What's new

Jax General Discussion

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Db4 scales less but leads to a smaller juggle. Bf2 allows you to get more hits in, but usually for less damage because of the scaling. The one I use depends on my screen position. Midscreen I use db4 for launching, but in the corner I use bf2.
Midscreen bnb:
Db4 ff d12 ff d12 gotcha grab
Corner bnb:
Bf2 mb s4 12 d12 gotcha grab
And I'd actually argue for the reverse of this.
Midscreen I prefer to use:
starter xx (amp)bf2, dash, d12, d12xxgotcha
for consistency (although 2-3% less damage)

And Corner:
starter xx (amp)db4, d12, 12, d12xxgotcha
which feels much more consistent and does a little (<1%) more damage than trying to time the s4 after the bf2.

Although consistency is a super personal argument, I think db4 is definitely the way to go in the corner.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
How do I fight kabal? It feels awful, he outranges us can zone us and can zone us too
Kabal and Cetrion are really hard for Jax imo. Kabal zones and outranges Jax, it is very annoying. Cetrions zoning beats all of his anti-zoning options so it’s hard for him to get in, but not so hard for her to push you away.

Is Ground Pound useless now? I don't see the point in using it when it's no longer unblockable and still just as slow.

Is Ground Pound useless now? I don't see the point in using it when it's no longer unblockable and still just as slow.
Ground shatter can be used as a launcher and combo starter. Ground pound is also useful for catching a player that's jumped and the enhanced version can clinch a round unexpectedly.

Learning to wave dash can help, as can dash canceling long range normals like b1 and b4.

Anything to close the distance to a place on screen that's more jax's speed

I love the double enhanced bf2 to make a combo. I don't see it often, but from midscreen it carried him all the way to the corner and heated the arms fully. Not sure if it's worth it damage-wise though, that second bar netted about 30 damage total.

We also see around the :40 second that tyrant uses a f33xxbf2, dash, 1, d12, d12xxGotcha as a combo. I didn't know you could juggle off with 1, d12, d12

Match up noteS: Enhanced ground pound is a great way to punish a reloading EB. The 22 string spans the length of the acid puddle just about perfectly.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, Jax being my most played character... I've come across something that seems to always work.

Does anyone know the frames of a whiffed ex bf2?? Because it whiffs and everyone moves to punish you but my d1 seems to always beat them out and it gives me a free grab or pressure or combo if they try jumping. Great way to get that final damage of a round or match.

I have a feeling I'm probably just scrubbing people out with it though.

Anyone know?

6ixty9

Noob
Im mostly playing Hunker Down atm... what's the easiest way midscreen to get the Heated Arm Missile KB. I've seen people suggest b2KB > dash 1 dash 12 heat missile...

I just can't get that to work - never been able to connect anything after the first dash 1. Is there an easier alternative? dont mind if it's less damage

Im mostly playing Hunker Down atm... what's the easiest way midscreen to get the Heated Arm Missile KB. I've seen people suggest b2KB > dash 1 dash 12 heat missile...

I just can't get that to work - never been able to connect anything after the first dash 1. Is there an easier alternative? dont mind if it's less damage
Are you cancelling the dashes? That's definitely the easiest way, just gotta get the timing down.

So, Jax being my most played character... I've come across something that seems to always work.

Does anyone know the frames of a whiffed ex bf2?? Because it whiffs and everyone moves to punish you but my d1 seems to always beat them out and it gives me a free grab or pressure or combo if they try jumping. Great way to get that final damage of a round or match.

I have a feeling I'm probably just scrubbing people out with it though.

Anyone know?
Just labbed it.

Startup, active, and recovery are...

bf2 >> 26, 2, 32
Enhanced >> 7, 3, 36

I think you are definetly scrubbing people out with it lol

Just watched Tyrant's Jax play from the summit(Jax vs Cassie and Jade). And the results of his play is bolstering some of my early assumptions I expressed about Jax on page 5. Though i'm not sure to the degree since its still early, but it does really seem that chars that can zone Jax and also have good range strings or advancing strings that can't be easily walked back out of to hunt for whiffs really make it hard for Jax to get in.

6ixty9

Noob
Are you cancelling the dashes? That's definitely the easiest way, just gotta get the timing down.
Do you have any tips on this? Am i literally trying to input the dash 1 into dash 12 as quick as possible? Or am i doing it too quick? I've not really seen a tutorial vid explaining it. Everyone makes it look easy but they've probably labbed it heaps

Everyone needs to practice anti-airing with 1, then dash 1, dash d12xx double missile. Most characters have an huge upward hitbox on their 1 or 2 just like good ol MK9 and MKX

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Just watched Tyrant's Jax play from the summit(Jax vs Cassie and Jade). And the results of his play is bolstering some of my early assumptions I expressed about Jax on page 5. Though i'm not sure to the degree since its still early, but it does really seem that chars that can zone Jax and also have good range strings or advancing strings that can't be easily walked back out of to hunt for whiffs really make it hard for Jax to get in.
I agree. I feel like he actually does fairly well on top characters like Geras and Scorpion, but can struggle a lot against characters that zone well and can't be whiff punished easily like Jade and Skarlet. Too early to say exact matchups, but it feels rough for sure.

Johnny Cage also feels tough (not sure if it's just me). His fireball is too quick to parry on reaction and b34 often low profiles your whiff punish attempts unless you're extremely precise.

Do you have any tips on this? Am i literally trying to input the dash 1 into dash 12 as quick as possible? Or am i doing it too quick? I've not really seen a tutorial vid explaining it. Everyone makes it look easy but they've probably labbed it heaps
The only advice I can add is to just cancel the dash quickly by pressing 1, Jax only really needs to move an inch. I could show you if you're on PSN if you still can't get it, Jax gets a lot of conversions with dash cancels like this one

I think I’ve opted to learn sub zero as a secondary. Need someone to help me with zoners and my logic is sub zero should beat all the zoners

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Omg this character is crazy in corner! Hkd, make opponent wiff hes wake up and punish for 30-49%! Me gusta!

Last edited: