
Can Charge Normal and Special moves for increased damage.

SELECT SCREEN ANIMATIONS
  • Johnny makes a camera frame gesture with his hands at the opponent and says 'Erm... No!"
  • As the characters walk away from one another, Johnny shouts "Call me!"
UNIVERSAL SPECIALS
  • Low Forceball
  • High Forceball
  • Nut Breaker
  • Shadow Kick
  • Rising Kick
X-RAY MOVE

Johnny begins by delivering a crushing roundhouse kick to the opponents jawbone, following it up by grabbing their head and smashing it into his rising knee and finishes off with a backwards somersault flip kick into the neck of the opponent, shattering their spine.

FATALITY

Johnny Cage first plunges his hands into the opponents chest and breaks apart their ribcage, he then thrusts his hands outwards and pops his head through the torn cavity and shouts 'HERE'S JOHNNY!" - he then pulls his head back out as the opponent slumps to the ground bleeding profusely.

WIN POSE

Johnny whips a pen out from his vest pocket, removes the pen-lid with his teeth, takes out a black and white photograph of himself, autographs it and quips "I'd frame that" to the opponent, then drops the photo to their body and crosses his arms,

Last edited:

[me]

Noob
If he is playable, I think Johnny will be based on Green Lantern's gameplay. He can master green energy and beating everyone with energetic Nutpunch HOOOOOOOO!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I said this in nearly everything mentioned with Johnny im willing to Wager JC is gonna have a V-Ism variation

think about the tech and combo's if they make it right

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Johnny is Raiden's champion
Raiden's champion defeated Shinnok
Players want to defeat Shinnok
Raiden's champion = playable
Johnny Cage = playable

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I posted this in another thread but here are my ideas on his variations:

Johnny Cage has a lot of potential for three variations.

Universal Moves
ForceBalls (High and Low)
Shadow Elbow (His "Shoryuken")
Shadow Kick
Nut Punch

The Cage
: Johnny Cage as we know him. Rushdown style, with his juggles that lead into Nut Punch to keep them standing.

Earthrealm Champion: His training in the realm of order, Seido, allows him to augment his force abilities, giving him greater control over his force balls. He gains access to aerial forceballs, and a ground forceball (Like Kabal's saw throw).

Showtime: With his martial arts training, and flair for a good show, Johnny Cage is able to use weapons such as the bo staff and the Nunchaku. His moveset has been modified to include these assets for his fighting.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm fine with Johnny Cage being in. A long time ago, who used to be my favorite (until I started playing as Sub-Zero...). He's a classic, he was one of the two surviving Earthrealm warriors in MK9, he has a pretty good fanbase, so he deserves to be in. I'm interested in seeing what they do with him in MKX, especially his variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.