What's new

Match-up Discussion JimmyPotato Arrow Pre "Big Patch" Match Chart

Is Potato Down Playing?

• Total voters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yes because he can just MB it to hit. Also, J3 is not plus on block, if he blocks Jump 3 he can poke me before I can D1 him.
No, if you jump it on reaction he cannot hit you even if he MBs it.

All J3s in this game are + on block when done at specific heights. At the apex of the jump they are +7-8.

The way J3s work is that they override antiairs at the cost of being - 4 or so when you land, but they also are double as + as a J2 if you do them late.

For example, at max height on a jump if you J3 with arrow you can D1 before anyone can do anything, this is tested with all chars who have a lengthy J3 against both flash and luthor, D1 arrow will beat any move outside of a super.

A late J3 to f2d13 is a true blockstring and cannot be supered even by superman.

This is what Chris G abuses and I'm surprised it isn't known, he basically uses it every time and catches people who don't know it with D1 arrow.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I usually throw it out at full screen sometimes for scare tactics. You see Chris G doing the same thing against Batgirl.
Chris G is being dumb then. It's not a scare tactic, if you think BG is going to teleport then instead of making it an aerial combo right away, block and get a full combo punish on the ground. Chris G does not know matchups but is good at improvising, same thing happened vs DJT in evo.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I don't think arrow loses to batman (at least not 7-3) and I don't think arrow beats doomsday at all, if not even its in doomsday a favor IMO. Everything else I either agree with or don't have the knowledge to comment.

Oh lex I think is 3-7 lex and 7-3 vs joker

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Chris G is being dumb then. It's not a scare tactic, if you think BG is going to teleport then instead of making it an aerial combo right away, block and get a full combo punish on the ground. Chris G does not know matchups but is good at improvising, same thing happened vs DJT in evo.

You're also building meter for free, so I don't know why you wouldn't anyways.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I don't think arrow loses to batman (at least not 7-3) and I don't think arrow beats doomsday at all, if not even its in doomsday a favor IMO. Everything else I either agree with or don't have the knowledge to comment.

Batman's zoning is a huge problem for Arrow in that MU. And if you do manage to get close, you'll eat J2 from the back of Batman's ass or he'll just parry your attack, back dash, and repeat.

I think he handles Doomsday really well though. Trait is the only issue I see in that MU for Arrow.

RM Truth

You're whiffing a move with 40 or so frames of recovery. That is a free projectile, a free dash, a free anything, maybe even a teleport on the recovery.

Sky blast is 27 frames of recovery, and you can block both of BG's projectile if she tries to punish, and I'm talking about close to full screen, so there's no way she can dash and hit you that fast. Also, he is recovering while the arrow are still flying up so she can't punish with teleport either.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sky blast is 27 frames of recovery, and you can block both of BG's projectile if she tries to punish, and I'm talking about close to full screen, so there's no way she can dash and hit you that fast. Also, he is recovering while the arrow are still flying up so she can't punish with teleport either.
It's not about the punish, it's about giving your opponent things for free just because you wanna do an up arrow just incase.

RM Truth

It's not about the punish, it's about giving your opponent things for free just because you wanna do an up arrow just incase.

Let her get her free dash then, or her free projectile chip. It's not like she wouldn't be able to get in GA anyways, and its not that difficult to get away from her provide you can block her mix-up. At least your getting something out of the neutral game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Let her get her free dash then, or her free projectile chip. It's not like she wouldn't be able to get in GA anyways, and its not that difficult to get away from her provide you can block her mix-up. At least your getting something out of the neutral game.
That's the point, you're not getting anything, you're losing damage if she does teleport and you gain nothing.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You get meter. The most important thing that GA can get
except if batgirl happens to be throwing something while youre whiffing random fullscreen up arrows youll be hit. And if its a bola then you're screwed.

if you got time to whiff random upblasts you got time to load new arrows or zone her with one.

RM Truth

except if batgirl happens to be throwing something while youre whiffing random fullscreen up arrows youll be hit. And if its a bola then you're screwed.

if you got time to whiff random upblasts you got time to load new arrows or zone her with one.

You can't zone Batgirl and she can't hit projectiles on reaction to sky blast. Especially not with bola. She'd have to make a read on you doing it again, and if you're just sitting their throwing up arrow all day you deserve to get hit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can't zone Batgirl and she can't hit projectiles on reaction to sky blast. Especially not with bola. She'd have to make a read on you doing it again, and if you're just sitting their throwing up arrow all day you deserve to get hit.
Did you read my post? I said if she happens to be throwing anything while you're doing your up blast...

RM Truth

Did you read my post? I said if she happens to be throwing anything while you're doing your up blast...

Must have misread. That's true, but bola is slow and telegraphed enough that I can see it coming and not input sky blast unless of course we input our moves at the exact same time, but that's getting into theory fighting now. I'm not too worried about taking a batarang, but if it keeps on happening, obviously you need to change your strategy. I'm just talking about doing in neutral to build meter, and whiffing special moves at full screen for meter is a tactic that a lot of characters can take advantage of. It's just that its easier for GA vs BG, because he doesn't have to worry about getting full combo punished by teleport for doing it.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I agree with both MMH and Sinestro beating him. I don't think he loses that many MUs though, but I admittingly don't know the character that well

Espio

Kokomo
Flying isn't everything she has.. Right Espio ?
5-5 match up in my opinion.

Her down 1 is excellent for dealing with his up close arrow pressure, wing evade 3 gets her in quickly as does mace charge, all of these are safe options. On top of that, trait and mace charge can be used to evade Green Arrow's regular and trait arrows effectively as I often do versus Green Arrow.

Hawkgirl's up close game is more than well suited to handle Green Arrow up close. She has decent speed mids some of which are plus 2 on block and things like that, she can stay in and be at advantage on a lot of things lke wing evade 3 and 2,2, up 3. She can always cancel into MB mace charge for advantage too. MB mace toss is also an option to get her in quickly.

Projectile trades are also in Hawkgirl's favor as mace toss does 8% and regular arrows do 1% ish and I'm pretty sure regular maces do more damage than one fire arrow too(and of course she can MB mace tosses for almost 20% damage). She can wing evade out of super set ups to due to invulnerability frames on the move.

She can also alter her jump and when she lands so avoiding arrows is a lot easier for her and she gets in at will pretty easily too. Once she gets a life lead she can evade a lot of his zoning really well while using her trait(and don't mean by just floating in the air to be clear). Her uppercut is great for dealing with jump in pressure and Green Arrow is also one of the few characters she outdamages midscreen.

Green Arrow doesn't stop her from using her trait, he just checks her from flying in carelessly.

I've played this match up like crazy with Chongo, who has a really good Green Arrow. We both agreed it was even.

ando1184

Noob
Batman's zoning is a huge problem for Arrow in that MU. And if you do manage to get close, you'll eat J2 from the back of Batman's ass or he'll just parry your attack, back dash, and repeat.

I think he handles Doomsday really well though. Trait is the only issue I see in that MU for Arrow.
You can get by Doomdays trait by just savage blasting away. It stops any advancement he does and if he MB shoulders, then his trait deactivates.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think DS has a very very slight edge on green arrow.
I actually agree, if I did decimals it would have been 4.5 - 5.5, but I rounded it to even to try make my character not look so shitty
I think it's a significant edge in most stages due to interractable kontrol..

Why does frost beat him?
Why doesn't she?

Frost outzones him since he doesn't crouch with low arrows and gets stuffed by the projectiles. Iceberg also hits him out of aiming and in mix up ranges grants her a kombo. She also has a high damaging vortex and parry into kombo limits most of his options when he gets in since he doesn't really have good low starters. (Aiming point blank with low arrow is a very risky option)

YES! My quest to be the only GA on TYM is getting closer. But in all seriousness, I agree with this list except for three. I think Deathstroke is 4-6, Batgirl is 5-5, and Bane is 6-4. Any thoughts?
Don't think Batgirl is 5-5 because of the vortex and stage kontrol. If you try to mix up your aiming she kan teleport and punish you for pointing arrows at her. She also kontrols the stages since you kan't use interactables as well because of the teleport while she still kan.

Do you think BA beats arrow that bad if you jump lightning on reaction and get in on him with your + on block J3?
Black Adam kan run away a lot and then divekick over arrow once in the korner.. After J3 Arrow has to read your backdash to kontinue pressure. He even has to read the exact timing because of the ridiculous recovery on Black Adam's back dash unlike other characters. If he dashes in trying to read that he kan eat a kombo instead or even just D1~Lightning which pushes Arrow away again. Basically Arrow has to take risks and the zoning game is in Black Adam's favor and the risk reward is as well.

Black Adam kan't mindlessly divekick though.

IDK i just zone you out all game and i can out space you with b1. you cant do anything the whole game. your character sucks.
I was thinking this too but I don't like going into the mentality that he loses. Ares has more than that too and his shitty back dash allows Arrow to actually use F2D13 without getting punished for it.

No.. Chris G is not being dumb. The arrows that fly up from Sky Alert linger so Batgirl kan't teleport for a while after they left the screen. After you shoot them you're free to move safely without getting punished.

I think Batman is one of his worst match ups in the game. He wins up klose and far away... And kan do it all safely. Once you get in range it's all about reading J2's which leaves you open to more mix ups.

Thank god I'm not going crazy thinking Adam, Aquaman, superman and Batman were shit matches lol.
Yeah they fucking suck lol

Those were the obvious ones.. lol..

I agree with both MMH and Sinestro beating him. I don't think he loses that many MUs though, but I admittingly don't know the character that well
He actually does. If you main the character you kan see why. Some are not as bad as others..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
he 100% loses to lex. 4-6 - GA cant get in, and GA doesnt have the ranged moves to hurt him. Really tough match up.

Harley is definitely 4-6, she out footsies him all day, plus her zoning is a pain to deal with using GA
I don't understand how she out footsies him. I really need to play the amazing Harleys you guys have.. lol. No one uses her anymore in So Cal.