What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
His design is sick! He looks so serious now but still has that cocky look and personality. I cant wait to see how he differs from Cassie. :D

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Thanks to Kethup and Mustard the Johnny Variations are here....

JOHNNY CAGE VARIATIONS

Fisticuffs: (Gold 'CAGE' knuckle-dusters)
Adds Fist Bump and Flashy combos and normal attacks.

Stunt Double: (Green tinted sunglasses)
Adds the ability to create Stunt Double Mimic moves.

A-List: (Black forearm bandages)
Can Charge Normal and Special moves for increased damage.

SELECT SCREEN ANIMATIONS
  • Johnny makes a camera frame gesture with his hands at the opponent and says 'Erm... No!"
  • As the characters walk away from one another, Johnny shouts "Call me!"
UNIVERSAL SPECIALS
  • Low Forceball
  • High Forceball
  • Nut Breaker
  • Shadow Kick
  • Rising Kick
I don't want to post too much from their page, so you can find the full breakdown here:

http://thekombattether.com/forums/f...mobile-dialogues-mortal-kombat-x-london-event

You can also find unique character intro dialogues and other cool little things there!

Huge thanks to The Kombat Tether for doing such a good job as always.

Oh yeah!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yeah i said a few times before but fuck it ill say it again lol

I think they could give JC the V-Isn variation from SF3:Alpha.

but where is shadows actually have a hitbox so if the op jumps over your Shadow kick the will land on 1 of the shadows and get domino'd straight back to the front.

Im thinking of him being able to have like 5 out at once but he needs to do something to activate each one, when he uses a special move he loses a Shadow or something like that.

maybe the ability to use them in normals my MB's the normal or string.

For his special moves have the ability to delay a Shadow by MBing it.
Combo possibilities be endless

for those who dont know what i mean by V-ism check this

now im not talking about the normals to juggle you like that im on about the shadows being the hit op like in this video
Dude I think they actually gave him a V-ism lol

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Care to elaborate on what a v-ism is? I'm a n00b : [
It's a variation from the Alpha series of SF which gives your after images a hurtbox that hits your opponent with the same move that was just done.

You could get a better idea if you look at the quoted post I have. I doubt it would be that extreme though.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I read some dialogue and it seems like Johnny and sub-zero are cool with each other.
SUCH COCKYNESS
MUST MAIN
Sorry Sub-Zero!!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
If all those chargeable normals and specials in A-List can be cancelled...might have quite the frame trapper on our hands.

Stunt Double is very intriguing as well.

I cant wait.

D

Deleted member 35141

He looks good and that fatality yes, so it also looks like sonya is playable too.
Did anyone notice Johnny fighting JAX he had the same veins covering his body like sindel and kitanna did

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm curious to what the stunt double looks like and how it works
The way the polygon article describes it, it is straight Noob.

His Shadow Kick and Rising kick are changed, instead of him doing it, he sends out a yellow clone to perform them.
Also changes his Shadow balls to shoot straight instead of curved.

Hehateme

Noob
I'm curious to what the stunt double looks like and how it works
Polygon has a little more detail on this.
Cage can also fight with a "Stunt Double" variation, with which he can create yellow mimics of himself. Instead of performing his signature slide kick or rising uppercut himself, he can launch a ghostly mimic to perform the same move. Stunt Double limits his fireball throwing ability, however. Instead of tossing two fireballs in two different arcs, a la Mortal Kombat 2, Stunt Double Cage can only throw them in a straight horizontal line, as in the original Mortal Kombat.
Also has some details about the others
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/8198393/mortal-kombat-x-johnny-cage-story-mode
edit : beaten :/

Slymind

Noob
The way the polygon article describes it, it is straight Noob.

His Shadow Kick and Rising kick are changed, instead of him doing it, he sends out a yellow clone to perform them.
Also changes his Shadow balls to shoot straight instead of curved.
Got that impression as well, so basically, i'm doing a combo and then at some point i use his flip/rising kick, his shadows do it for him, so himself stays on the ground where you can most likely do other stuff to further extend the combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.