What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Man, I can't wait to see him in motion! I hope, now that he's the champion of earthrealm, he's a bit more serious but at the same time still the douchey dork we have come to love.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I know it's probably not going to happen because Cassie already showed off a shadow kick.

But man, I really hope Johnny's shadow kick has more of a pronounced after image effect.
Maybe not as a crazy as the 2D ones, but MK9's effect was way too subtle IMO.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I know it's probably not going to happen because Cassie already showed off a shadow kick.

But man, I really hope Johnny's shadow kick has more of a pronounced after image effect.
Cassie's shadow kick is really just a nod to Johnny though, it's not even a special move, just the end of a string. I'm pretty sure shadow kick will be one of his universal special moves.

Hehateme

Noob

I wonder of all his moves will just be red now to show off how strong he's gotten

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I posted this in another thread but here are my ideas on his variations:

Johnny Cage has a lot of potential for three variations.

Universal Moves
ForceBalls (High and Low)
Shadow Elbow (His "Shoryuken")
Shadow Kick
Nut Punch

The Cage
: Johnny Cage as we know him. Rushdown style, with his juggles that lead into Nut Punch to keep them standing.

Earthrealm Champion: His training in the realm of order, Seido, allows him to augment his force abilities, giving him greater control over his force balls. He gains access to aerial forceballs, and a ground forceball (Like Kabal's saw throw).

Showtime: With his martial arts training, and flair for a good show, Johnny Cage is able to use weapons such as the bo staff and the Nunchaku. His moveset has been modified to include these assets for his fighting.

I've never mained Cage, but I can't help but say this would be pretty sweet!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

Yeah i said a few times before but fuck it ill say it again lol

I think they could give JC the V-Isn variation from SF3:Alpha.

but where is shadows actually have a hitbox so if the op jumps over your Shadow kick the will land on 1 of the shadows and get domino'd straight back to the front.

Im thinking of him being able to have like 5 out at once but he needs to do something to activate each one, when he uses a special move he loses a Shadow or something like that.

maybe the ability to use them in normals my MB's the normal or string.

For his special moves have the ability to delay a Shadow by MBing it.
Combo possibilities be endless

for those who dont know what i mean by V-ism check this

now im not talking about the normals to juggle you like that im on about the shadows being the hit op like in this video

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah i said a few times before but fuck it ill say it again lol

I think they could give JC the V-Isn variation from SF3:Alpha.

but where is shadows actually have a hitbox so if the op jumps over your Shadow kick the will land on 1 of the shadows and get domino'd straight back to the front.

Im thinking of him being able to have like 5 out at once but he needs to do something to activate each one, when he uses a special move he loses a Shadow or something like that.

maybe the ability to use them in normals my MB's the normal or string.

For his special moves have the ability to delay a Shadow by MBing it.
Combo possibilities be endless

for those who dont know what i mean by V-ism check this

now im not talking about the normals to juggle you like that im on about the shadows being the hit op like in this video
RIP Karin we will never see you again.
I can see Johnny having something like that though

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
So all of the Johnny Cage talk has been getting me SUPER hype for this character. I do not know about you guys but I will be a Cage main for the life of MKX.

@Mikemetroid I take it you will be doing the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.