What's new

Match-up Discussion JimmyPotato Arrow Pre "Big Patch" Match Chart

Is Potato Down Playing?

• Total voters

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Gunshots are low reward. Eventually she'll get read and hit on an air to air and lose. It's not hard to block so Arrow kan more than make up the damage he lost on chip. J3 also has ridiculous range and her shitty AA is not going to get that.

Green Arrow doesn't primarily rely on his strings. He relies on his D1 which is long range. Wiff punishing only works if he actually wiffs which with long range and mix ups off of D1, there's not much reason to fail.
Dude, her jump kick move stuffs the shit outta almost anything Arrow can do in the air, and when she wins an air to air trade the damage vs Arrow winning one is laughable.

Not saying she kicks the shit outta us, but I def stand by her having advantage in this match up. I used to think Arrow beat her, then I Played a good Harley, and the truth was laid at my feet.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Dude, her jump kick move stuffs the shit outta almost anything Arrow can do in the air, and when she wins an air to air trade the damage vs Arrow winning one is laughable.

Not saying she kicks the shit outta us, but I def stand by her having advantage in this match up. I used to think Arrow beat her, then I Played a good Harley, and the truth was laid at my feet.

You do your jump attack early to stuff it on start up. Either way if she's busy throwing that out you kan either AA her or get in on her for some pressure.

I kan see it being weird online but offline doesn't seem bad. I guess I would have to play the match up again to see what you mean.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You do your jump attack early to stuff it on start up. Either way if she's busy throwing that out you kan either AA her or get in on her for some pressure.

I kan see it being weird online but offline doesn't seem bad. I guess I would have to play the match up again to see what you mean.
You have to guess a jump for D2 to Hit, I've practiced the shit outta it, and it just seems when she does that jump in, it hits from pretty far away and seems to just suck her into, it's fuckin weird.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You have to guess a jump for D2 to Hit, I've practiced the shit outta it, and it just seems when she does that jump in, it hits from pretty far away and seems to just suck her into, it's fuckin weird.

It's her low jump arch and the slow speed of Arrow's D2. She doesn't get much if you didn't expect it and just block instead though..

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
WW beats him free
3-7 easily. Mobility into lockdown in SS.... plus the fact that I double your BnB damage on any touch and can parry d1 in both stances and can sweep your low arrows

get raped ollie

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
WW beats him free
3-7 easily. Mobility into lockdown in SS.... plus the fact that I double your BnB damage on any touch and can parry d1 in both stances and can sweep your low arrows

get raped ollie

I'm very close to a 3-7 here for sure, the only reason I went with 4-6 is that I whip the asses of all the wonder woman players I play ;)

but in my head I was at like 3.5 - 6.5 so I rounded down to 4-6

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm very close to a 3-7 here for sure, the only reason I went with 4-6 is that I whip the asses of all the wonder woman players I play ;)

but in my head I was at like 3.5 - 6.5 so I rounded down to 4-6
Because they stay in Lasso
honestly, the number doesn't matter. She has an advantage... thats all i needed to hizzear.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on some of those match ups but here are the ones I particularly disagree with.

Don't think he loses to Harley.

Doomsday match up is even. SonicBoomBrad thinks it's in Doomsday's favor.

Catwoman I'd say is 5-5 because her wake ups outside of trait are stuffable, Arrow's D1 is long range, and you kan load arrows freely.

I also think Hawkgirl is 5-5 at least but I don't have that much experience.

Lex might be 5-5 too. Again, not much experience.
he 100% loses to lex. 4-6 - GA cant get in, and GA doesnt have the ranged moves to hurt him. Really tough match up.

Harley is definitely 4-6, she out footsies him all day, plus her zoning is a pain to deal with using GA

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
This looks good Jimmy. Agreed with all of them. Though, I do think he handles WW pretty well keeping her out of the air and outzoning. But, that's just my opinion.

Oh, and nice to see I'm not the only one who has trouble with Harley. lol

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Pre Big Patch Aug 29th- Follow up post below.

Aquaman 3-7
Ares 5-5
Bane 5-5
Batgirl 4-6
Batman 3-7
Black Adam 3-7
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 5-5
GreenLantern 4-6
HarleyQuinn 4-6
HawkGirl 6-4
Joker 6-4
KillerFrost 4-6
LexLuthor 4-6
Lobo 6-4
MartianMan 4-6
NightDick 4-6
Raven 4-6
Scorpion 5-5
Shazam 6-4
Sinestro 4-6
Grundy 4-6
Superman 3-7
WWoman 4-6
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 4-6

Shitty Match ups - 4 (3-7)
Kinda Shitty - 12 (4-6)
Even - 6 (5-5)
Advantage - 7 (6-4)

YES! My quest to be the only GA on TYM is getting closer. But in all seriousness, I agree with this list except for three. I think Deathstroke is 4-6, Batgirl is 5-5, and Bane is 6-4. Any thoughts?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
This looks good Jimmy. Agreed with all of them. Though, I do think he handles WW pretty well keeping her out of the air and outzoning. But, that's just my opinion.

Oh, and nice to see I'm not the only one who has trouble with Harley. lol

WW is an interesting character in this game, dedicated WW players all have different ways of playing her which I like, it shows that she is a great character. I def think Arrow can hold on when she is in Lasso, but the fight gets fucky when she goes to sword, and players that can switch between both properly are devastating. It's kinda like the Nightwing match up, not so bad when he's in Escrima, but when he goes to StickDick mode, kiss your Arrows good bye and start getting random as hell lol.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Why does frost beat him?

Among other things such as her Vortex bullshit that everyone has to deal with,

Her Parry fucks up his pressure game and her swords and ground spike can actually out zone him in the half to far screen game. This may change with the Low Arrow ducking buff. Plus she can full punish alotta shit with just slide, like say a wiffed Savage Blast if Arrow is trying to back away.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You don't win offline either. It's still 6-4. Being able to block my ES doesn't really matter because I can mix up between d1 es, raw es and overhead es. All of those have slightly different timing, and re very hard to block consistently. If for some reason you do I always have throws. When knocked down, all of GA's options are very easy to read and punish. Not to mention it's really bad for you once I get you in the corner. You really don't have anything that can contest me venom, so I get a free frame trap every time you block one, almost like superman f23, but it costs me a bar. And it's very easy for me to carry momentum against you because you don't really have any normals that can contest me besides d1. That being said you can play an offensive game very well against me, specially with super. But I don't think the risk of having to rush me down is worth the reward I gain from reversing the momentum on you. And even after all of this, I don't have to respect anything you're doing if I have trait on as long as I stay outside of your d1 range, which is much shorter than mine. My damage output is also higher than yours believe it or not. Like I said it's definitely winnable for you, but you'd have to make way more reads than I would, which is why I call it a 6-4. Hopefully that was a coherent enough response for you, it's like 4am and I just got back from WNF, but I figured I'd type this out before I went to bed.

EDIT: by 6-4 I meant 6-4 in Doomsday's favor.

Double Edit: You don't have to agree with anything I said, match ups are opinions. That's just my point of view.
One thing i wanna add

ES is not meant to be mixed raw and from d1. Its meant to be mixed via blockstrings to get a knockdown

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
WW is an interesting character in this game, dedicated WW players all have different ways of playing her which I like, it shows that she is a great character. I def think Arrow can hold on when she is in Lasso, but the fight gets fucky when she goes to sword, and players that can switch between both properly are devastating. It's kinda like the Nightwing match up, not so bad when he's in Escrima, but when he goes to StickDick mode, kiss your Arrows good bye and start getting random as hell lol.
This is true. I remember sword stance being a pain to deal with.

YES! My quest to be the only GA on TYM is getting closer. But in all seriousness, I agree with this list except for three. I think Deathstroke is 4-6, Batgirl is 5-5, and Bane is 6-4. Any thoughts?
No comment on Deathstroke, but I think Jimmy's got it right with the other two. Batgirl makes using arrows pretty risky with her teleport. And the more I play the Bane MU, the more it's looking in Bane's favor. This is another match where shooting any arrow is risky.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
One more thing, all doomsday numbers coming from doomsday players assume you can block ES and tech throws since that is "at the highest lvl"

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
This is true. I remember sword stance being a pain to deal with.

No comment on Deathstroke, but I think Jimmy's got it right with the other two. Batgirl makes using arrows pretty risky with her teleport. And the more I play the Bane MU, the more it's looking in Bane's favor. This is another match where shooting any arrow is risky.

I actually think that GA makes Batgirl have to play safe. She can't teleport at will because of sky blast. Also, maybe it's just the people I play, but I have no issues keeping Bane away from me.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I actually think that GA makes Batgirl have to play safe. She can't teleport at will because of sky blast. Also, maybe it's just the people I play, but I have no issues keeping Bane away from me.

Bane is interesting, Proper use of Venom and Wake up killing bullshit make him a beast. But you can play a patient keep away game with him, it's a slow way to win and mistakes most likely cost you the match, but against a good Bane, you basically can't go on the offensive, it's fucked up man.

Batgirl can't be throwing out teles just like we can't throw out arrows. So then it comes down to other shit, and she has unseable 50/50 startup options that loop around right into the same damn thing. Not only that but the shit is hella save, and she can also end strings with 50/50 guess situations if you are blocking as well. Basically she can cause more damage faster then Arrow can and easier. Where I have to be lucky and hope they can't block properly for my "50/50s" to hit, she just has to get lucky and have me guess wrong.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Do you think BA beats arrow that bad if you jump lightning on reaction and get in on him with your + on block J3?