What's new

Jax General Discussion

Justfitz

Noob
Man, jax was my first main, but now that I've seen everyone start playing him it's made me want to play with him less and less. I'm more concerned with playing against him atm. Having trouble dealing with his fast mid startups with characters that dont have quick mid starting strings of their own. D'vorah comes to mind in that regard.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Man, jax was my first main, but now that I've seen everyone start playing him it's made me want to play with him less and less. I'm more concerned with playing against him atm. Having trouble dealing with his fast mid startups with characters that dont have quick mid starting strings of their own. D'vorah comes to mind in that regard.
probably best to learn to flawless block his pressure tbh. if you dont have any way to stop him from coming forward hel be on top of you all match. delayed wakeups work well too

Justfitz

Noob
probably best to learn to flawless block his pressure tbh. if you dont have any way to stop him from coming forward hel be on top of you all match. delayed wakeups work well too
It's funny you mention that cause I was just practicing the flawless block stuff. Seems you can flawless the second hit in his f2 1+3 string, and it works reasonably well. Of course you then have to worry about f2 d4. Jax just has alot going on, and his ridiculous d1 doesn't make things much easier lol.

Naw bro we gotta stick with him through thick and thin. When he gets nerfed or too difficult we will be the ones who stick through and are better cuz we understand his general moveset

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
i dont get why they took the ticks and unblockable. was there an infinite with the unblockable or something? it's fairly reactable even for a nub like myself.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just dropping in to say Kano still has an unavoidable tick throw off d4; the opponent can’t even jump out and Kano is only -2 if the d4 hits. That is all. Carry on!

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Id personaly love for his Quad slam to hit crouchers instead of standing oponents
If they block ducking they'll still get hit by Quad slam. D1/D3 ticks. Try it with AI. Record AI to do tick from D1 or D3. After they hit u on block with D1 or D3, even u u release the block after that - you'll still get hit by Quad grab.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
If they block ducking they'll still get hit by Quad slam. D1/D3 ticks. Try it with AI. Record AI to do tick from D1 or D3. After they hit u on block with D1 or D3, even u u release the block after that - you'll still get hit by Quad grab.
Oh cool. I havent been doing many tick grabs because i thought it would whiff

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
How do you guys get in? I feel like Jax's normals are just a little bit slower than a lot of people's, and I struggle getting in on people who understand neutral. Like, I'll either trade, or my normal comes out just a few frames too slow

New player here, thinking of learning Jax, can someone tell me his best mid range/close/long rage moves, preferred variation, gameplan etc.

Thanks guys

I run hunker down and I'm lost at what to do against players who just walk back and toss projectiles/throw out half screen advancing strings all day. These strings stretch and advance forward faster than I can walk back, hunting for whiffs to get them off their footsies is just not doing anything for me.

I can have a char like Noob whiff his first two hits in his string and the third will tag me as i'm walking back. I feel like i'm getting turtled hard in most MUs. And jax's stubby range on f2 isn't helping. Man I wish they kept dash palm at -7, I feel like that and that slow ass gp is all I got to play footsies.

Oh yeah, and the wake up system compounds this issue for me. I hate having to resort to f2d2 or sweep to open someone up blocking the overhead punches because I know I have to deal with wake up roll, up2, or delayed. These low damage knockdown mixups be killin me in MUs against chars like skarlet.

I run hunker down and I'm lost at what to do against players who just walk back and toss projectiles/throw out half screen advancing strings all day. These strings stretch and advance forward faster than I can walk back, hunting for whiffs to get them off their footsies is just not doing anything for me.

I can have a char like Noob whiff his first two hits in his string and the third will tag me as i'm walking back. I feel like i'm getting turtled hard in most MUs. And jax's stubby range on f2 isn't helping. Man I wish they kept dash palm at -7, I feel like that and that slow ass gp is all I got to play footsies.

Oh yeah, and the wake up system compounds this issue for me. I hate having to resort to f2d2 or sweep to open someone up blocking the overhead punches because I know I have to deal with wake up roll, up2, or delayed. These low damage knockdown mixups be killin me in MUs against chars like skarlet.
also stagger f2 with another f2,,command grab,regular grab